Show us your STS! - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree310Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Show us your STS! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by STE_6000 nice, tint that bad boy and you'll be all set! Tints and pinstripe are going to ...
    kevinscaddy01STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS4, 2001 STS, 97 STS, 92 SLS 4.9L

Re: Show us your STS!

Quote Originally Posted by STE_6000 View Post
    nice, tint that bad boy and you'll be all set!
    Tints and pinstripe are going to happen next week! ill post up pics of that too when it happens.

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

Quote Originally Posted by kevinscaddy01STS View Post
    Tints and pinstripe are going to happen next week! ill post up pics of that too when it happens.
    I think a white or silver pin strip similar to the stock one would be a nice accent. don't want to over do it to much with pin strips.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Here are some changes I made: spoiler, stainless rocker moldings, door handle covers, body color antenna, body side moldings with bright insert, trunk molding and relocated emblems, and bright interior trim like Platinum edition. Nothing major but needed something to brighten up the exterior.
    Attached Images

Ok, it was a pain in the ass, but I installed a Volant Cold Air Intake in my Caddy this weekend. It is damn mean now when you lay into it!!!!!!!

Problems I ran into? well the intake tube they provided was way to big, bend wise, for the car without taking some of the plastic housing where the fan was. I used the original tube which worked great and is as big as the volant tube, just not as bended. Over all it took a little effort and the outcome is one mean sounding caddy without any exhaust when you are at WOT.

The Volant CAI

Caddy Before Intake

Caddy After Intake

Caddy Video - Before and After Sounds

K STS is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8, 1999 Seville STS

Wow. I wonder what the change in exhaust tone would be?

Not sure, but it is a planned upgrade. So I'll let you know.

trackbait is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS - Grey/Black Northstar NAV

I bough Ruff (company) HID Kit, Gen 3 55W 10,000K lights.
    I got H3 for the fogs, and H11 for the low beams. There isn't a lot of room to work with on the low beams so getting high beams might be hard to do both. High beams are 9005 bulb. I hardly use my high beam a lot so i thought it was worthless to change them, but when you run them it is a huge difference in color and output, but again i barely use my high beam.

Here is a link to the ebay one I won. Though the price was $30 dollars cheaper, like a temp sale. Either way it is well worth the price. I had similar lights in my Buick LeSaber and my Mercury Capri convertiable. So I couldn't not have it. Click here for ebay link. If anyone has more questions or wants to hit me for taking the front bumper off on my own, let me know.

Oh ya, this might be a good time to get new bulbs in the headlight to. They are 192/194 wedge style bulb. Tried not to go over 2 led wedges, as anything bigger will most likely not fit. Normal wedge bulbs will look to yellow compared to the head lights. so get atleast xenon white style leds.

Yeah, hit me up with some photo documentation on your project of getting the bumper off and the install on the lows. Is the H11 the fac replacement style bulb for the lows? Are they plug and play or you have to modify the wiring harness any? On a C5 vette, I used the 9005's in my lows (after trimming off a small tab to make them fit like the 9006. There were some startup problems so had to use a relay system to get them to light up everytime. Huge difference though.

Anything you could offer on your DIY would be great.

As for the DIY on it, you need to take the bumper off, past that its cake walk. H11 is the standard low beam, 9005 is the high beam. You can get them off Sylvania for the bulb types. If you have any questions past that let me know.

Ok here is some before and 1 after with my Caddy's new exhaust system. Anyone that has a new caddy knows it won't rev past 4K in part so ya i'm gonna get an outside video of it in motion so you can hear it full out. I didn't take of the resonators cause I didnt want the interior sound to be loud, but that might still change. Not sure what the loose noise is in the exhuast video, it is not there in the real life hearing of it.

[ame=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=59060 029]Click here for my MySpace video of the car's exhaust.[/ame]

AllGoNShow is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac STS V6

Exhaust looks great!

For the Front bumper removal, any tips or things that may help us? I have 3 HID kits and a set of Wedge bulbs under my desk here at work, but don't want to take my bumper off if its a 2 hours to take off 2 hours to put on type thing as I need to replace it anyways and would rather drive around with my fogs on instead of waste a bunch of time. Any estimates as to time wise for bumper removal? Tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Since i never did a Cadillac like this before. It took me like 5-6 hours on a lift. I know laugh it up, im not that mechanically gifted haha. Anyway I didn't do high beams, granted with some work you could find room, there isn't much to fit both high and low beams. So i'd run with lows and fogs only. yes the wedge bulb is 192/194 style. I hide the low beam amp under the light itself, and I tucked the fog lights behind the metal frame by drilling some small holes to mount them.

STS28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8

STE600, sounds great, but do you think its too loud inside or is that the sound youre going for. im thinking of getting the CAI, but i dont want too much. I have a Flowmaster 50series system on my ride now, with a K&N Filter and it sounds great. I just dont want too much, considering it sounds pretty throaty now. What do you think?

trackbait is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS - Grey/Black Northstar NAV

Ok here is some before and 1 after with my Caddy's new exhaust system. Anyone that has a new caddy knows it won't rev past 4K in part so ya i'm gonna get an outside video of it in motion so you can hear it full out. I didn't take of the resonators cause I didnt want the interior sound to be loud, but that might still change. Not sure what the loose noise is in the exhuast video, it is not there in the real life hearing of it.

What year is your STS? That looks like an 08? Did you have to modify the rear hangers for it to fit? My kit was Pt# 14157 (for 05-07) and took a chance to see what the difference was. I had to weld new hangers for the rear mount. The hangers in the kit were to short. Also, it looks like you did some welding on the exhaust pipe or added an extension or something on the inlet side?
    Modified to fit the 08.

I DO love the sound now. Even the idle has a very nice low rumble to it, but hardly any resonance inside. I too need to hang a mic out the trunk for sound outside. It's just not even close to what you hear in a highly insulated cabin.

Mine is a 2005, believe it or not but it was a straight bolt up.

mikey1026 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

JOEL 4779
    I LOVE your grille! where did you get it? what is it called? i am new to this site and a new owner of my 07 white sts RWD NORTHSTAR

could use your feedback wisely

thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.