Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ADVICE needed: Keyless entry not working

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MI-SRX 
#1 ·
I just purchased a new 2014 SRX standard edition for my parents. Evidently, the key fob is not being detected in our pockets and the car doors do not unlock as we approach the car. We must take the key fob and push the "unlock" button each time. I am wondering if the 'standard edition' does not offer this feature. I would find this odd since the key fob is not needed to start the car. I tried changing the settings in the CUE info system, but nothing seems to work.

I have a 2013 Cadillac CTS luxury edition and haven't had any problem with the keyless entry automatically unlocking the doors for me.

Can someone give me some advice on this?

Thank you

#2 ·
My interpretation of the 2014 online manual is that the behavior you describe is not possible on any trim level. The online 2014 manual states, on p. 5-44:

Passive Door Unlock
This allows the selection of what doors will unlock when using the button on the driver door to unlock the vehicle.
Select All Doors or Driver Door.

I currently have a 2013 Premium which behaves the same way. My Personalization settings are that when I press the button on the driver door, only the driver door unlocks. Apart from the Personalization settings, if I press the button on any other door, all doors unlock.

I had a 2012 Premium, which didn't have the button, but did have a sensor on the "thumb" area of the handle. However, it would not unlock upon approaching the vehicle. Instead, it would wait until I pulled on the handle & would unlock if the fob was in my pocket.

#3 ·
...Passive Door Unlock
This allows the selection of what doors will unlock when using the button on the driver door to unlock the vehicle.
Select All Doors or Driver Door.

I currently have a 2013 Premium which behaves the same way. My Personalization settings are that when I press the button on the driver door, only the driver door unlocks. Apart from the Personalization settings, if I press the button on any other door, all doors unlock.....
This is also how the '14 works. It will not unlock just by approaching the vehicle. I've not found it necessary to take the fob out of my pocket, just make sure it's within 3 or 4 feet of the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.