2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by gdbradberry I have EXACTLY the same problem with my 2006 STS4. My Blackberry Bold worked just fine, ...
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: 2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by gdbradberry View Post
    I have EXACTLY the same problem with my 2006 STS4. My Blackberry Bold worked just fine, but with my iPhone 3Gs, everyone hears their own voice echo. Clearly this must be an Apple problem.....

Anyone heard of a resolution?

While on a call, turn down the volume. I found a spot that is easily loud enough and callers don't hear the echo.

craig.martell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by gdbradberry View Post
    I have EXACTLY the same problem with my 2006 STS4. My Blackberry Bold worked just fine, but with my iPhone 3Gs, everyone hears their own voice echo. Clearly this must be an Apple problem.....

Anyone heard of a resolution?

I finally gave up. I returned my iPhone 3Gs the day after I bought it and bought a Palm Treo Pro from Best Buy for $399. It works PERFECTLY with my 2008 STS. It doesn't hijack the call as I get close to the car, there is absolutely no SCREECH and sound quality is perfect for both the person I'm talking to and me. No Echo!

An added bonus is that it is an unlocked phone, so I can take it to Thailand when we visit my wife's family.

I have to say I am very happily iPhone FREE!!

Craig

trackbait is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS - Grey/Black Northstar NAV

Oddly, my 08 and my new iPhone 3Gs work just fine. No issues (yet) anyways.

acovington is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

My LG Shine worked great, now my Samsung Impression exhibits this same "loud noise on connect" problem. Grrrr. Any ideas are appreciated!

LAC_STS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS

My iPhone 3gs works flawlessly on my 05 STS

test57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V8

Been reading this site for about a month before pulling the trigger on buying a STS. Just bought a 2007 STS V8 with NAV. Great site! All the reading ahead of purchasing has prepared me for what to expect. I also received my lockpick today and will be installing it shortly. Bought it solely for changing NAV locations on the fly and using the phone. Everything that my Nuvifone does when taken on the road with me.

Connected up my Garmin Nuvifone and am having the same issue of getting a wake up call when dialing.

Based on all previous posts, I would have to say that this is not a cell phone issue. Bluetooth on Nuvifone works great connected to 3 other devices.

Thanks.

craig.martell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by craig.martell View Post
    I finally gave up. I returned my iPhone 3Gs the day after I bought it and bought a Palm Treo Pro from Best Buy for $399. It works PERFECTLY with my 2008 STS. It doesn't hijack the call as I get close to the car, there is absolutely no SCREECH and sound quality is perfect for both the person I'm talking to and me. No Echo!

An added bonus is that it is an unlocked phone, so I can take it to Thailand when we visit my wife's family.

I have to say I am very happily iPhone FREE!!

Craig
    As a follow up, note that almost all of the Nokia phones I tried worked very well too. I did try a Samsung Blackjack 2 and had the same problem.

I am surprised that the Nuvi Phone exhibited the issue, since my working theory was that the newer the phone the better. But I guess this is wrong. HTC phones (which is who makes my Palm Treo Pro) seem to work the best for me.

The only solution I have found so far is changing my phone. However, I hear there is an adaptor that allows for aftermarket nav/entertainment systems to still be able to control the cars functions. If this is true, maybe we can all just replace our nav/bluetooth systems.

Craig

hugo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac STS

The problem may not be the phone but rather the provider. Cadillac uses a Verizon CDMA system. Sprint, Virgin Mobile and others also use the CDMA system. AT&T, T-Mobil and others use the GSM system and the systems are not compatible and sometimes fight with each other.

Since you have an unlocked phone it must use the GSM system so this may not be your problem but try a CDMA phone anyway and let us know if that helped.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Well that's for the Onstar communication. I don't think that's related at all to the bluetooth linking.

matteg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts

Does anybody know if the I OS 4 update adjusts this loud piercing noise we are all receiving from the car and iphone? it would be great if this could get fixed soon

matteg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts

did u fix this problem????

banginis300 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just bought an 08 sts v6 fully loaded w/navi and I'm getting this same brief screeching sound before making an outgoing call. Using an iPhone on 4.1
    No ones come up with a solution in the past year?!

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Any fix would likely come from GM & the makers of the bluetooth interface. Given the age of this problem I think it's safe to say it's not getting fixed.

I gave up on the car bluetooth and went back to an earpiece - Jawbone Icon. Still lets me play iPhone audio through the car system through the hardwire link to the center console AUX input, while all phone calls come through to the earpiece.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.