STS-V Clear LED Taillights & Clear LED 3rd Brake Light Installed...Before/After Pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS-V Clear LED Taillights & Clear LED 3rd Brake Light Installed...Before/After Pics in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I took pictures of my STS-V before I did the swap from the stock red taillights and red 3rd brake ...
    GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

STS-V Clear LED Taillights & Clear LED 3rd Brake Light Installed...Before/After Pics

I took pictures of my STS-V before I did the swap from the stock red taillights and red 3rd brake light to the clear LED taillights and clear LED 3rd brake light.

I think it really blends in well with the Light Platinum paint and I love the look.

What do you guys think?

SG
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Caroutisine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

Re: STS-V Clear LED Taillights & Clear LED 3rd Brake Light Installed...Before/After Pics

Your car has the right color for this modification to look good.

Nice

Re: STS-V Clear LED Taillights & Clear LED 3rd Brake Light Installed...Before/After Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Caroutisine View Post
    Your car has the right color for this modification to look good.

Nice
    Thank you very much! It looks really good on black too!

SG

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AERO1 View Post
    Thank you very much! It looks really good on black too!

SG
    yep, I like those Export tail lights on mine and I think tey look good on any color.

Hans

here`s a pic of my two Baby`s

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...lr/Bild004.jpg

harryctsv,

WOW! Very nice! You must be a baller!

No export taillights on the XLR-V? You have to get the CLEAR LED 3rd brake light. It will complete the look of your clear LED taillights!

SG

harryctsv,

WOW! Very nice! You must be a baller!

No export taillights on the XLR-V? You have to get the CLEAR LED 3rd brake light. It will complete the look of your clear LED taillights!

SG
    Thank you SG,
    the XLR is also the export model and it has a small light stripe inbetween the red tail light for the turn signal, when ON they are orange.

Have a nice weekend

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv View Post
    Thank you SG,
    the XLR is also the export model and it has a small light stripe inbetween the red tail light for the turn signal, when ON they are orange.

Have a nice weekend

Harry
    harryctsv,

Thanks for the clarification! I would have thought that GM would have done similar clear LEDs for the XLR that they have for the STS. I guess not.

SG

harryctsv,

Thanks for the clarification! I would have thought that GM would have done similar clear LEDs for the XLR that they have for the STS. I guess not.

SG
    No problem SG,
    these export models stay this way till a new model comes out. XLR expected here by 2010-2012 and a new STS is expected for 2011.

I`m very interested on the new CTS V, as far as I`ve heard it gets the LS7 engine from the Z06.

Harry

No problem SG,
    these export models stay this way till a new model comes out. XLR expected here by 2010-2012 and a new STS is expected for 2011.

I`m very interested on the new CTS V, as far as I`ve heard it gets the LS7 engine from the Z06.

Harry
    harryctsv,

Wow, if that is true, then that means that the current STS bodystyle will remain in production until 2010 here in the U.S. Hopefully, they will redesign the STS bodystyle because it doesn't seem to be selling very well. I think Cadillac went to edgy with their design of their cars. If they went a bit more subtle, they may have had more success with sales.

The CTS-V is pretty much confirmed to get the LS7 Z06 motor. I will get the new CTS-V when my STS-V lease is up in February of 2009.

SG

harryctsv,

Wow, if that is true, then that means that the current STS bodystyle will remain in production until 2010 here in the U.S. Hopefully, they will redesign the STS bodystyle because it doesn't seem to be selling very well. I think Cadillac went to edgy with their design of their cars. If they went a bit more subtle, they may have had more success with sales.

The CTS-V is pretty much confirmed to get the LS7 Z06 motor. I will get the new CTS-V when my STS-V lease is up in February of 2009.

SG
    SG, I love both Cadillac`s I own. They are great Autobahn runners and you don`t have to be scared of any Merc, Bimmer or all the big autonames. I use to drive my cars very fast, toped out on my XLR 282 khp (175 mph) and on my STS 279 kph (173 mph) - the export models are not speed limited to 155 mph.
    Last june we`ve had my friends XLR V, he is from Aliso Viejo/Ca to ABQ/NM a couple times up to 158mph when the limter stoped us going faster and I think it`s similar with the STS V (US model).

Not long ago I test drove the Z06 and I`ve had it up to 320 kph (200 mph) in a very short time, by HUD I got up to 347 kph ( 215 mph) while the analog speedo stoped at 200 mph. I´m allways a little in love with the Vettes, I owned three c5s, a 98 coupe auto - 01 vert auto - 02 vert 6sp.

Harry

SG, I love both Cadillac`s I own. They are great Autobahn runners and you don`t have to be scared of any Merc, Bimmer or all the big autonames. I use to drive my cars very fast, toped out on my XLR 282 khp (175 mph) and on my STS 279 kph (173 mph) - the export models are not speed limited to 155 mph.
    Last june we`ve had my friends XLR V, he is from Aliso Viejo/Ca to ABQ/NM a couple times up to 158mph when the limter stoped us going faster and I think it`s similar with the STS V (US model).

Not long ago I test drove the Z06 and I`ve had it up to 320 kph (200 mph) in a very short time, by HUD I got up to 347 kph ( 215 mph) while the analog speedo stoped at 200 mph. I´m allways a little in love with the Vettes, I owned three c5s, a 98 coupe auto - 01 vert auto - 02 vert 6sp.

Harry
    I hear ya! I would love to drive the autobahn!

I have had a 2001 C5, 2002 Z06, 2003 Z06, 2004 Z06 and 2005 C6 and while the Vettes are great performance cars, they don't have the comfort of the Cadillac. My brother in law has a 2007 Z06 and after driving it a few times, I still prefer my STS-V.

SG

I hear ya! I would love to drive the autobahn!

I have had a 2001 C5, 2002 Z06, 2003 Z06, 2004 Z06 and 2005 C6 and while the Vettes are great performance cars, they don't have the comfort of the Cadillac. My brother in law has a 2007 Z06 and after driving it a few times, I still prefer my STS-V.

SG
    SG, you change your cars even faster than I do but I know you have the same good taste in cars as I do

Harry

SG, you change your cars even faster than I do but I know you have the same good taste in cars as I do

Harry
    harryctsv,

Typically, I don't keep cars for more than 1 year. Life is just too short not to enjoy every car you can have! I am on the same page as you!

SG

DubzRollerCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

thats hot dude i like that

Quote Originally Posted by DubzRollerCTS View Post
    thats hot dude i like that
    DubzRollerCTS,

THANK YOU! I love it! It looks 100 times better in person!

SG

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.