fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-rec...125023924.html DETROIT, May 1 (Reuters) - General Motors Co is recalling about 56,400 model year 2013 Cadillac SRX crossover vehicles ...
    ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-rec...125023924.html

DETROIT, May 1 (Reuters) - General Motors Co is recalling about 56,400 model year 2013 Cadillac SRX crossover vehicles because of possible delays in acceleration linked to a computer program that controls the transmission, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.

"In certain driving situations, there may be a three to four second lag in acceleration due to the transmission control module programming," said a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The NHTSA said the condition can increase the chances of a crash, but GM said it was not aware of any crashes related to this issue.

GM said that 50,591 of the recalled SRX crossovers are in the United States, 3,306 in Canada, 367 in Mexico and 2,123 in other markets.

The affected vehicles have 3.6-liter engines. Consumers are asked to bring their cars to GM dealerships to have the transmission control modules reprogrammed.

The affected Cadillac SRX crossovers were produced from May 29, 2012 to June 26, 2013.

(Reporting by Bernie Woodall; Editing by Sofina Mirza-Reid)
    crump13 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ezed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77sev(Trd)82Eld(died)92sls(Trd)99sls(Trd)03dts(Trd)07sts13sr
    Yea it is about time !!😠

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

That is great news! I bet some of it had to do with this forum!

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Yes, real good news for those directly affected as well as those, myself included, with vehicles outside the range who are/were having lingering thoughts about 'when will it happen to me?'.

It may seem to have taken a long time to identify and resolve, but having spend a major part of my life in software design and development, I can assure everyone that intermittant problems are absolutely the worst to identify. In this case the problem, IMO, seems like it could have been transmission related, fuel delivery related, throttle-by-wire related, emission control related, or a combination of any or all the above (and possibly other systems as well), any of which could also be impacted by external variables like temperature, humidity, driver inputs or faulty/marginal sensors any of which could also occur in various combinations.

I'm actually quite impressed that GM/Cadillac was able to get a handle on the problem with as little feedback as it seems they were getting.

My only 'knock' on GM/Cadillac is in not acknowledging they were looking into the issue - but I'm sure that decision emanated from the legal department.
    Marc NY, georule and crump13 like this.

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I wonder if the correction will affect the performance and fuel consumption but I would much rather be safe.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by ngrigoriev View Post
    ...The affected Cadillac SRX crossovers were produced from May 29, 2012 to June 26, 2013.
    To fit in that recall range that window has to be including the 2012 MY SRXs too because introduction of the new CUE system the 2013 production started later in the year around October of 2012.

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by ngrigoriev View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-rec...125023924.html

DETROIT, May 1 (Reuters) - General Motors Co is recalling about 56,400 model year 2013 Cadillac SRX crossover vehicles because of possible delays in acceleration linked to a computer program that controls the transmission, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.

"In certain driving situations, there may be a three to four second lag in acceleration due to the transmission control module programming," said a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The NHTSA said the condition can increase the chances of a crash, but GM said it was not aware of any crashes related to this issue.

GM said that 50,591 of the recalled SRX crossovers are in the United States, 3,306 in Canada, 367 in Mexico and 2,123 in other markets.

The affected vehicles have 3.6-liter engines. Consumers are asked to bring their cars to GM dealerships to have the transmission control modules reprogrammed.

The affected Cadillac SRX crossovers were produced from May 29, 2012 to June 26, 2013.

(Reporting by Bernie Woodall; Editing by Sofina Mirza-Reid)
    Yes, this is GREAT news and I updated the main 2013 gas pedal thread this morning with the link to the NHTSA site that gives the details of this recall and two supporting documents.

I'm very excited that this is an offical recall!!

~Tina~

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MI-SRX View Post
    Yes, real good news for those directly affected as well as those, myself included, with vehicles outside the range who are/were having lingering thoughts about 'when will it happen to me?'.

It may seem to have taken a long time to identify and resolve, but having spend a major part of my life in software design and development, I can assure everyone that intermittant problems are absolutely the worst to identify. In this case the problem, IMO, seems like it could have been transmission related, fuel delivery related, throttle-by-wire related, emission control related, or a combination of any or all the above (and possibly other systems as well), any of which could also be impacted by external variables like temperature, humidity, driver inputs or faulty/marginal sensors any of which could also occur in various combinations.

I'm actually quite impressed that GM/Cadillac was able to get a handle on the problem with as little feedback as it seems they were getting.

My only 'knock' on GM/Cadillac is in not acknowledging they were looking into the issue - but I'm sure that decision emanated from the legal department.
    I agree 100% I knew this would be a difficult issue to resolve and pin point the problem but I also agree that GM should have acknowledged they were working on it instead completely denying issue when the service managers reached out to GM regarding this issue.

I am very thankful they were able to identify the issue this quickly as I figured this was going to be a long drawn out issue.

~Tina~
    Marc NY and RoyC80 like this.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

I would suggest that the other thread be left to die or closed, and only continue the discussion in this thread as the official one (less duplication of info). Perhaps pin for a while?

Max

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

I think may have happened to me once at a stop sign. Guess I'll have them apply the fix on my next oil change.

SRXyz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

That is awesome news for those affected.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    I think may have happened to me once at a stop sign. Guess I'll have them apply the fix on my next oil change.
    I will wait until my next oil change to bring my SRX in too.

I am glad there is now a known fix for this concern since a lot of our members seem to have been experiencing this problem.
    crump13 likes this.

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I will wait until my next oil change to bring my SRX in too.

I am glad there is now a known fix for this concern since a lot of our members seem to have been experiencing this problem.
    Not only am i extremely happy they found the fix but I'm glad that i know exactly what sequence of events causes it so I can avoid doing it while driving. I drove in to work today and back home with more confidence that I had in a long time. Just knowing what causes this makes a big difference. It's like I'm a new Cadillac owner like I was the day I purchased my SRX.

~Tina~

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

This is good news.

I will link this thread to the other, and close the other thread.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Can we get Customer Service to weigh in on the status of a fix??

Has a fix been developed?

Has the fix been tested in a sufficient number of vehicles to release for customer vehicle updates?

What is the estimated timeline for having the fix available for dealers to update customer cars?

So far GM has acknowledged being able to recreate the problem in a repeatable scenario. I have not seen anything to tell the rest of the story.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Well, if they are recalling cars, then they have a fix in place for it...
    allgm, Marc NY and crump13 like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.