Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Why not....

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  retcad 
#1 ·
Maybe its a slow day, but I am just so curious...
I read several of these posts from people who say they "cant wait to get rid" of their car... What is holding you back?
I'm not trying to start a flame war, but to me, "I cant wait" means I am doing everything I can to get it moving.
I cant wait to drive an ELR, so I am calling dealers, but I recognize that I cant always afford what they are offering. So, either I find another dealer, or give up, but if I cant wait, that means I am trying pretty damn hard.... I'm not sitting around waiting for dealers to call me. And if I cant afford it, I am not blaming them for not taking a loss to hand one over to me.
At some point, dont you just say "this isnt worth my time"? Maybe you are waiting for a certain trade-in value, but those go DOWN every month!
I am genuinely curious, why its worth the torture... I dont consider myself that egotistical, but I do prefer for people to believe how happy I am, rather than thinking I am terminally pi$$ed off...

#2 · (Edited)
I read several of these posts from people who say they "cant wait to get rid" of their car... What is holding you back? ...
I am genuinely curious, why its worth the torture...
My take is those people just like to complain. Don't know the reason why - maybe it's a matter of misery loves company and they're trying to make everyone else unhappy as well.

Every car forum I've participated in has had a very small vocal minority that follow this same pattern. Once was on a Subaru forum that had one member that continually complained about their vehicle and 'couldn't wait' to get rid of it and get a Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi. Finally bought the Jeep and came back to the Subaru forum complaining about the terrible gas mileage they were getting with the Jeep. :bonkers:

Some people are not happy unless they're unhappy, others would rather complain than change. :hmm:

#3 ·
Some folks are apparently too lazy to fix whats wrong in their lives. Fine, keep that drama to themselves. But do they really need to come online and "pile-on" every thread about some small issue someone else is having with their car to express how disatisfied they are for reasons not even associated to the issue that is the topic of the thread?? REALLY?

#4 ·
Maybe its a schadenfreude thing...deriving pleasure or enjoyment from the misfortune of others. And in this case, helping others to look for and find misfortune or troubles they didn't even know they had.

I'll feel better about my troubles and problems if you have troubles, too, or if you have even bigger troubles and problems.

#8 ·
While I'm sure there are those who love to whine just for the sake of it or those who are never satisfied, I feel that many of the complaints are due to frustration after paying big bucks for a car that has never ceasing problems. There are a few that have taken the time to list a chronology of breakdowns, dealer visits, out of pocket expenses, etc. Some may seem minor (liftgate issues, CUE/Nav and radio problems, chrome falling off, et.al. But when it's your car and it's just a few years old or less, I can't blame them, especially when the old bomb they got rid of prior to the SRX never had such issues.

I've found the forum very helpful in answering questions. As far as 'can't wait to get rid of it', there can be many reasons why unloading a car you're unhappy with just aren't do-able, at least for the forseeable future.

Fortunately, my 2010 has been relatively problem free.

I hope it stays that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.