2010 SRX - Worst Car Ever?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX - Worst Car Ever? in Cadillac SRX Forums; My 2010 SRX has to be one of the worst Cadillac's ever built. I have already had 3 navigation systems ...
    MG14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2010 SRX - Worst Car Ever?

My 2010 SRX has to be one of the worst Cadillac's ever built. I have already had 3 navigation systems (Memory constantly failed), a new dash instrument cluster (was damaged from factory), a new driveshaft, sunroof drain leaked, hydraulic trunk strut had to be replaced, 2 catalytic converter banks replaced, cam shaft activators replaced, rear end piston replaced along with more sensor failures than I care to list.
    Today the check engine light is on again and the low oil pressure warning came on. Happy 4th Of July.

Anyone else have these kind of problems? Or did I buy the worst SRX ever?
    stevec5375 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

Re: 2010 SRX - Worst Car Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
    My 2010 SRX has to be one of the worst Cadillac's ever built. I have already had 3 navigation systems (Memory constantly failed), a new dash instrument cluster (was damaged from factory), a new driveshaft, sunroof drain leaked, hydraulic trunk strut had to be replaced, 2 catalytic converter banks replaced, cam shaft activators replaced, rear end piston replaced along with more sensor failures than I care to list.
    Today the check engine light is on again and the low oil pressure warning came on. Happy 4th Of July.

Anyone else have these kind of problems? Or did I buy the worst SRX ever?
    Yes, you bought the worst SRX ever ;>)

No, never buy the first year of a totally new design. It always takes the manufacturer a few running changes to get the bugs out they should have caught in testing. (The sunroof leak is common and should never have happened.)

Maybe, just cut your losses and trade it for something else; like a Mercedes which will have even more electrical gremlins. Several who paid $100K for their Merc have had some real disappointments. One such of my acquaintance traded his at a huge depreciation loss after only six months of constant problems. At least your Cad is/was a relatively inexpensive car.

jack vines

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Worst car ever? Not even close. Ask a Land Rover owner.
    TheCaptain and SRXyz like this.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I had a friend that just bought his brand new LR. I asked if he had the service department's # on speed dial. He razzed me a bit, and I was like. 'We'll see!'.
    Three months later, he had it traded in for something else. He also didn't want to talk about Land Rovers any more...
    srxycaddy likes this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I've had my 2013 Lincoln MKT bought CPO for 6 months. It was a Ford Company car and has 26,000 miles. Here is a list of everything that has been fixed or still needs fixed:

2 black door appliques coming loose - replaced
    rocker end caps in front of the rear wheels 1 loose and 1 missing - replaced
    squeaking liftgate arm - lubed at first then replaced

Paint on 2 wheels peeling off - dealer has ordered new 2 new wheels but making me pay $100 CPO deductible. I won't fight too hard but s/b btb warranty
    Hood not aligned properly - will show dealer
    Fender not aligned properly - will show dealer
    I complained about a bad thunder type noise from front - Power transfer unit replaced due to worn shaft but noise persists
    Exhaust drone at idle - exhaust replaced
    Windshield washers don't work at random times - will tell dealer but this is totally random
    Driver side view mirror vibrates on highway - dealer thought PTU was causing this but obviously did not fix it.
    Power liftgate not opening - must turn off the system and open manually. There is no outside handle so must jam my fingers underneath to pry open - will show dealer.

Keep in mine this vehicle is only 2 years old (manufactured on 6/25/12). This is way more problems than I have had with my 07 Avalanche, 12 SRX, 05 Dakota, and 99 Grand Prix combined. Me and the service advisors are becoming close friends. If I can not get the rumbling/resonant boom issue fixed I will be forced to get rid of it as this is our highway/distance traveler. I am hoping between the hood alignment, possibly adjusting the liftgate out per recommendation from a Ford insider and what I believe is a bad front bearing (can hear a grinding noise when turning at low speed), the highway booming noise can be fixed. This is supposed to be a very quiet ride.

Similar experience with my old 1997 Ford "EXPLODER"

Under extended powertrain warranty:

-Replace engine at 40,000 miles (ENTIRE engine). Broken timing chain while driving on the hwy at 65 mph.
    -2 "GEM" modules (general electronics module) Essentially the brains of the car. 30,00 and 55,000 miles.
    -Replace the entire transmission (Ford rebuilt unit) at 60,000 miles
    -Rebuild rear differential @ 65,000 miles
    -Replace rusted running boards

Out of pocket:

-Rebuild the transfer case $1,500 at 82,000 miles
    -Power door locks quit working shortly after BTB expired.
    -Pitting on chrome rims

MAJOR ISSUES. Were not talking loose trim pieces or gadgets. All major powertrain components replaced before 90,000 miles.

