Show us your STS! - Page 64
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 81 FirstFirst ... 14 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree310Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Show us your STS! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well tonight I took the plunge and modded all 4 doors to have the caddy logo projectors. Mine must be ...
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Re: Show us your STS!

Well tonight I took the plunge and modded all 4 doors to have the caddy logo projectors.
    Mine must be a bit larger of a housing as they are 5W LEDs, so I wasn't able to fit them into the hole where the courtesy lights were.
    I did drill a hole in the bottom of the door panels, maybe I will regret it some day but honestly they are the underside of the door and only visible if laying under the door.

So mine have both the functional courtesy light intact and the new LED light.

What it looks like from below:

Here it is mounted inside the door panel:

Close-up of passenger side:

Distance shot of driver side:

While I had the door panels off I did notice that the front and rear Bose speakers are quite different from each other.
    (I have the 15 speaker system)

Front doors:
    You can see they have their own amp mounted on top of the speaker

Rear doors:
    These just look like basic ordinary speakers, nothing too special.
    They must run off the amp in the trunk, and there are only 2 wires going to the speaker compared to 4 or 5 to the door speakers and I believe 3 to the sub.

Seems odd that the front speakers are attached to the metal door and the rears are attached to the door panel.

Charles Warren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts v8 and 2003 cts 3.2

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...48508557_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...69674709_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...38041488_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...30068871_o.jpg

as you can see my paint job went sour. I'm not happy with it and guy who painted it thinks he did me a favor but total of all the 22s and paint came to $6395 so minus 1300 and what's left is paint so I feel like it's time to let insurance company go after him. Car has no gloss and he's blaming his wet sand guy but I don't care it's your shop and your mess. Took 38 days to paint and I paid 8 days extra for rental and took car back twice and still messed up. And still yet to get my 22s back[as you can see my paint job went sour. I'm not happy with it and guy who painted it thinks he did me a favor but total of all the 22s and paint came to $6395 so minus 1300 and what's left is paint so I feel like it's time to let insurance company go after him. Car has no gloss and he's blaming his wet sand guy but I don't care it's your shop and your mess. Took 38 days to paint and I paid 8 days extra for rental and took car back twice and still messed up. And still yet to get my 22s back

----------

Broke my foglights thats why I cut the backs open and put another set of projectors I had laying around. I don't even like driving it anymore. I like the color but 800j from factory kills this crap he calls a pai t job. No wet sand and buff will save those imperfections. I got a dent while it was in the shop. My whole dash was covered in paint residue and I had the keyhole piece on my drivers door come off due to him not putting allen screw back in. My windshield was never retinted my bumper was never put back on right. My emblems were left off and he gave em back with the northstar emblem cut in half. I have pai t on every last window and trim felt piece. Engine was covered in soot. I got overspray on kia wheels and inner liners. My fender signals are broken. Just horrible

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    Well tonight I took the plunge and modded all 4 doors to have the caddy logo projectors.
    Mine must be a bit larger of a housing as they are 5W LEDs, so I wasn't able to fit them into the hole where the courtesy lights were.
    I did drill a hole in the bottom of the door panels, maybe I will regret it some day but honestly they are the underside of the door and only visible if laying under the door.

While I had the door panels off I did notice that the front and rear Bose speakers are quite different from each other.

Front doors:

Rear doors:
    They must run off the amp in the trunk, and there are only 2 wires going to the speaker compared to 4 or 5 to the door speakers and I believe 3 to the sub.

Seems odd that the front speakers are attached to the metal door and the rears are attached to the door panel.
    All the base speakers (front door speakers and rear deck mounted sub) have amps mounted to them. The remaining 12 speakers are indeed all powered by the trunk mounted amp.

with that stated why does the amp in the trunk go out so often????

achavez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 4.6ltr 1SE

very crappy situation Charles. hope stuff works out

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren View Post

as you can see my paint job went sour. I'm not happy with it and guy who painted it thinks he did me a favor but total of all the 22s and paint came to $6395 so minus 1300 and what's left is paint so I feel like it's time to let insurance company go after him. Car has no gloss and he's blaming his wet sand guy but I don't care it's your shop and your mess. Took 38 days to paint and I paid 8 days extra for rental and took car back twice and still messed up. And still yet to get my 22s back Broke my foglights thats why I cut the backs open and put another set of projectors I had laying around. I don't even like driving it anymore. I like the color but 800j from factory kills this crap he calls a paint job. No wet sand and buff will save those imperfections. I got a dent while it was in the shop. My whole dash was covered in paint residue and I had the keyhole piece on my drivers door come off due to him not putting allen screw back in. My windshield was never retinted my bumper was never put back on right. My emblems were left off and he gave em back with the northstar emblem cut in half. I have paint on every last window and trim felt piece. Engine was covered in soot. I got overspray on kia wheels and inner liners. My fender signals are broken. Just horrible
    Wow that sounds really bad, I'm not sure what else to say really it can't be put into words...

Lawsuit is the best words in this situation

Mullah88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6L (BLU); 1998 Seville STS (Delilah)
    Take it back and have them fix it and they have to pay for your rentals for that time being! Involve a lawyer if you have to

I gave up with mine, after they tinted my lights green. I took it back and they put another tint over the green making it almost impossible to see out of... meanwhile they misplaced the tow hook cover! I'll be taking the car to a different shop to remove the front tints and just paint inside the housing, hopefully they will not muck that one up too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Charles Warren likes this.

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post

Front doors:

Rear doors:

where did you get those Cadillac projectors?

online from AliExpress ... they are supposedly 5w LEDs.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 129k

Luda,

The reason for the speaker difference is because the fronts are for low's only, they're the sub's for the front sound stage coupled with the dash speakers as sort of an OEM component setup. Those speakers are fed their own amp to increase power and efficiency whereas the rear's are simply full range speakers. If you get your ears near them while listening to some tunes you'll notice their output is vastly different.

I can't imagine the rattling/vibration's we'd get if the fronts were just mounted to the door panel and not the actual door itself.

----------------------

Here's a much better description of the system, straight from the Bose Demo DVD;

Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.ne...42624639_n.jpg

update. I got bored and decided to wax a section. Man I should quit my day job...... not
    midnite_tm likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

I forgot. Is that white lightning?

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 129k

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warren View Post
    https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.ne...42624639_n.jpg

update. I got bored and decided to wax a section. Man I should quit my day job...... not
    My car sure could use a good waxing...Getting pretty close to plow trucks and road salt though so I may just wait until spring time.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

^i was just thinking that, I gave it today a good wash and thinking of waxing the rear bumper or go to a place to professionally redo the clear coat, it's not shiny like the rest of the car, i think the previous owner redid the bumper on the cheap.
    Gomaz likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.