[FIX] Leaking Headlights! (Water, Condensation, Moisture, etc) - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, [FIX] Leaking Headlights! (Water, Condensation, Moisture, etc) in Cadillac SRX Forums; I had both headlights replaced under warranty prior to the warranty expiration....
    BlackDeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Re: 2010 SRX Headlight Issue. Moisture in the unit and headlight has failed

I had both headlights replaced under warranty prior to the warranty expiration.

mikelaneysrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Head lamp condensation and water penetration

When was the original recall for the moisture problem in 2010 Cadillac SRX headlamp assembly issued. Both of mine have condensation in them.
    Are dealers still fixing this problem under warranty? I am past the 50,000 mile warranty.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by mikelaneysrx View Post
    When was the original recall for the moisture problem in 2010 Cadillac SRX headlamp assembly issued. Both of mine have condensation in them.
    Are dealers still fixing this problem under warranty? I am past the 50,000 mile warranty.
    There has not been a recall. Depends on the mood of the service department as to warranty fix. I'd say your out of luck past 50,000 miles but worst they can do is say no.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

dallyalley is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the D'Elegance package on the SRX. I'm not sure what that means for the expense of my headlights. Is that why it was so expensive to have mine replaced? I have been redirected a few times for various parts due to this so called upgrade. If anyone knows, please let me know as I have a few more things that need repairing.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by dallyalley View Post
    I have the D'Elegance package on the SRX. I'm not sure what that means for the expense of my headlights. Is that why it was so expensive to have mine replaced? I have been redirected a few times for various parts due to this so called upgrade. If anyone knows, please let me know as I have a few more things that need repairing.
    Can you enlighten us on this D'Elegance package? First I've heard of it for the 2010-2014 SRX.

The normal SRX comes with either standard halogen headlamps on base and Luxury versions or the HID high intensity discharge headlamps on the Performance and Premium trims.
    The HID lamps have a motorized beam that moves as the car turns and elevates. This is why those particular lights are so expensive to replace if the whole headlamp needs replaced.

dallyalley is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It has a special silver trim etc and I think the seats might have an upgrade but I don't know what to compare it with on other similar cars lol so I don't know what mine has that yours doesn't have...(if you know what I mean) If you message me, I can email a few photos.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Sounds like a dealer add on pin stripe ect not a factory option
    Quote Originally Posted by dallyalley View Post
    It has a special silver trim etc and I think the seats might have an upgrade but I don't know what to compare it with on other similar cars lol so I don't know what mine has that yours doesn't have...(if you know what I mean) If you message me, I can email a few photos.
    TheCaptain likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by mikelaneysrx View Post
    Hi mikelaneysrx,

I can understand how it would be frustrating to deal with condensation in the headlights of your SRX. If you would like to explore your options with the dealership, I can reach out to them on your behalf. Please PM me if you would be interested.

Enjoy your night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

seedmanfl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

Is there any way to dry it out?

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

I recall reading on another forum people sending out their headlights to get "blacked out". They would mail out their headlight assemblies and the guy would heat them up (to soften the glue that holds the lens on to the backing), paint them, and then re-glue them together(supposedly airtight). You may want to google "how to open and paint headlights". Lots of youtube videos. Here is one of many: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnT9ci8i5Pk

You may want to try it yourself if your contemplating replacing the headlight anyway. Or if you have a second vehicle you may find someone to do it for you. Good luck.

ccampagna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

OK, here is an update on my situation...It has been dry around here for a couple of weeks and now all of a sudden, all lights working again Does anybody have any ideas on how to keep the lights on and dry so next time we have a downpour I won't be in the dark again?

Thanks.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic

You can pop the headlight casing out, and use some high grade silicone to go all the way around the outside seal of the casing. That should do it.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Son of a Gun Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

bozowing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Had both replaced on 2010 under warranty, facts speak louder than any BS there are flaws in quality...so much for luxury brand.
    stevec5375 likes this.

don2545 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

Don't feel bad, my 2004 XLR had the same problem. $2000 later, the dealer was happy to fix it and wash my clean car as an added bonus.

dan87951 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Too many cars to list...

I feel your pain. We bought our CTS new in 2010 and the thing started failing part right before the warranty ended. We had leaky head light lenses, failing transmission lines (leaky), failed wiring harness for gas tank, and we were on our 3rd radiator by 55k miles. Obviously we dumped the shit box. Never again will we buy Cadillac. We have always bought Japanese in the past and will continue to do so but the wife had to have a CTS back than. I warned her about GM quality and now she knows.
    stevec5375 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.