Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Show us your STS!

786K views 2K replies 501 participants last post by  Pristine STS 4.6 
#1 · (Edited)
2005 and later STS, not Seville.

Let's see some pictures. Show off. :D

#35 ·

-- the old license plate. Ebony is what I named her... And Mens Rea was my high school nickname from my law teacher.

-- I add the chrome spinners because a bet i had with my boy, for $3000 that i could bring spinners back in my city. and i won, but he only paid me about $2,200 so far. i doubt i will be getting the rest. taking them off in a week or so. they are still on to cover one of the damaged rims.

--Co. Caines on the driver side door in chrome, Mens Rea on the passenger side door. **just to clarify, Caines is my last name and Co. Caines stands for Company Caines, my registered company. it has nothing to do with drugs.**

here is my 05 STS custom Badge with my name. sittin on 20's. soon to be 22 inch d'vinci ventos w/ black inserts. My Baby girl Ebony has limo tint on the back 2 passenger windows and on the rear window, and illegal 15% tint on the front 2 windows. I'm am getting the V style grill this week, and hopefully V style hood if i can find one.

also looking for any other visual mods i can add by next spring. looking into the ground effects, but cant find a place to buy them anywhere.

#51 ·
I picked up my new 2008 STS 1SG a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it about a month before with everything including the Performance Handling Package (18" x 8.5" seven spoke wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport summer only tires, and Brembo brakes). but did not get the Driver Awareness Package. The dealer installed an E&G mesh grill and 35% tint. I traded my 2005 STS4 1SG with 62,500 miles.
I didn't want AWD this time, especially because of the cost, lower gas mileage and the Gas Guzzler Tax. It hasn't snowed here the entire time I owned to '05. My daughter just moved to Chicago, so Summer visits only.
I've found that the RWD is a much better handliing car and much more nimble. I loved the '05, but the '08 is even better. I am posting some pictures and have changed my avatar. How do I change my user name? It's out of date!

Attachments

#57 ·
Hi08STSwow,
very nice looking car bur I´m wondering why you didn`t get the V!!!! The price diff. in the US from your 08 to the V isn`t very significant.
How do you like the Brembos? I love them on my 07 export model, the V8 have them on starting from the 05 model here in Germany.

RWD is allways more fun then AWD:thumbsup:

Harry

#53 ·
Yes, it is ebony Tuscany leather. My previous STS was Redline with the cashmere Tuscany leather and this combination is much more dramatic and it's UGA colors... Go Dawgs!
Next project is painting the Brembo calipers red. I would love to have the drilled rotors available from Cadillac, but at $375 per it ain't gonna happen.

#54 · (Edited)
Here are some of my cadillacs. The black one is a '98 STS, the diamond white is a '05 STS4 V8, and the dark blue one is a '05 SRX. There are also some pics of some of my collector cadillacs and others thrown in.

Attachments

#55 ·
Here are some of my cadillacs. The black one is a '98 STS, the diamond white is a '05 STS4 V8, and the dark blue one is a '05 SRX. There are also some pics of some of my collector cadillacs and others thrown in.

Wow. This is very much like what my own collection would look like.

I want.......no, I NEED the 1969 Brougham. One my best friends has a black one with a dark brown twill cloth interior. (I had a 1970 model once in my youth)

I also feel the 1980-85 Seville is an underappreciated sleeper. I thought, even at the time it was new, that it would end up being a sought-after style. Like the '59's became.

Is the Silver Spirit a LWB, Mulliner- Park Ward??

The XKE is indeed a thing of beauty.

Do you ever show any of these at local Concours?

#58 ·
Harryctsv
I would love to have an STS V, but two things stopped me: it's $15k more expensive and you can't get a red one.
I love the Brembos so far. They are smoother and apparently much more powerful (too new to lay on them yet) than the performance brakes on the 1SG. I don't expect them to start with the horrible grinding noise the performance pads had on the regular 1SG.
Does anyone have a handle on pad and rotor life compared to standard brakes? My '05 required pads twice and rotors once in 62,500 miles. It was probably close to due again when I traded.

#59 ·
Harryctsv
I would love to have an STS V, but two things stopped me: it's $15k more expensive and you can't get a red one.
I love the Brembos so far. They are smoother and apparently much more powerful (too new to lay on them yet) than the performance brakes on the 1SG. I don't expect them to start with the horrible grinding noise the performance pads had on the regular 1SG.
Does anyone have a handle on pad and rotor life compared to standard brakes? My '05 required pads twice and rotors once in 62,500 miles. It was probably close to due again when I traded.
08STSwow,
no grinding noise from my brakes but I only have about 10K miles on mine. I usually need new brake pads on front all 30.000 km (about 18K miles) but I drive my STS or my XLR very fast on the Autobahn what makes the life shorter than your highway driving around 70 - 80 mph in the US. You should get around 30 - 40K miles out of the front pads.

Harry