2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by leojhartiv I too have an iPhone (1.1.1) and a 2006 STS V8. I don't notice a persistent ...
    paranoid1123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 c6 MN6 '06 STS-V

Re: 2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by leojhartiv View Post
    I too have an iPhone (1.1.1) and a 2006 STS V8. I don't notice a persistent hum, but I do get greeted with an extremely loud and ear-piercing buzz noise when I use my hands free.
    i have that same problem on my '06 sts-v

anyone got a fix for it?

jjsocrazy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-4 V6

I can't wait until this gets fixed, I'm calling Apple & Cadillac up!

Joe

jwhpe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

Smile Re: 2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Dirny View Post
    I have that annoying buzz with my iphone as well.

A bigger problem for me is the fact that the radio does not mute when I accept an incoming call. As the call is displayed on the nav screen and the phone rings, the radio is mute. As soon as I answer, the radio turns back on and drowns out the person who is calling.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anything I can do about it?
    It happened to me today with my 2006 STS. That was the first time but I've only owned the car about 2 months. I am disappoined in the blue tooth and Nav. Nor being able to make a call while driving defeats the purpose of hands free. Not being able to down load my iPhone contact list was a surprize. The NAV is so unuser friendly I can't believe it. I've had NAV in BMWs and 3 Garmins never dreamed GM could be so out of step with NAV technolegy. I wonder if the 2008 ( or 2009) is better and could I upgrage software?

ajmasala is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

I have an iphone 3G with the latest OS hooked up via BT to my 06 STS.
    I also have the ear-shattering loud buzz when dialing out - It is intermittent and drives me (and the unsuspecting passengers) nuts ! Havent found a fix for it yet - I tried the turning volume up & down, put-your-left-foot-in, put- your-right-foot-out, do-the-hokey-pokey thing, but that hasnt fixed it for me.

On the "not-muting-radio-on-incoming-call" issue - it seems to happen more frequently when the iphone is on silent mode. The way to fix it is to answer the call, then on the phone go to "Audio Sources" select "iphone" and select "Whatever-your-STS-BT-is-called". This has worked for me quite effectively.

hope that helps.

I can't wait for the new iphone OS upgrade. Amongst other things, I really hope they fixed the BT issues. btw, this seems to be a common iphone complaint - I have had flaky behaviour on the iphone with other BT speaker devices too.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

All the STS use the same Nav. Later ones have slightly different firmware levels and there is an upgrade for 2007 & earlier with VR, Bluetooth, etc issues. A Lockpick is worth every cent.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

It's early (3 test calls), but iPhone 3.0 software has yet to do the bluetooth buzz of deafness in my STS. Doing more tests tonight on the way home...

craig.martell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by MacMuse View Post
    It's early (3 test calls), but iPhone 3.0 software has yet to do the bluetooth buzz of deafness in my STS. Doing more tests tonight on the way home...
    Mine still behaves exactly the same after upgrading to 3.0. But I am going to buy a iPhone 3Gs tomorrow. Hopefully that will help.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by craig.martell View Post
    Mine still behaves exactly the same after upgrading to 3.0. But I am going to buy a iPhone 3Gs tomorrow. Hopefully that will help.

Craig
    I should mention I also deleted both bluetooth pairings - in the car and in the phone. I repaired and all tests are good so far.

Dirny is offline Cadillac Owners Member

iPhone 3G with new 3.0 software.

Loud buzz on first phone call out! Dammit!

Also, radio did not mute on first phone call in. Dammit again!

Not muting is the biggest problem of all. (yes, my nav software is updated, thanks anyway... all other suggestions welcomed)

dang - I've been BUZZED.... But........

The buzz didn't happen until I made the iPhone the Default entry in the Caddy Bluetooth setup screen. After it buzzed a couple times I removed the Default status in the Caddy menu and I'm back to no buzzing. Very Interesting!!

Clearing the default assignment also eliminates my other bluethooth problem - that of the car answering the phone when I'm standing near the car but not in it. It means I have to hit the config screen to activate it when I do want the car to handle the calls, but I'm willing to try this for awhile if it means no more buzz or calls that give up on me before I reclaim the audio back on the phone.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Report the problem to Apple. Many cell phones work perfectly.

If you do get the to fix it, you're back to the over-active connection issue. GM would have done us favor if they had keyed the bluetooth only when accessories are enabled.

craig.martell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Craig
    Wow, the iPhone 3Gs just made it worse. I still have the BUZZ (although less often), but now everyone who talks to me when I am in my car hears an echo of their own voice!!! This is very frustrating. My car is a 2008 STS V8, does anyone know if there is some kind of navigation upgrade that will help.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

I have this problem too but only with the Iphone?

trackbait is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS - Grey/Black Northstar NAV

The sad reality is....

Neihter GM nor Apple gives a rats ass about it. If either can get by with 99.9% success, why waste ressources for the few that don't.

It will be a cold day in Hell before someone actually acknowledges this and actually tries to do something about it. It will take some enterprising electronics wizard on his own to take on the challenge to find out WHY it does then, then how to fix it. Either way, I shall not loose any sleep wiating for the solution.

gdbradberry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4

Wow, the iPhone 3Gs just made it worse. I still have the BUZZ (although less often), but now everyone who talks to me when I am in my car hears an echo of their own voice!!! This is very frustrating. My car is a 2008 STS V8, does anyone know if there is some kind of navigation upgrade that will help.

Thanks in advance.

Craig
    I have EXACTLY the same problem with my 2006 STS4. My Blackberry Bold worked just fine, but with my iPhone 3Gs, everyone hears their own voice echo. Clearly this must be an Apple problem.....

Anyone heard of a resolution?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.