Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Show us your STS!

786K views 2K replies 501 participants last post by  Pristine STS 4.6 
#1 · (Edited)
2005 and later STS, not Seville.

Let's see some pictures. Show off. :D

#704 ·
What's happening boys and girls!! Just picked myself one of these beauties, and couldn't be happier with it! Got and '05 with the full works package an only 58K on the dial. It's my first Cadillac, but if this is any indication of how fun they are to drive, it certainly won't be the last!

#722 ·
Hi All, I'm in the works to purchasing an 09 or 10 STS with a V8. This will be my first Cadillac and I'm really excited. It will be replacing an 01 Nissan Maxima that is a POS with all kinds of issues. I'm pretty sure that I'll get a black or dark grey color and try to get the most options possible. I'm not against going with an 08 but it seems that all the years are reliable. Any thoughts on the year to get? Thanks for all your time.
~BC

#723 ·
You probably could have done a new thread / topic for this.
From what I found when I was looking is that 08+ has a 6spd auto for all power train setups previous was 5spd auto. If you want to make sure yours is fully loaded look for RPO codes under the spare tire cover in the trunk.
Look for:
1SG this adds lots of stuff can't think of them all right off the top of my head right now.
F55 for the advanced continuously variable Magnetic Ride Control with selectable ride preference
W21 for platinum model
JE5 for upgraded brakes
J56 for the best brakes (Brembo brakes from STS-V) - otherwise look for 6 lug wheels, non V brakes have 5 lugs.
TT6 for HIDs or look to see if there is a small rectangular cut piece in the front bumper between the headlights and grill as these are the headlight washers and are only found on factory HID equipped cars.

Things you don't have to see a code to know:
Speakers in the top of the front seats = Bose 15 speaker 5.1 Studio surround system, should have a huge Navigation screen too with a 6 disc in dash DVD changer.
Look for a seat and fan symbol on the HVAC controls paired with the heated seat button to get ventilated seats.
Look for a window in the dash above the instrument cluster as this is your heads up display (HUD).
The HUD gives you adaptive cruise control and driver awareness package.
Driver awareness is cruise that adjusts your speed base on the traffic in front of you the resumes your original speed after they are out of the way / speed up to at least your speed. This puts an active front facing radar system in the grill to monitor what's in front of you. This also adds side blind zone detection system that uses side facing radar in rear bumper to detect cars to each side of you. This also adds a front facing camera into the windshield to monitor road lane lines to help keep you from departing your lane unintentionally.

I'm sure some others will pipe in with other things.
I don't know of any changes to function / reliability for any model years newer than 08.

In my opinion the only reason to get newer than 08 would be for better chance of lower miles and better chance of still being under factory bumper to bumper warranty.
Speaking of that, power train is a 5yr 100k miles, bumper to bumper is 4yr 40 or 50k? Miles.

This is a must for all Cadillacs:
Get some form of service contract / extended warranty / get it certified from Cadillac as that gives a nice warranty boost.

Take your time and find the one you want. Test drive both RWD an AWD models. DO NOT BUY THE V6 model of any year unless you like issues with timing chains as when they break you need a new motor.

#804 ·
#727 ·
They are 22" x 8.5 on 225/35. Had them on 30 series tires but it was too hard of a ride. With the 35 series I raised an inch from 3", which is cool because now I clear everything without a scrap and don't have to take an angle approach to everything I drive over. And yeah I guess each to their own because I get lots of complements and got all the cts's in town giving thumbs up and wanting to talk to me about the STS. Cts's are way too common around here so I like that its a little different and more sedan like, its my cruiser.

#732 ·
They flash slightly faster than normal. I don't mind tho. I think it actually draws a little more attention. Ive changed every single exterior bulb to LED except the headlights which are all HID.

Heres a couple pics of my custom dash with Ipad dock. Almost finished. I've since installed black carpet & console & finished installing the AC vents. Those pics are soon to follow.