Show us your STS! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Show us your STS! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Mine's black with tan interior. I've only had it a week, but I think the only options that it doesn't ...
    LuvMyV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 4.6 STS

Re: Show us your STS!

Mine's black with tan interior. I've only had it a week, but I think the only options that it doesn't have are ACC and AWD.

Not the best picture!

The 20's don't do much for the ride quality, but damn they look good!
    Attached Images
    LINE1 likes this.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by coati View Post
    Photo taken at Moffett Field Naval Air Station in Mtn. View, CA
    Do you know anything about the Macon's old airship hanger at Moffett? I thought I read that it was being torn down.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Quote Originally Posted by ssstealth View Post

i love that car....

eightshb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2005 1SG all options including All wheel drive except ACC
    Attached Images

RIP00DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

my 05 sts V6, moonstone with 5% tint, everything else is stock for now

05STSWOW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 1-SG, traded in 2005 STS4 1-SG

I picked up my new 2008 STS 1SG a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it about a month before with everything including the Performance Handling Package (18" x 8.5" seven spoke wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport summer only tires, and Brembo brakes). but did not get the Driver Awareness Package. The dealer installed an E&G mesh grill and 35% tint. I traded my 2005 STS4 1SG with 62,500 miles.
    I didn't want AWD this time, especially because of the cost, lower gas mileage and the Gas Guzzler Tax. It hasn't snowed here the entire time I owned to '05. My daughter just moved to Chicago, so Summer visits only.
    I've found that the RWD is a much better handliing car and much more nimble. I loved the '05, but the '08 is even better. I am posting some pictures and have changed my avatar. How do I change my user name? It's out of date!
    Attached Images

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Nice car! That color looks so good on the STS. I love it.

What color is the interior? From what I can tell from the pictures, it looks black which is my favorite combination with that color, but it may just be the window tint making the interior look dark.

Yes, it is ebony Tuscany leather. My previous STS was Redline with the cashmere Tuscany leather and this combination is much more dramatic and it's UGA colors... Go Dawgs!
    Next project is painting the Brembo calipers red. I would love to have the drilled rotors available from Cadillac, but at $375 per it ain't gonna happen.

tedasaurus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981 Fleetwood, 1994 Fleetwood

Here are some of my cadillacs. The black one is a '98 STS, the diamond white is a '05 STS4 V8, and the dark blue one is a '05 SRX. There are also some pics of some of my collector cadillacs and others thrown in.
    Attached Images

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tedasaurus View Post
    Here are some of my cadillacs. The black one is a '98 STS, the diamond white is a '05 STS4 V8, and the dark blue one is a '05 SRX. There are also some pics of some of my collector cadillacs and others thrown in.

Wow. This is very much like what my own collection would look like.

I want.......no, I NEED the 1969 Brougham. One my best friends has a black one with a dark brown twill cloth interior. (I had a 1970 model once in my youth)

I also feel the 1980-85 Seville is an underappreciated sleeper. I thought, even at the time it was new, that it would end up being a sought-after style. Like the '59's became.

Is the Silver Spirit a LWB, Mulliner- Park Ward??

The XKE is indeed a thing of beauty.

Do you ever show any of these at local Concours?

tedasaurus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981 Fleetwood, 1994 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Wow. This is very much like what my own collection would look like.

I want.......no, I NEED the 1969 Brougham. One my best friends has a black one with a dark brown twill cloth interior. (I had a 1970 model once in my youth)

I also feel the 1980-85 Seville is an underappreciated sleeper. I thought, even at the time it was new, that it would end up being a sought-after style. Like the '59's became.

Is the Silver Spirit a LWB, Mulliner- Park Ward??

The XKE is indeed a thing of beauty.

Do you ever show any of these at local Concours?

The '81 Seville won first in its class at the '04 Cadillac Grand National. The '84 Rolls is a LWB Silver Spur. The E Type is a '74 with the automatic. The '60 Cadillac won first place in its class at the North Texas Cadillac Regionals. The '69 Brougham is for sale and is by far the best preserved example of that body style I have ever come across, and I look all the time. It is just incredible how free from age it is. For example here I have a pic of the engine bay on the link; this is all the original paint under the hood, on the radiator supports, fender liners, air cleaner, etc. Please see the link for pics of that Cadillac and more.

http://www.mcsmk8.com/69-FLWD/69-CAD.html

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 05STSWOW View Post
    I picked up my new 2008 STS 1SG a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it about a month before with everything including the Performance Handling Package (18" x 8.5" seven spoke wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport summer only tires, and Brembo brakes). but did not get the Driver Awareness Package. The dealer installed an E&G mesh grill and 35% tint. I traded my 2005 STS4 1SG with 62,500 miles.
    I didn't want AWD this time, especially because of the cost, lower gas mileage and the Gas Guzzler Tax. It hasn't snowed here the entire time I owned to '05. My daughter just moved to Chicago, so Summer visits only.
    I've found that the RWD is a much better handliing car and much more nimble. I loved the '05, but the '08 is even better. I am posting some pictures and have changed my avatar. How do I change my user name? It's out of date!
    Hi08STSwow,
    very nice looking car bur I´m wondering why you didn`t get the V!!!! The price diff. in the US from your 08 to the V isn`t very significant.
    How do you like the Brembos? I love them on my 07 export model, the V8 have them on starting from the 05 model here in Germany.

RWD is allways more fun then AWD

Harry

Harryctsv
    I would love to have an STS V, but two things stopped me: it's $15k more expensive and you can't get a red one.
    I love the Brembos so far. They are smoother and apparently much more powerful (too new to lay on them yet) than the performance brakes on the 1SG. I don't expect them to start with the horrible grinding noise the performance pads had on the regular 1SG.
    Does anyone have a handle on pad and rotor life compared to standard brakes? My '05 required pads twice and rotors once in 62,500 miles. It was probably close to due again when I traded.

Quote Originally Posted by 05STSWOW View Post
    Harryctsv
    I would love to have an STS V, but two things stopped me: it's $15k more expensive and you can't get a red one.
    I love the Brembos so far. They are smoother and apparently much more powerful (too new to lay on them yet) than the performance brakes on the 1SG. I don't expect them to start with the horrible grinding noise the performance pads had on the regular 1SG.
    Does anyone have a handle on pad and rotor life compared to standard brakes? My '05 required pads twice and rotors once in 62,500 miles. It was probably close to due again when I traded.
    08STSwow,
    no grinding noise from my brakes but I only have about 10K miles on mine. I usually need new brake pads on front all 30.000 km (about 18K miles) but I drive my STS or my XLR very fast on the Autobahn what makes the life shorter than your highway driving around 70 - 80 mph in the US. You should get around 30 - 40K miles out of the front pads.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by tedasaurus View Post
    tedasaurus,
    very nice collection

Your old black convertible looks fantastic!

Harry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.