2011 SRX Battery & Charging System Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 SRX Battery & Charging System Issues in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello all. I cruised the forums but could not find anything on the specific problem I am having. Here it ...
    148EMERALD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

2011 SRX Battery & Charging System Issues

Hello all. I cruised the forums but could not find anything on the specific problem I am having. Here it is:

2011 SRX found dead in the parking lot Monday night. It was throwing up some weird messages on the DIC like service stabilitrac, windshield wipers would cycle when I hit the ignition button etc. Had roadside come out and the battery was down around 10V. We charged it and I got it home to have the battery die again. I just replaced it and the car now has enough juice to recognize the remote and turn on DIC but no luck getting the engine to start. Battery voltage is reading 12V and the message service battery charging system along with sundry other random (roll up window) error messages in DIC. Any ideas on what could be the root cause?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

Re: 2011 SRX Battery & Charging System Issues

Failed battery.

Max

Hey Max. Thank you for the info. The battery currently in the vehicle is new from a local Autozone. It's possible it was just a lemon and I need another but I looked it up online and the rated voltage for the new battery is 12 volts. The DIC reads 12.2 when I look at battery volts so it's at its rated output. I could be wrong but I thought the truck ran at 14 volts. I couldn't locate specs for the old battery online but it is discontinued and info is hard to come by. Am I crazy to think it could be the battery is just wrong for the car? It is behaving as it did when the old battery was low on juice.

My current plan is this: Replace the new battery with the old, get a jump, read the idling voltage, take it to another shop and have them replace it to save myself the trouble of coming home with another battery to not have the truck turn over.

Lilracr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

If the battery is bad and will not charge, the vehicle charging system may recognize the battery at full charge and the regulator reduces amperage and voltage.

You can run a pull down test on the old battery to test it. If it passes then I would think it is a vehicle charging issue.

Lilracr, thank you for the input. Do you mean that the new battery is bad? I am pretty sure the old one was in fact dead (still have and will test), but I can't figure out why the new one is being rejected. Tried cleaning terminals and cables, replacing positive cable, and giving it a jump today. No luck, still charging system message. I also read online that if you hear the solenoid give only a single click it could be a starter/solenoid issue. Thoughts? Thanks again for input everybody.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.