Problems, help, and questions for 2005+ STS -- FAQ -- CLICK HERE FIRST!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Problems, help, and questions for 2005+ STS -- FAQ -- CLICK HERE FIRST!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Updated 10/15/2011 If you have a specific problem not addressed by this FAQ, please search for an existing discussion or ...
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Problems, help, and questions for 2005+ STS -- FAQ -- CLICK HERE FIRST!!!

Updated 10/15/2011

If you have a specific problem not addressed by this FAQ, please search for an existing discussion or create a new thread.

Please create a new thread for questions, comments, and issues. Use this thread as a reference point to link to other threads that may be useful to fellow STS owners.

The following links are for 2005 and later Cadillac STS -only-. If you have questions regarding a 2004 or older Seville, click here.

General Information:
    Parts diagrams

Owner's Manuals

Climate control and HVAC:
    Fix for climate control noises

Audio/Video/Navigation:
    iPhone Compatibility/Issues

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...dolby-5-a.html

Playing DVDs while driving

Upgrading Onstar from analog to digital

Adding factory navigation

Brakes:
    Reducing brake dust

Driveline and Powertrain:

Intake bolts loose on V8:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ant-check.html and
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...old-bolts.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ant-flush.html - How to change coolant on V8

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nge-fluid.html - How to change transmission fluid (and whether you should)

Exceeding the speed limiter

Lug pattern for wheels

V6 timing chain failures

Differential leaks

GM recall for rear end leaks

AWD STS4 transmission software update

Body, Electrical, and Interior:

Battery replacement

Door lock problems and issues

Driver seat wiggling

Peeling start button

Shattering rear glass

Wind noise from window

Programming Key Fob

Buying a replacement key fob

Hardwiring Radar Detector

Ashtray problems

Complete STS lighting and bulb guide

Upgrading 05 to 08 front fascia

Fog light replacement

Moisture in headlights

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Problems, help, and questions for 2005+ STS -- FAQ -- CLICK HERE FIRST!!!

If anyone wants to add something to this list, please post a link to the thread or topic here. No advertising please.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

AllGoNShow is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac STS V6

^^ Thanks for the 2009 & 2010 manuals

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...all-years.html

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

ALL MODEL (2006-2010) CADILLAC OWNERS MANUALS & NAVIGATION MANUALS:

http://www.cadillac.com/manuals/

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Cadillac Parts link with part numbers:

This site is a good start. Find the diagram with the part you are looking for and click on it, then scroll down to find your part# and price. I'm not sure the #'s are current and correct but it is a good start.

(thanks to Lifer for the link) http://www.compnine.com

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

You're talking about gmownercenter.yahoo.com I presume, and I can still see the Nav manual for my '06. The key is to claim that you own a car from the year you want manuals. You don't have to put in a VIN, although that's the easiest way to do it.

Or just

2009 Nav
    2008 Nav
    2007 Nav
    etc...

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Adjustments

HEADLAMP AIMING

Aiming of each of the headlamps is done by turning the vertical (1) adjusting screw which moves the headlamp bulb in relation to the headlamp assembly. The adjusting screw is located inboard of the front fender wheelhouse panel. The high beam will be correctly aimed if the low beam is aimed properly.

Some state and local authorities have specific requirements for aiming the headlamps. These requirements must be followed.

Aiming Area Preparation
    Choose an appropriate aiming area, then prepare the aiming screen:

The aiming area should be darkened and large enough to accommodate the vehicle and an additional 7.62 m (25 ft) measured from the face of the headlamp capsules to the front of the screen.
    The floor on which the vehicle rests must be flat with the bottom of the screen.
    The aiming screen should be at least 1.52 m (5 ft) high by 3.66 m (12 ft) wide with a matte white surface well shaded from extraneous light, and properly adjusted to the floor on which the vehicle stands. The screen should be provided with a vertical centerline (3), 2 laterally adjustable vertical tapes (2), and one vertically adjustable horizontal tape (1).
    The screen must be movable to be aligned parallel with the rear axle of the vehicle. This will allow for a horizontal line drawn perpendicular to the centerline of the screen to pass through the center point between the 2 headlamp capsules (4).

IMPORTANT: Adjust the horizontal line or tape (1) on the screen. for each vehicle tested. Vehicles of the same model and year may have different standing height for the headlamp.

