Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Show us your STS!

786K views 2K replies 501 participants last post by  Pristine STS 4.6 
#1 · (Edited)
2005 and later STS, not Seville.

Let's see some pictures. Show off. :D

#185 ·
Ok here is some work for today. HID's coming soon. When its dark I'll be taking some night shots with them. I installed 10,000K (blue) 55W not the lower power 35W HID's. Gen 3 for low beam and fogs. Here is my car being worked on by me and my pops. He wanted to help me some.

#188 ·
I bough Ruff (company) HID Kit, Gen 3 55W 10,000K lights.
I got H3 for the fogs, and H11 for the low beams. There isn't a lot of room to work with on the low beams so getting high beams might be hard to do both. High beams are 9005 bulb. I hardly use my high beam a lot so i thought it was worthless to change them, but when you run them it is a huge difference in color and output, but again i barely use my high beam.

Here is a link to the ebay one I won. Though the price was $30 dollars cheaper, like a temp sale. Either way it is well worth the price. I had similar lights in my Buick LeSaber and my Mercury Capri convertiable. So I couldn't not have it. Click here for ebay link. If anyone has more questions or wants to hit me for taking the front bumper off on my own, let me know.

Oh ya, this might be a good time to get new bulbs in the headlight to. They are 192/194 wedge style bulb. Tried not to go over 2 led wedges, as anything bigger will most likely not fit. Normal wedge bulbs will look to yellow compared to the head lights. so get atleast xenon white style leds.

#202 ·
I bough Ruff (company) HID Kit, Gen 3 55W 10,000K lights.
I got H3 for the fogs, and H11 for the low beams. There isn't a lot of room to work with on the low beams so getting high beams might be hard to do both. High beams are 9005 bulb. I hardly use my high beam a lot so i thought it was worthless to change them, but when you run them it is a huge difference in color and output, but again i barely use my high beam.

Here is a link to the ebay one I won. Though the price was $30 dollars cheaper, like a temp sale. Either way it is well worth the price. I had similar lights in my Buick LeSaber and my Mercury Capri convertiable. So I couldn't not have it. Click here for ebay link. If anyone has more questions or wants to hit me for taking the front bumper off on my own, let me know.

Oh ya, this might be a good time to get new bulbs in the headlight to. They are 192/194 wedge style bulb. Tried not to go over 2 led wedges, as anything bigger will most likely not fit. Normal wedge bulbs will look to yellow compared to the head lights. so get atleast xenon white style leds.

Yeah, hit me up with some photo documentation on your project of getting the bumper off and the install on the lows. Is the H11 the fac replacement style bulb for the lows? Are they plug and play or you have to modify the wiring harness any? On a C5 vette, I used the 9005's in my lows (after trimming off a small tab to make them fit like the 9006. There were some startup problems so had to use a relay system to get them to light up everytime. Huge difference though.

Anything you could offer on your DIY would be great.

#198 ·
Here are some changes I made: spoiler, stainless rocker moldings, door handle covers, body color antenna, body side moldings with bright insert, trunk molding and relocated emblems, and bright interior trim like Platinum edition. Nothing major but needed something to brighten up the exterior.

Attachments

#211 ·
About the chrome interior moldings, did you simply order them from Cadillac? If so, would you mind saying how much they cost? Did you install them yourself?

#199 ·
Ok, it was a pain in the ass, but I installed a Volant Cold Air Intake in my Caddy this weekend. It is damn mean now when you lay into it!!!!!!!

Problems I ran into? well the intake tube they provided was way to big, bend wise, for the car without taking some of the plastic housing where the fan was. I used the original tube which worked great and is as big as the volant tube, just not as bended. Over all it took a little effort and the outcome is one mean sounding caddy without any exhaust when you are at WOT.

The Volant CAI

Caddy Before Intake

Caddy After Intake

Caddy Video - Before and After Sounds