Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Show us your STS!

786K views 2K replies 501 participants last post by  Pristine STS 4.6 
#1 · (Edited)
2005 and later STS, not Seville.

Let's see some pictures. Show off. :D

#204 ·
Ok here is some before and 1 after with my Caddy's new exhaust system. Anyone that has a new caddy knows it won't rev past 4K in part so ya i'm gonna get an outside video of it in motion so you can hear it full out. I didn't take of the resonators cause I didnt want the interior sound to be loud, but that might still change. Not sure what the loose noise is in the exhuast video, it is not there in the real life hearing of it.

Click here for my MySpace video of the car's exhaust.

#208 ·
Ok here is some before and 1 after with my Caddy's new exhaust system. Anyone that has a new caddy knows it won't rev past 4K in part so ya i'm gonna get an outside video of it in motion so you can hear it full out. I didn't take of the resonators cause I didnt want the interior sound to be loud, but that might still change. Not sure what the loose noise is in the exhuast video, it is not there in the real life hearing of it.

What year is your STS? That looks like an 08? Did you have to modify the rear hangers for it to fit? My kit was Pt# 14157 (for 05-07) and took a chance to see what the difference was. I had to weld new hangers for the rear mount. The hangers in the kit were to short. Also, it looks like you did some welding on the exhaust pipe or added an extension or something on the inlet side?
Modified to fit the 08.

I DO love the sound now. Even the idle has a very nice low rumble to it, but hardly any resonance inside. I too need to hang a mic out the trunk for sound outside. It's just not even close to what you hear in a highly insulated cabin.

#205 ·
Exhaust looks great!

For the Front bumper removal, any tips or things that may help us? I have 3 HID kits and a set of Wedge bulbs under my desk here at work, but don't want to take my bumper off if its a 2 hours to take off 2 hours to put on type thing as I need to replace it anyways and would rather drive around with my fogs on instead of waste a bunch of time. Any estimates as to time wise for bumper removal? Tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

#206 ·
Since i never did a Cadillac like this before. It took me like 5-6 hours on a lift. I know laugh it up, im not that mechanically gifted haha. Anyway I didn't do high beams, granted with some work you could find room, there isn't much to fit both high and low beams. So i'd run with lows and fogs only. yes the wedge bulb is 192/194 style. I hide the low beam amp under the light itself, and I tucked the fog lights behind the metal frame by drilling some small holes to mount them.

#207 ·
STE600, sounds great, but do you think its too loud inside or is that the sound youre going for. im thinking of getting the CAI, but i dont want too much. I have a Flowmaster 50series system on my ride now, with a K&N Filter and it sounds great. I just dont want too much, considering it sounds pretty throaty now. What do you think?

#212 ·
I went to our local car paint and body shop supplier and found a 21ft roll of adhesive backed mylar trim molding 1/8 wide. I cut it to length and carefully fit it into the grooves that exist between the various parts. It fits in those grooves perfectly and so far is holding well in out AZ heat. I was really surprised what a difference it made. Total cost $21 with about 10ft left. I figured that GM parts wouldn't sell those separately since the supplier ships the pads with the inserts already installed.