New Cadillac SRX Owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By srxycaddy
  • 1 Post By stevec5375
  • 1 Post By Cadgonewrong
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New Cadillac SRX Owner in Cadillac SRX Forums; So I just purchased a 2013 SRX Performance model from a local dealership. It was/is a used preowned with 16k ...
    Cadgonewrong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

New Cadillac SRX Owner

So I just purchased a 2013 SRX Performance model from a local dealership. It was/is a used preowned with 16k miles on it that I purchased for my wife. So far the vehicle drives nice with lots of features, maybe too many features. I consider myself tech savvy but at first glance this vehicle is not very user friendly. I've had/have a few hiccups so far. My biggest is I went to a luncheon yesterday and got in the car while over 100 degrees outside and the car wouldn't start. The remote would lock/unlock the car and the rear hatch would open, but the remote start or push button start didn't work. I look all over to find where I could place the key fob and start like our previous infiniti to no avail. I need to read the manual so I don't get stuck somewhere or my wife. I finally got it started by locking/unlocking and moving the key fob through out the car. I placed it in the center dash and it started. Now I tried a few more times yesterday and today and I couldn't duplicate the issue. And there is nothing on the dash that tells me my battery is low. My second issue is the cue system wow it's like a beautiful woman with a bad attitude. Sorry ladies but come on. The touch screen is what I call laggy and when you go to input something on the Nav. or adjust setting this thing is BAD!!! I'll take it to the local cadillac dealer to have them check it out. Hopefully there is an update that will fix this....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Re: New Cadillac SRX Owner

Welcome! I hope your experience improves. If you can get the dealer to put the latest version of CUE on, I think you'll find it does help with the "laggy" issues, particularly in inputting Nav addresses (which used to be horrible, but is now much better in my experience).

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Welcome to the forum. Could be the sign of a weakening fob battery, probably best to start with fresh ones anyway. For future reference when your fob doesn't respond you'll want to lay it in the little depression at the bottom of your center armrest (console). Lift the lid and look for the little spot at the bottom. Good luck!
    TheCaptain likes this.

Thank you guys, I'll have them check it all out for me this week I hope. Gotta check my wife's schedule. So far the vehicle itself drives nice, but I'm worrying about all the features of the software.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Cadgonewrong View Post
    Thank you guys, I'll have them check it all out for me this week I hope. Gotta check my wife's schedule. So far the vehicle itself drives nice, but I'm worrying about all the features of the software.
    Make no mistake. All software has bugs and even with rigorous testing they won't all be found. If you had the 2010 model I'd tell you to dump it quickly. I can't speak for the later models. I will tell you this. Stay on top of the issues and don't let it run out of warranty until you get them fixed.
    georule likes this.

So just an update, they fixed it all. There was a recall with Acceleration and reprogramming of the TCM. Also the Navi. works awesome they did a recalibration per a bulletin and a BCM module needed updated software. They also found one key fob with a low battery. Last thing is they replaced the incabin filter and gave it a wash before returning it to me (all N/C). I dropped it off at the dealer around 11am and was ready to be picked up by 5pm same day. I can say I was impressed with the service I received. So as of now this SRX runs, drives and operates at the highest level in my opinion. Thanks for all your info. everyone provided.
    georule likes this.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Ours is in today for an oil change and the transmission re-programming. Since my wife normally drives the car, it will be interesting to see if I can tell any difference.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

My 2010 with 53 K has given me much pleasure so far. Your DIC should give you a message when your fob battery is weak.

The little depression under the center console storage area for the fob in a non-start situation is barely visible, but it's there.

Can't beat the way the car drives and the way it looks sitting in the driveway.

Good luck with it, and welcome to Caddy-world!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.