Show us your STS! - Page 49
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree286Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Show us your STS! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Warren...I absolutely love that car....white rims on white cars/trucks is the best look...
    DarkMingBlueSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 6 CYL
    Warren...I absolutely love that car....white rims on white cars/trucks is the best look

Bcapezzone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 STS

Re: Show us your STS!

Hi All, I'm in the works to purchasing an 09 or 10 STS with a V8. This will be my first Cadillac and I'm really excited. It will be replacing an 01 Nissan Maxima that is a POS with all kinds of issues. I'm pretty sure that I'll get a black or dark grey color and try to get the most options possible. I'm not against going with an 08 but it seems that all the years are reliable. Any thoughts on the year to get? Thanks for all your time.
    ~BC

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcapezzone View Post
    Hi All, I'm in the works to purchasing an 09 or 10 STS with a V8. This will be my first Cadillac and I'm really excited. It will be replacing an 01 Nissan Maxima that is a POS with all kinds of issues. I'm pretty sure that I'll get a black or dark grey color and try to get the most options possible. I'm not against going with an 08 but it seems that all the years are reliable. Any thoughts on the year to get? Thanks for all your time.
    ~BC
    You probably could have done a new thread / topic for this.
    From what I found when I was looking is that 08+ has a 6spd auto for all power train setups previous was 5spd auto. If you want to make sure yours is fully loaded look for RPO codes under the spare tire cover in the trunk.
    Look for:
    1SG this adds lots of stuff can't think of them all right off the top of my head right now.
    F55 for the advanced continuously variable Magnetic Ride Control with selectable ride preference
    W21 for platinum model
    JE5 for upgraded brakes
    J56 for the best brakes (Brembo brakes from STS-V) - otherwise look for 6 lug wheels, non V brakes have 5 lugs.
    TT6 for HIDs or look to see if there is a small rectangular cut piece in the front bumper between the headlights and grill as these are the headlight washers and are only found on factory HID equipped cars.

Things you don't have to see a code to know:
    Speakers in the top of the front seats = Bose 15 speaker 5.1 Studio surround system, should have a huge Navigation screen too with a 6 disc in dash DVD changer.
    Look for a seat and fan symbol on the HVAC controls paired with the heated seat button to get ventilated seats.
    Look for a window in the dash above the instrument cluster as this is your heads up display (HUD).
    The HUD gives you adaptive cruise control and driver awareness package.
    Driver awareness is cruise that adjusts your speed base on the traffic in front of you the resumes your original speed after they are out of the way / speed up to at least your speed. This puts an active front facing radar system in the grill to monitor what's in front of you. This also adds side blind zone detection system that uses side facing radar in rear bumper to detect cars to each side of you. This also adds a front facing camera into the windshield to monitor road lane lines to help keep you from departing your lane unintentionally.

I'm sure some others will pipe in with other things.
    I don't know of any changes to function / reliability for any model years newer than 08.

In my opinion the only reason to get newer than 08 would be for better chance of lower miles and better chance of still being under factory bumper to bumper warranty.
    Speaking of that, power train is a 5yr 100k miles, bumper to bumper is 4yr 40 or 50k? Miles.

This is a must for all Cadillacs:
    Get some form of service contract / extended warranty / get it certified from Cadillac as that gives a nice warranty boost.

Take your time and find the one you want. Test drive both RWD an AWD models. DO NOT BUY THE V6 model of any year unless you like issues with timing chains as when they break you need a new motor.
    Bcapezzone and Bcapezzone like this.

sinvill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

IMG_20120624_143913.jpgIMG_20120624_143840.jpgIMG_20120624_143302.jpgIMG_20120624_143819.jpg284105_247363808625950_534300_n.jpg
    My 05' STS Custom Paint, Wheels, Lowering,all lights smoked..... What do you think? I am going to shave the door handles and possible "Suicide Doors"(rear)....

Looks good sin...what tire size and how low?

triumph.man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS

not really my type of ride. think that would look better on a cts, but to each their own

sinvill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    They are 22" x 8.5 on 225/35. Had them on 30 series tires but it was too hard of a ride. With the 35 series I raised an inch from 3", which is cool because now I clear everything without a scrap and don't have to take an angle approach to everything I drive over. And yeah I guess each to their own because I get lots of complements and got all the cts's in town giving thumbs up and wanting to talk to me about the STS. Cts's are way too common around here so I like that its a little different and more sedan like, its my cruiser.

Nice...your grille is in great shape but any thoughts of changing it? Sin

JohnDubya is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-4 Luxury Premium 3.6L

Hope this works, pics of my 2009 STS4 3.6DI luxury premium with 18" factory double spoke wheels and offset tires.

IMAG0090.jpg
    IMAG0091.jpg
    sts4 side.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg

ITSQUIK is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Heres my 05. Painted grills, Lexani 22x11 rear & 22x9 front with custom paint matched lips. What's everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by ITSQUIK View Post

Heres my 05. Painted grills, Lexani 22x11 rear & 22x9 front with custom paint matched lips. What's everyone think?
    Lookin real nice. Got a link to your led front signals? Do they rapid flash?

ITSQUIK is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    They flash slightly faster than normal. I don't mind tho. I think it actually draws a little more attention. Ive changed every single exterior bulb to LED except the headlights which are all HID.

Heres a couple pics of my custom dash with Ipad dock. Almost finished. I've since installed black carpet & console & finished installing the AC vents. Those pics are soon to follow.

Looks real clean, much better than that useless ashtray cig lighter tray thing that was under the HVAC controls.

Wysguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 STS(V8), '06 XLRV, '05 Escalade EXT,'04 DTS, '91 Seville

My recently purchased '06 w/ N*. Its stock now but I will be making some changes to it to better the appearance and no it will not be a fake Vsts.jpg

Nice work quick...cool pic guy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.