2005 sts in dark blue and light green
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2005 sts in dark blue and light green in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; here are a few pics of the 2005 sts in dark blue and light green. that dark blue is calling ...
    diamond in the back is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2005 sts in dark blue and light green

here are a few pics of the 2005 sts in dark blue and light green. that dark blue is calling me... it looks kinda mean:coolgleam I likes. the green pics are too large to post so here is the link enjoy! http://speed.supercars.net/Board?vie...D=4&tID=114620
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: 2005 sts in dark blue and light green

The more and more I see this car, the more it reminds me of a Deville...

Where did the Art&Science go?

I understand that not everyone wants it to look like a CTS, but would a four-door XLR have been too hard? Some of the early concept sketches looked like that. It will probably still do well though as other cars in it's class are bland-looking for the most part. It just seems that the STS is confused sbout it's identity(taking cues from 2 different design philosophies). It does look good on the road, but upon closer inspection it's character falls apart IMO.

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It looks a tad more bulky than the current generation STS. I hope they put a suspension and engine to bring it to par with the European sedans. It is about time the 12 year Northstar gets a revamp! When it was introduced, it was a world leader in design and innovation.. let's hope Caddy can do it again!
    -Lelo

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all! Not at all! That's No Seville-replacement, much less a "normal" Cadillac. It's too small, too chopped up in design, looks very Japanese, much moreso than American Cadillac, what's with the huge piece of plastic under the hood? They don't want us to see the engine? Too disturbing for the tree hugger sect? The dash wood? Too Cocca in color looks major-fake. Interior looks tight, cramped. Big high slab sided, no character lines. I can just see these things running around here in NJ wit vogue WWs on them, simulated roadster roofs, pin stripes and all that stuff trying hard to make them look Cadillac. If I wanted a car that looked like that, I'd buy a Mitsubishi Lancer....please, give me a Cadillac - This car is a and could cause me to start :drinker and

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have still not made up my mind on wheater or not I will like this car, I am waiting to see it in person. I know that you will see just about every luxary car have more and more plastic cover the engine. The main perpose of this is that it keeps the engine noise down, its basically just a engine muffler to the cabin. The other reason they do it is because when most people buy a luxary car they dont go under the hood very often, but when they do they dont want to see a bunch of wires all over the place. It keeps the engine bay looking neat and sharp. As for me I enjoy seeing a open carb. chromed engine under the hood, but I also like the covers in the lux cars.

I have to say that every other time I see the pics it doesn't quit look like a $50,000 car on the outside. but i still like it more then i dislike it...i'll have to see it at the dealer and test drive it to pass final jugement.

Mitch3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Eldorado

I agree with Sandy on this one. I was going to say it looks more and more like a Nissan Altima. See that red car in the background ? I think its a Nissan. Pretty close resemblance to the STS. I thought Cadillac was on its way back. Now I'm beginning to have my doubts.

gust_1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00' sts

im still on the fence about the new sts. it doesnt look like a seville to me but rather a bigger cts. actually, THIS should be the cts and let's see a different sts that is a little more eye catching. i mean, come on....isnt the sts supposedly the flagship model for caddy? you cant have people, especially caddy fans/owners, going around doubting this car. i want to see more aggressive lines, and more wood on the inside. from the pics ive seen, it definitely doesnt look like a 50k+ car! it was a bold move, just not necesarily in the right direction.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think its ugly.

cadillacchromer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all! Not at all! That's No Seville-replacement, much less a "normal" Cadillac. It's too small, too chopped up in design, looks very Japanese, much moreso than American Cadillac, what's with the huge piece of plastic under the hood? They don't want us to see the engine? Too disturbing for the tree hugger sect? The dash wood? Too Cocca in color looks major-fake. Interior looks tight, cramped. Big high slab sided, no character lines. I can just see these things running around here in NJ wit vogue WWs on them, simulated roadster roofs, pin stripes and all that stuff trying hard to make them look Cadillac. If I wanted a car that looked like that, I'd buy a Mitsubishi Lancer....please, give me a Cadillac - This car is a and could cause me to start :drinker and
    My sentiments exactly..where's the chrome...the long wheelbase...cadillacs are supposed to be the cars of pimps and playas in a sort..now the sts looks like its for business execs in tight suits and and the fast and the furious types

cadillacchris is offline Cadillac Owners Member

:coolgleam
    Quote Originally Posted by Leloz
    It looks a tad more bulky than the current generation STS. I hope they put a suspension and engine to bring it to par with the European sedans. It is about time the 12 year Northstar gets a revamp! When it was introduced, it was a world leader in design and innovation.. let's hope Caddy can do it again!
    -Lelo

You do realize that this car will be equiped with the magnetic ride control. . .
    I am reading alot of people knocking the way this car looks or that fact that they can't imagine this car ridding around New Jersey with whitewalls on it, with a canvas top, well the fact is that the people that you are refering to only make up a small portion of the target buyer for this car, and in order to increase sale you must expand that demagraph to a little larger than New jersey middle-age men who are of Italian descent.( P.s Tony Soprano drives a new caddy, and you will more than likely see a new sts in the next season) This car is going to be the final push that Cadillac needs to put it past mercedes in sales in the USA and also be the car that brings caddy to the forefront of the luxury car industry. . .

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Disappointing, to say the least. The designers sort of lost themselves in a "euro" kind of way. Sorry, but this car does not leave the "CADDY" impression on me. If you like it great, but for style, the 90 and 00-03 are much better in terms of style.

Im sure it probably is nice riding and all but, isnt the exterior 1 of the most important parts?

Maybe next year?

it's weird the way i'm feeling it one day them im not feeling it the next. I really wanna see the STS-V body style and power specs now. but today I like the sporty luxo look of the 05 sts.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I really thought it would have looked better than that.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

He He...You know what's funny, is this looks like a CTS thread a couple years ago. Noone liked the CTS when it first came out!

Also, those pictures still, again, make it look smaller than it really is. It is almost as long a current Deville, has a longer wheelbase, is almost as wide, and is TALLER. This is a big car people. Beside the CTS, it dwarfs it!...

You "big boat" people need to wait for the DTS. The STS is NOT a replacement for the Seville - it's what the Seville should have been in the first place. More separated from the Deville. The DTS is rummored to be longer, wider, taller and MUCH more roomier than the current deville. Unfortunately, you have to wait until mid 2005 for it .

Oh, and BTW, the ticket for entry starts at only $41k...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.