2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have the same loud "buzz" when connecting, and the phone does not always connect automatically. My iPhone is new ...
    Bradygriffin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Re: 2008 STS bluetooth with iPhone

I have the same loud "buzz" when connecting, and the phone does not always connect automatically. My iPhone is new (2 weeks old today). I've removed all pairings a few days ago but it did not pair again today. I'm a "gadget addict", and the phone and STS are set correctly. It was a real pain when the phone did not connect, but I installed the LockPick last Saturday and I can pair while driving now. Other times, I will be talking and when I get near the car (as expected), the phone will "pair" and I until I get inside, the conversation is on hold. I will think this over and post if I come up with a reason (or solution).
    BG

Bradygriffin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

I just realized Tomm has over 1,600 posts, I have a meager 39. Another late night (12:10 EST)............
    BG

mlpjlk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2007 STS Northstar

Has anyone been able to pair an 07 STS with a Samsung Blackjack II? My old phone worked with the car. AT&T says the Blackjack is certified for all Bluetooth devices. My dealer's service department actually told me my car did not have Bluetooth..... the Cadillac Bluetooth site is a joke.

drjdan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Premium

I have upgraded my iPhone to rel 2.0 firmware. Now the buzz that used to have when phone call is placed seems to have gone away. I have not received an incoming call so I do not know what happens on incoming.

Anyone else have any new experience with rel 2.0 firmware?

jjsocrazy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-4 V6

I just got the new iPhone (after waiting 2 1/2 hours on line for it) and I still get that darn buzzing noise. Maybe when I get the Nav Disc update it will help.

Joe

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by drjdan View Post
    I have upgraded my iPhone to rel 2.0 firmware. Now the buzz that used to have when phone call is placed seems to have gone away. I have not received an incoming call so I do not know what happens on incoming.

Anyone else have any new experience with rel 2.0 firmware?
    I upgraded my iPhone to the 2.0 firmware too. Initially, I placed some calls and it seemed to be OK so I thought it had gone away, but today, I placed a call and it buzzed again so it looks like it is not resolved.

rlivingood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-V 03 Allante

Re: 2007 STS-V bluetooth with Treo loud buzz on start

Have the same loud buzz problem with Treo 680. It occurs only the first time I make a call then all subsequent calls are fine. I have updated the phone to the most recent 2.11 ATT version of software so no other updates are available to try. Phone is set as default.

I am going to try again to remove the devices on both the phone and the car and then re-add them. Might have something to do with the pairing sequence of install. Normally I set the phone up first and then search with the car to get them paired. I'll try searching with the car and then pair with the phone in the opposite order to see if that helps.

Anyone else have any ideas? Seems to not be related to type of phone given that in this thread it is happenign with iphone and at least treo.

I to have the loud buzz problem, but with a treo 680. This is a 2007 STS-V. The car worked fine with a Treo 650 and a sony 510 over bluetooth without any problem. I have removed both the 650 and the 510 and trying to get the 680 to work without the buzz. It is set as default. The buzz only happens for the first time I try to make a call and as long as it is paired with the car it will be the only time on all subsequent calls. Software on the phone was updated to the 2.11 aTT most recent versions.

I am going to try a different pairing sequence to see if that solves the problem. Instead of pairing the phone to the car and then having the car search for the phone, I'll have the car search for the phone and then pair the phone to the car.

I have an iPhone 3G with the lastest Apple software and still have the problem on and off. Mine is a 2008 STS. I think the Bluetooth system in the car is the same as in I guess 2005 when they started this model run. If so, it was very early for Bluetooth and I am would assume it is like a version 1.

I also drive an Esclade without Bluetooth, so I turned off the bluetooth in the STS. I also use a Bluetooth headset, so I just leave it on and use in both STS and Esclade. That way I don't have to worry about switching or doing differently in one car or the other.

I do have the new Panasonic Link to Cell which is a cordless home telephone system that connects to wire telephone line like a regular cordless phone plus upto two cell phones over Bluetooth. So when I come in at home, I just put iPhone in charger and now have use of cell phone wherever I have one the cordless hand sets. It works great and I don't have to carry cell phone with me around the house to keep from missing a call or making a new call.

Unhappy Re: 2008 STS bluetooth buzz with treo 680

Ok, I have tried pairing and all the different options I could choose and still no luck. I continue to have a bad loud buzz the first time every time I use to make or receive a call. Subsequent calls do not experience this problem (thank goodness), but it sure isn't up to the Cadillac quality I would expect.

Is anyone aware of any additional TSB or other navigation software updates available. I am familiar with the early 07 update, but nothing since.

Also, i paired this phone with two other non-Cadillac cars and it works as expected.

Rod

Re: 2008 STS bluetooth buzz with treo 680

Quote Originally Posted by rlivingood View Post
    Ok, I have tried pairing and all the different options I could choose and still no luck. I continue to have a bad loud buzz the first time every time I use to make or receive a call. Subsequent calls do not experience this problem (thank goodness), but it sure isn't up to the Cadillac quality I would expect.

Is anyone aware of any additional TSB or other navigation software updates available. I am familiar with the early 07 update, but nothing since.

Also, i paired this phone with two other non-Cadillac cars and it works as expected.

Rod
    I have found that if you turn the radio volume up one click and down on click, the buzz will not be present on the outgoing call.

nixonride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Has anyone come up with a resolution for this issue....Mine only happens on the first call but it is really really loud and since the fiance is usually driving around with a sleeping baby it is a real pain because the noise always wakes him up...I would prefer to use the BT in the car as opposed to an ear piece but if there has been no resolution I may have to.

Quote Originally Posted by nixonride View Post
    Has anyone come up with a resolution for this issue....Mine only happens on the first call but it is really really loud and since the fiance is usually driving around with a sleeping baby it is a real pain because the noise always wakes him up...I would prefer to use the BT in the car as opposed to an ear piece but if there has been no resolution I may have to.
    I use headset only as I wear all day, but when I was trying our the BT, I found that if you adjust the volume up and down before using that seems to stop it.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by drjdan View Post
    I use headset only as I wear all day, but when I was trying our the BT, I found that if you adjust the volume up and down before using that seems to stop it.
    Ditto that. I don't know why it works, but I do the same thing and it seems to work. On the steering wheel, I hit the volume up button twice and then the volume down button twice and this seems to make it not do the loud buzz.

craig.martell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by dhemrick View Post
    Ditto that. I don't know why it works, but I do the same thing and it seems to work. On the steering wheel, I hit the volume up button twice and then the volume down button twice and this seems to make it not do the loud buzz.
    Wow, I hope this works; I will try it tomorrow. My wife gets all pissed off when the screech/buzz happens -- as if it's my fault .

Craig

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.