Of course, 1st model year for that engine and transmission. Lesson learned the hard way.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

My whole GM "experience" with the 2010 SRX makes me want to buy a Honda. A whole lot less money and a huge reliability factor. The Cadillac brand has gone down the toilet in my book.

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

I love seeing your first post is a total attack on the SRX as a whole. I have a 10 SRX and I've had very little problem with it overall. As you can see, I've been around a while and I had a first generation SRX before this one.
    TheCaptain and seedmanfl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    My whole GM "experience" with the 2010 SRX makes me want to buy a Honda. A whole lot less money and a huge reliability factor.
    No argument there. Hard to beat reliability on Honda and Toyota products. I've owned 1 of each and they were some of the most trouble free vehicles I've ever owned/driven........ as long as you like driving an appliance..... booooooring!
    TheCaptain likes this.

harrynw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I have had my 2010 for 2 years now, and it has been a good car. The nicest I have owned.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I have had my 2010 for 4 years. Only problem was the radio nav Washington DC . Replaced under warranty. Waiting for the 3rd generation .

DarrinMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I have owned a 2010 FWD SRX and a 2012 AWD SRX and the only problem I had was the trim falling off the 2010. My 2010 was one of the very early ones, I ordered it in the Summer of 2009. I would still own the 2010 if a tough Winter didn't force me to switch to All Wheel Drive. Do some people have problems with their SRX? Yes they do. Do some Toyota and Honda owners have problems with their vehicles? Yes they do. If your car is giving you nothing but headaches trade it in for something else when you can. Life is too short to deal with a troubled car.
    seedmanfl likes this.

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Quote Originally Posted by srxycaddy View Post
    No argument there. Hard to beat reliability on Honda and Toyota products. I've owned 1 of each and they were some of the most trouble free vehicles I've ever owned/driven........ as long as you like driving an appliance..... booooooring!
    I wouldn't say boring, just not exciting. Then the SRX isn't really 'exciting' either - but more so than a Highlander (I've had 2 of them).

It also depends on which Honda/Toyota. I've owned 3 Celicas over the years (1 base, 1 GT and 1 GTS) and they were NOT boring, but none of them were as exciting as the Triumph GT6-MkIII I once had.

The Triumph was absolutely the most fun car I've owned, and the most exiciting part was whether or not it would start on any given day. The starter motor was mounted way down low in the engine compartment and totally exposed. The cable would corrode so bad the starter wouldn't even 'click' much less turn the engine over (it's real 'exciting' to clean that when it's below freezing and snowing and you're late for work). It also had 2 single barrel side-draft carbs on a split manifold that would not hold a setting no matter what and required tuning at least every other week. It was like a second job to keep it running good. Fun and exciting?...Yes, would I have another one?... not a chance.

Insofar as reliability is concerned all 5 of my Toyotas, my 1 Honda and my wife's current Honda have all been tanks - not one of them has ever failed to start and get us where we wanted to go (flat tires excluded). One of mine was an '02 Highlander, daily driver, with a 9 year old battery that I finally changed because I figured it was on borrowed time. Drove that one for about 130K miles and spent $0 on repairs, that's kind of exciting.

All this begs the question 'Why am I driving an SRX now?' - Answer: Without a doubt the best looking, sexiest sheet metal on the road today in a CUV/SUV and I've wanted one since the Gen 2 came out. Also has some pretty neat technology - adaptive suspension, eLSD, DI, adaptive HIDs, etc. How long will I own it?... At least 4 years/50K miles (whichever comes first). If it's good to me I may keep it or buy another, if not I'll probably be looking at a Lexus - as you get older reliability can be exciting too.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarrinMI View Post
    ... If your car is giving you nothing but headaches trade it in for something else when you can. Life is too short to deal with a troubled car.
    +1

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

Let's see, cars like Corvair, Pinto, K-Cars come to mind way before a 10 SRX. And I had a Audi once that totally convinced me the word Audi meant "broken" in German.

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Quote Originally Posted by jrose7004 View Post
    Let's see, cars like Corvair, Pinto, K-Cars come to mind way before a 10 SRX. And I had a Audi once that totally convinced me the Audi meant "broken" in German.
    Chevy Vega... (but in all honesty I can't say it was trouble prone, it was such a misery to drive that I got rid of it before anything could break).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.