Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ACC has never worked!

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  GT! 
#1 ·
We purchased a 2015 SRX from the dealer in March 2015. The ACC has never worked...keep getting message "Adaptive Cruise Temporarily Unavailable"...we've taked it back to the dealer for service, they thought it was a sensor and replaced it...wasn't the sensor. I have tried talking to our Cadillac Ambassador to no avail...I've emailed Cadillac who tells me the system is working exactly as it was designed to...I guess it was designed to never work!! We regret purchasing this Cadillac....paid Cadillac price and received a Honda....All we want is for the cruise to work!!! Any suggestions????

#2 ·
My 2013 Performance had a problem with the ACC never working (since I bought the car in 2015). I'm sure my poor technician was ready to take a sledgehammer to the front bumper. It stumped him for days. Finally he deduced that the front bumper needed to be removed and repositioned, then relearn both the long range sensor and the front camera module afterward. Also several modules and software updates were needed. The tech comment on the invoice is listed as 6421400? (This is probably tech talk for #! $@.) If your tech has questions, Capital Cadillac Atlanta is who fixed mine.

#4 ·
We purchased a 2015 SRX from the dealer in March 2015. The ACC has never worked...keep getting message "Adaptive Cruise Temporarily Unavailable"...we've taked it back to the dealer for service, they thought it was a sensor and replaced it...wasn't the sensor. I have tried talking to our Cadillac Ambassador to no avail...I've emailed Cadillac who tells me the system is working exactly as it was designed to...I guess it was designed to never work!! We regret purchasing this Cadillac....paid Cadillac price and received a Honda....All we want is for the cruise to work!!! Any suggestions????
LOL!

My new 2016 Honda CR-V Touring has ACC and it's working flawlessly!

#5 · (Edited)
This post is weak for several reasons. Of course the ACC is supposed to work, that line of reasoning is absurd.

If the dealer thought they fixed it and you didn't, why didn't you drop the car off and tell them to call you when it works? And if they claim it's repaired, and you don't agree, why not have them prove otherwise?

Have you taken a test drive with the Service manager to show him your concern after his department claimed it was repaired? If not, you need to complain to him, not here. You've owned a vehicle for nearly a year and it came this way? This should have been dealt with long before now.

You've emailed Cadillac? What's that supposed to mean? It's a big company; contacting anyone other than your dealer means they'll look up your service history, and note the "Repaired" status on the report. Again, pick up a phone and call the Service Manager, or better yet, have him demo the supposedly repaired function in person, especially to eliminate any chance of operator error.

Your ACC is either fixed or it isn't; end of story. Every Service Department has the ability to contact GM's Technical Assistance Center for a subject matter expert to guide them through the repair process when they encounter a problem they can't solve using conventional troubleshooting methodology. The ACC system isn't that hard to troubleshoot. Something in your story just doesn't add up.

CCC

#9 ·
Sounds awfully far fetched, doesn't it.....The dealer is aware of it and as of last week when I spoke with the Service Mgr, there was still no fix. My car is not the only one with this issue...apparently there are more in our area. I've emailed GM Canada, Cadillac and phoned and spoke with an Ambassador....believe me....I am telling the truth and have copies of emails proving I am not lying. I am sooo disappointed!!!! I can refer you to the service Mgr at my dealership....

----------

I've emailed gmclsocialcare@cc.gm.ca, phoned customer care at 1-800-263-3777 and spoke with our Ambassador Patricia...THERE IS NO FIX!!!!!! I've been in contact with the service manager (last time was last Thursday) who tells me that "they are still working on the problem"....I am telling the truth!

----------

Please...any suggestions on who to phone or email? I really like the car other than the ACC not working!

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
I'm not sure I'm buying this but I'll play the game.

The technology behind ACC is not unique to the SRX, Cadillac or GM. It's from Mobileye(NYSE: MBLY) and is used by many car companies. It's been around for a few years and works well. I have it on my 2014 CTS

If yours doesn't work and can't be fixed, it's because your dealer has no clue as to what's wrong and doesn't wish to bother contacting GM Tech assistance for help. Try another dealer. I realize where you appear to be it's not that easy to get to Prince George or Edmonton but both have dealers so whichever one you're going to then give the other one a shot.

Bill

#14 ·
If yours doesn't work and can't be fixed, it's because your dealer has no clue as to what's wrong and doesn't wish to bother contacting GM Tech assistance for help. Try another dealer.

I agree with this statement. I had to switch dealerships to get mine resolved. First dealer kept me in the waiting room for 5 hours, sent me home with my unrepaired vehicle, and told me to reschedule. They were going to charge me for all sorts of exploratory stuff on the next appointment. I instead found another dealer that repaired the problem under the warranty. They are so worth the extra drive!

#15 · (Edited)
"Sounds awfully far fetched, doesn't it.....The dealer is aware of it and as of last week when I spoke with the Service Mgr, there was still no fix. My car is not the only one with this issue...apparently there are more in our area. I've emailed GM Canada, Cadillac and phoned and spoke with an Ambassador....believe me....I am telling the truth and have copies of emails proving I am not lying. I am sooo disappointed!!!! I can refer you to the service Mgr at my dealership...."

You've changed your story from the original post. . . You stated Cadillac (whomever that is) said the system was working and made it sound like it was your word against theirs. Now you're saying the dealership acknowledges the problem but says there's no fix.

I still don't buy this. The ACC system isn't that complex. If the modules are working and talking and the transmitter/receiver sensor is mechanically aligned it, should work. Other than the sensor, has anything else been changed?

Which story is the truth?

CCC

#20 ·
I don't have ACC in my 2014, but when my cruise control is on and I approach another vehicle and my TOO CLOSE warning light comes on the dashboard, my cruise control disengages as it should.

I wouldn't leave the dealer UNTIL the issue is fixed; otherwise; Shame on YOU!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.