2010 PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG Had them changed...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG Had them changed... in Cadillac SRX Forums; 76,000 on them, they looked great. Changed them anyway. I heard that some people that leave them in for the ...
    Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

Cool 2010 PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG Had them changed...

76,000 on them, they looked great. Changed them anyway. I heard that some people that leave them in for the 100K have a problem removing them. Anyway, the Dealer charged about $300- had to remove the air intake to get to them. Not a easy DIY....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: 2010 PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG - PLUG Had them changed...

WOW $300 to change the plugs, seems excessive to me.

SRXyz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

That's not too bad, although I don't know how easy or difficult the rear facing ones are. My measuring stick are plug changes for Ford modular motors that cost about $500, but these have much bigger issues relating to spark plugs.

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

$300 doesn't sound too bad considering it's a traverse mounted engine and the rear bank is likely a major PITA to do.

Here's a link to doing them on an '08 Toyota Highlander which has a similar engine setup. (SRX is different but this is just to show how bad it can be.)

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/12...placement.html

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

They need to remove the entire air intake assembly. Mostly Labor ( Dealer Labor at that ). Local guy probably 30% less, but probably not familiar with the vehicle. Sad part, Dealer (Service Tech) broke 2 clips, Ripped Foam mount in half, and left off a retaining clip. That's when I looked under the Plastic Engine cover. It pays to be OCD some times. Sad this is what comes out of most dealers. Even sadder, they are going to take the parts off of another truck on the lot, since they can not order the part.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.