After the aiming screen has been set up in a permanent location, paint or tape a reference line on the floor 7.62 m (25 ft) from the screen, to identify the proper location of the headlamp capsules (5) being aimed.If a regular commercial aiming screen is not available, use a vertical wall having a clear uninterrupted area at least 1.83 m (6 ft) high by 3.66 m (12 ft) wide, finished with a washable non-gloss white paint.

Vehicle Preparation
    Prepare the vehicle for adjusting the headlamp beam aim:

Verify that all the components are in place on the vehicle, if other service has been performed on the vehicle.
    The vehicle must have a full tank of gas.
    Verify that the tires are inflated to the proper pressures.
    Stop all other work on the vehicle.
    Position the vehicle squarely with the aiming screen and with the headlamp directly over the reference line which is painted or taped on the floor.
    Locate the vertical center line on the aiming screen (3) to be in line with the center of the vehicle (4). This can be accomplished by sighting through the center of the rear window and over the hood.Mark the vertical center of the front and rear windows with narrow tape. Use these marks as sights to locate the centerline of the vehicle. Move the vehicle or the screen until the center line of the screen comes into alignment with the 2 points.
    Close the doors.
    Rock the vehicle sideways to stabilize the suspension.
    Measure the height (6) from the floor to the aiming dots of the headlamps. Adjust the horizontal tape (1) on the aiming screen to match this dimension.
    Measure the distance (5) between the headlamp aiming dots. Position the vertical tapes (2) this distance equally to the right and left of the centerline.

Headlamp Aiming Procedure

Open the hood.
    Measure from the floor to the center of the headlamp bulb. Some headlamps have an aim dot marked on the headlamp lens.
    At the screen, measure from the floor and place the horizontal tape at the measured distance.
    Measure from the reference line on the floor to the left headlamp bulb centerline.
    At the screen, measure from the reference line and place the vertical tape at the measured distance.
    Measure from the reference line on the floor to the right headlamp bulb centerline.
    At the screen, measure from the reference line and place the vertical tape at the measured distance.

Turn ON the low beam headlamps and block the light from projecting onto the screen from the passenger side headlamp. IMPORTANT: Do not cover the headlamp. This may cause excessive heat build up.

Adjust the vertical aim of the headlamps to the specifications required by the state and the local authorities, or as shown in step 8. IMPORTANT: Horizontal headlamp adjustment does not exist.
    Rotate the headlamp adjuster (1) to change the vertical aim of the headlamp.
    Repeat the aiming procedure for the passenger side headlamp while blocking the light from projecting onto the screen from the driver side headlamp.
    Close the hood.
    ahmaduhhs and ahmaduhhs like this.

Please create a new thread for questions, comments, and issues. Use this thread to link to other threads that may be useful to fellow STS owners.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

bobinoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Condensation in my passenger side head lamp. Is there a fix for this?

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

First post, last link titled "moisture in headlights" just gotta scroll up.

----------

There are so many threads about this. As a matter of fact there is a very recent one. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...headlight.html

Valkyrie283 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy Can anyone help me?

Hi all new to this forum. Is there anyone out there that can make some suggestions as to what to do next? I have a 2005 STS v6. I have had my car in 3 different shops. The check engine light flashed on and off, then steady. Codes PO300 PO301 PO200 and runs like crap. The first shop said to take it to a GM shop, they didn't want to guess. The second ( a GM mechanic) put an alternator on it and charged me $400. I made it less than 5 miles down the road when it happened again and I took it back.They kept it for 3 weeks before they threw up their hands and told me to take it to someone else. The third shop a former Cadillac dealer and still a GM dealer charged me $1000 + and replaced the computer. I was able to drive it home..about 17 miles, without issue. It wouldn't start the next morning so as per dealer recommendation on my repair order I purchased a new battery. It ran for a total of 5 miles before the check engine lights came on again and it's running even more codes pointing at fuel injectors(?) etc. Codes PO261,267 300 301 and 8 more that I can't remember. The dealer that replaced the computer doesn't take my call. I just want my flipping car fixed. I love my car but this is getting to be more than me and my bank account can take! Any suggestions would be helpful before I push it off a cliff or part it out. Thanks

KRSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Timing chains.

Valkyrie283 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks....not sure If I want to put anymore money in it or cut my losses.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.