2010 srx battery agm or not to agm
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 srx battery agm or not to agm in Cadillac SRX Forums; Looking to replace 4yr. Old battery. Doing some research I found the following will fit. Note: , if properly maintained, ...
    Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

Cool 2010 srx battery agm or not to agm

Looking to replace 4yr. Old battery. Doing some research I found the following will fit.
    Note: , if properly maintained, a wet battery will last just about as long as an AGM battery. BUT, very few people actually do the proper maintenance. Because AGM batteries are valve-regulated, have a slower self-discharge rate, recharg faster, etc, etc, they are more resilient than wet batteries and therefore, in real world use DO last much longer than wet batteries.

My 1st choice:
    ACDelco 48AGM Professional Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Battery by ACDelco
    List Price: $250.51
    Price: $154.57 & FREE Shipping
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31g7L-pjaUL.jpg
    BATTERY ASM AGM *CCA 730)(TOP
    Part Number: 48AGM
    Product Notes:
    Automotive AGM Battery
    BCI 48 CCA 615, 1 Per Veh
    Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2010-2010

2nd Choice:
    http://images.wrenchead.com/smartpag...PG_Primary.jpg
    BATTERY ASM *CCA 660)(TOP
    Part Number: 48HPG
    Product Notes:
    40 Month Free Replacement Battery
    Top post-Battery CCA rating 660 ; 48 BCI ; 0615 CCA ; BASE, LUXURY,; PERFORMANCE, PREMIUM
    Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2010-2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium
    Don't AGM batteries require different charging "pattern"? When I researched a similar topic in the context of BMW I remember reading about some differences. Are you sure these batteries will fit?

Yup... More money though. Interesting that you can actually get it shipped to you on Amazon since it's AGM.

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: 2010 srx battery agm or not to agm

AGM batteries have been used in the motorcycle business for many years with great results. Where wet cell batteries used to last 1-3 years I see AGM batteries lasting 3-10 years.

Re: 2010 srx battery agm or not to agm

Absolutely amazing. Check out Amazon, do a search on AD Delco 48 AGM ( This is the battery for the SRX and Escalade ). They have a July deal going. $127- Shipped to your door!!!! after all the discounts. What a hidden Gem on Amazon!!! This battery at the Dealer is $280-

The comment on special charging is only if you put it on a charger, you have to make sure you set the charger for the correct type of battery, in the truck, non issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.