Will the new STS be overshadowed by
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Will the new STS be overshadowed by in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; the upcoming releases from Infiniti - new M45 Lexus - new GS Acura - new RL MB - new CLS ...
    lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

Will the new STS be overshadowed by

the upcoming releases from

Infiniti - new M45
    Lexus - new GS
    Acura - new RL
    MB - new CLS
    Chrysler - 300c

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Will the new STS be overshadowed by

Should be interesting. the RL may draw FWD fans from the midwest. the 300 may draw american rwd sedan fans, especially with the low price. The M45 i think will be the most head-to-head, i would be interested in seeing how its priced. It is a crowded market out there though, should be fun to see how it plays out. Benz will probably be too pricey to call a direct competitor, i still dont see how the CLS and E class are suppose to co-exist.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I think that they are all GAWD AWFUL UGLY, except for the Chrysler (which shoulda been named the Imperial, not 300c or is it 300M - or just 300?) The present Infiniti M45 is a masterpiece of elegant design and even balance, so they had to go and "egg" it too. They "egged" the Q45, and you see how terrible it is selling? I've seen like 5 or 7 of them in a year!!!!!

Soon they'll all look like eggs on wheels. I don't like any of these new "edgy-egg" designs, which is why I bought a Town Car. I can only imagine what FoMoCo will do to it, in 2006.

I actually wanted a 2002 Q45 more than anything but the cost of entry was a bit high. Coulndn't wait anymore a got a DHS. I like the exclusiveness of not seeing any of the Q's on the road but still having the 340HP to leave a lasting impression. I considered the 300c and would have maybee splurged to get into it, but when I saw it at the MT International Auto Show in January I was left unimpressed. It was probably because they had a base 300 model on the turntable...no leather, no chrome, 16'', no tortise shell steering wheel. Why didn't they have the 300c model on display? The base model looked pretty bad.

I agree the new q is pretty ugly but the performance and interior would help me look past it. The current M45 is has a weird grill going on but too it's performance can't be denied. The new M45 will do alot better.

I had an 03 town car for about a week...and it was pretty nice. The engine doesn't have very high output but I was able to entertain myself with a mustang. I also road across some coblestone streets and could have still sipped a cup of coffe. The LS is nice, considered one but was a little to small.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Man that M45 looks great.. very aggressive. :coolgleam

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I think that they are all GAWD AWFUL UGLY, except for the Chrysler (which shoulda been named the Imperial, not 300c or is it 300M - or just 300?) The present Infiniti M45 is a masterpiece of elegant design and even balance, so they had to go and "egg" it too. They "egged" the Q45, and you see how terrible it is selling? I've seen like 5 or 7 of them in a year!!!!!

Soon they'll all look like eggs on wheels. I don't like any of these new "edgy-egg" designs, which is why I bought a Town Car. I can only imagine what FoMoCo will do to it, in 2006.
    I agree with everything said, although they already egged the Town Car a bit from the mid 90s models.

The STS sure isn't eggy, thats for sure. Neither is the Chrysler.

If I were in the market, I'd get the Chrysler/340hp hemi, or an STS V8. Can't believe they have a V6 STS, boooo.

RES
    RES is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think the only one to give the Caddy STS a run the money is the Infiniti.
    The Merc is just plain ugly and clumsy looking in the rear-end. The Chrysler, well what can I say, it's Chrysler!..way over-designed. And I don't know if I can get anybody to agree with me on this one, but, does't the new RL look like the mazda-6 on steroids and a little extra chrome?...I don't know, would like to hear someone else's opinion. Oh and the GS is totally not even worth going into detail about, but I will any way. The car is just jelly bean boring (nothing really ground breaking on the design department)

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Looks like this would make a fantastic Car and Driver comparo :coolgleam

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

taking bets on which will do the best "smokey rear wheel drive burn out "

Hemi ? Caddy ? or the Infiniti ?

im feeling the hemi will put on a show

MT had an article on the 300c...and they had a picture of it burning out...

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

I'll take that 4 door Maserati.

Seriously though, maybe I'm just a little too american or something, but the 300c and STS are the only two above that look attractive or unique to me. I love Mercedes' interiors, but the only exterior designs of theirs that I am drawn to are the sport coupes they make. Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti all suffer from 'me too' design in this category, and as such blend into everyone else on the road, and if I'm going to shell out this kind of money for a car, I want it to be noticed. The Chrysler, while getting points for creativity, still remains a Chrysler at the end of the day(that and it will soon be over-shadowed by the upcoming 4 door Charger). So my choice would end up with Caddy again(the STS looks much better in person than pictures and you can't go wrong with the Sigma chassis it would seem). Can't wait for the V version.

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

I do not think that the Chrysler will be a large contender; it does not have a recent reputation of making luxury cars. In my opinion the 300 is over styled and ugly, does not look like a luxury car. All of the others will just be the standard competition, but its not new competition the luxury performance sedan segment has been crowded the past several years. Cadillac will have its place as always and I think that even more people will be attracted considering the AWD and unbelievable amount of gizmos. I would also like to say that although I would not buy a V-6 STS that was a smart move on Cadillacís part considering that MB and BMW all offer the V-6 and do very well. Thatís my take on this.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Well I personly really like the STS and think it is well designed throughout. As for the Infiniti it looks great in the front, but if you have ever seen the back of it the lights are huge and ugly. The STS bigest competitor will probably be the Infiniti and the Lexus which is kinda awkward in the rear door area. Then there is the Chrysler which inside its not the most luxurios kinda simple with a ugly leoperd patterned wood, also the exterior is kinda bulky and not to classy. Oh and finally Lincoln should not be brought up on a Cadi enthusiaste site, Lincoln sucks.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

The new Q and M are going to be good... I wouldnt buy the new Q for the styling, but for the technology, interior and features.....

Both of those cars, pictures dont do them justice... The new Q45 is a head turner no matter how many times you see it... It really sticks out, as in "bam here I am" and "I own you"... Much better in person.....

The new STS will be a big hit if they can pull off a decent first year, which cadillac isnt known for (They strike again with the CTSv and the oil issue)

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    The new STS will be a big hit if they can pull off a decent first year, which cadillac isnt known for (They strike again with the CTSv and the oil issue)

The CTS-V sold out for 2004 (it's limited production). They are beginning production on the '05s in May I've heard...

The XLR (which also ran on a limited first year production)hasn't had a problem selling either.

The CTS sold over 37,000 units in it's first year. That's huge for a first year car in it's class. The 2004 numbers are shaping up to be far larger.

The only Art&Science Caddy that hasn't seen record breaking sales figures so far is the SRX, and that owes largely to the fact that they only produced the most expensive versions at first. Sales are steadily increasing on them now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.