2014 SRX squeeky suspension, poor AM and finicky side mirrors!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2014 SRX squeeky suspension, poor AM and finicky side mirrors!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; My 4 month old SRX has developed a squeek/creak from what sounds like the suspension of the vehicle. When going ...
    hothummer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2014 SRX squeeky suspension, poor AM and finicky side mirrors!!

My 4 month old SRX has developed a squeek/creak from what sounds like the suspension of the vehicle. When going over any sort of bump, there is an annoying sound from somewhere under the car.

When I take it in for an oil change, can I ask them to grease/lube any of the suspension parts that could be the culprit? I hate when they return the car and say "can't replicate problem"

Also, anyone else have piss poor AM reception on their CUE? I have horrible static (I am in Toronto so no in the middle of nowhere!).. I had the dealer look at it last time and the work order says they replaced some sort of booster antennae however it is no better than before.

Third issue.. anyone else notice that their side mirrors don't always come back to the proper position after being folded in? I find that about 50% of the time after being parked with my mirrors folded, upon unfolding, they are in the "downward tilting" position.. I read that there is a TSB for 2013 SRXs where they upgrade the software but nothing for 2014s..

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

Re: 2014 SRX squeeky suspension, poor AM and finicky side mirrors!!

If the car is a 4 month old 2014, I think I'd have it back at the dealer trying to find out what the problem is!
    TheCaptain likes this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The dealer would be keeping it until the issues are resolved.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

I also can't imagine that you had to have an oil change that quick unless you put a whole lot of miles on it.

hothummer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I only have 5,000 km on it so nowhere near ready for an oil change... don't want to go back just for this but the squeaking in really annoying!

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by hothummer
    I only have 5,000 km on it so nowhere near ready for an oil change... don't want to go back just for this but the squeaking in really annoying!
    I would wait myself. I just compile a list of problems for my service visit, especially on a new vehicle.

Huey Driver is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

I'd bet a months pay there are no grease fittings on the car. Thats one of the reasons why bearings arent lasting like they used to. People dont want to deal with grease anymore, so they are all sealed bearings. Although, I am sure you would be able to find someone who would charge you $100 to grease the chassis... Probably just involves rubbing some grease on the frame and verifying no fittings....
    Its a trade; sealed bearings for less maintenance. Most owners prefer less maintenance... Its like "tune-ups"... Anyone that pays for a 'tune-up' is being sold a bill of goods....

I mis read your post, I thought you said that you already had an oil change.

slalom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by hothummer View Post
    Also, anyone else have piss poor AM reception on their CUE? I have horrible static (I am in Toronto so no in the middle of nowhere!).. I had the dealer look at it last time and the work order says they replaced some sort of booster antennae however it is no better than before.
    Thanks
    I've had my 2014 for a total of one week so probably don't have the most in-depth experience to share, but my AM reception in Richmond Hill has been fine. I haven't ventured downtown, but in the past with other vehicles have had problems in and around the financial district.

SRG963 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX LUX

If they return the car and say "can't replicate problem", ask for the shop manager, and take him/her on a ride to show them the issue. I've had to take more service tech for rides than I can count....not just GM vehicles either.

As far as the suspension noise, I've got a mean popping/thunk from my 2010 which I get at every take off, dealership said it's normal..I was like WTF? They designed this 50k vehicle with a pop? Can't wait to trade it in at the end of the year....
    TheCaptain likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by hothummer View Post
    My 4 month old SRX has developed a squeek/creak from what sounds like the suspension of the vehicle. When going over any sort of bump, there is an annoying sound from somewhere under the car.

When I take it in for an oil change, can I ask them to grease/lube any of the suspension parts that could be the culprit? I hate when they return the car and say "can't replicate problem"

Third issue.. anyone else notice that their side mirrors don't always come back to the proper position after being folded in? I find that about 50% of the time after being parked with my mirrors folded, upon unfolding, they are in the "downward tilting" position.. I read that there is a TSB for 2013 SRXs where they upgrade the software but nothing for 2014s..

Thanks
    Hello hothummer,

I am very sorry that you’re experiencing these concerns with your new SRX. I know you’re reaching out to the forum for some advice, but should you feel you need additional assistance with any of these questions you can always reach out to GM of Canada by phone at 800-263-3777 or by visiting http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview. I hope you find this information helpful.

Enjoy your night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

What's an "AM" radio?

Seriously, of all the technologies used in cars these days, AM radio has got to be the most ancient (OK, maybe its younger than electric starters). Turntables, 8-tracks, cassettes, CB radios and even CDs (in many models) have come and gone as automotive entertainment devices, yet AM radio persists. It is by far the worst way to transmit audio with its inherent susceptability to interferrence (static) from just about anything electrical nearby and lousy frequency response / fidelity. I'm convinced that the only reason AM is included in ANY radio receiver (automotive or otherwise) is because it costs practically nothing to include hardware wise (an AM receiver can be made from a coil of wire and a diode, fer cryin' out loud). The ~1MHz bandwith AM uses in the RF spectrum is worthless for about anything else, so there is no threat to it from the FCC or any other commercial uses (unlike like the spectrum used by NTSC SD-TV transmission channels that was traded off for cellular use back in '09). I think the last time I listened to AM was to hear a Pacers basketball game while away from home.
    slalom likes this.

slalom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Agree with everything you say....BUT....there is some quality content, particularly talk radio, news, and sports that in some markets is still best available on AM. This would include Toronto where 680News, Newstalk1010, and Sportsnet1050 among others have unique content not available through FM or XM. They can be accessed over-the-web on a smartphone, and the sound quality is much better, but data charges are incurred.
    allgm likes this.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

We have a few AM stations worth listening to. I don't know why you knock AM. Content is there if you want it. AM radio on my 2013 XTS is excellent. It has digital reception which the main AM station I listen to, has. AM and FM radio reception on my radio and my wife's SRX also a 2013 is great. My recommendation is that next time you are at the dealership take a test drive in one of their new cars and see how the radio works.

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpaletz View Post
    I don't know why you knock AM.
    Not so much as "knocking" AM in general as much as making a social commentary on how such an ancient (and technologically inferior) tech continues to live on in modern vehicles while many others have come and gone (and my commentary is aimed at the standard analog AM, not the newer HD-digital AM stations being broadcast in some places.......we have only 2 HD stations in our area, one FM and one AM).

AM broadcasting dates back to the 1920s (the tech was developed during the prior two decades), while modern FM broadcasting started in in 1945 (tech developed in the '30s) while electronic TV was standardized in the US in 1941 (tech developed during the '20s and '30s w/ various competing approaches). While both FM and TV have evolved over the years (stereo FM, color TV and most recently HDTV), AM, until very recently w/ the adoptation of HD-AM broadcasts around 2010, has gone pretty much un-developed in terms of enhancements that improve the quality of the transmitted sound (it's weakest attribute). Yes, stereo AM was played with since the '80s, but its adoptation has been very limited and the technique for transmitting 2-channels of audio in the AM band has been essentially re-purposed for HD (digital) radio (a good trade IMO). Look at cellular phones, the older "analog" cell phone bands have been converted to digital use, killing off the analog version within a decade of its inception. My 2000 Lincoln LS came w/ a analog cell phone from the factory built into the console, by 2004 it was worthless. Talk about short-lived tech!

I guess I'm just giving AM a pat on the back for its staying power in the face of much better tech that has evolved (and in many cases gone extinct) within its lifespan.

{/offtopic}

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.