fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; Yep... That's what I did Captain and you are right... Simple. Even when I forgot and took the foot off, ...
    matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)
    Yep... That's what I did Captain and you are right... Simple. Even when I forgot and took the foot off, I just reapplied the gas and hit set and no big deal. I would just prefer a car that works around me versus me changing how I drive. Perhaps many others learned to drive and use cruise while applying the gas and they would never notice this, for others (like me when I lived in California) they have enough traffic that they rarely get the chance to change cruise speed without tapping the brakes. Either way, I am the perfect storm for noticing this issue... Several times per day driving.

This all said, combine 5 check engine lights (emissions system control failure), and the transmission/acceleration issue and I was ready to trade up. I also grew to dislike the capacitive touch. I am glad that Cadillac is fixing the issues for everyone else and do hope you all enjoy your rides! I am certainly enjoying mine! I got 16.8 mpg over two tanks of gas last week!

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I don't know how to fix the cruise being unavailable, mine still does it after 6 attempted repairs over a year and a half.

I do know the easy way to fix your cruise set issue (when you had the SRX). If you keep your foot on the gas when you set cruise, it goes to the new speed. If you take your foot off the gas, it resumes the old speed. Simple.
    That seems like strange programming to me. No matter whether foot on or off gas, hitting set should lock in current speed. If I want the old speed, that is what RESUME is for! I'll have to go check my 2014 to see what it does.

Max

matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)
    I tested three other Cadillacs with adaptive cruise and two members from this forum tested as well... All experienced the same results with foot off the gas... I agree, it is counter intuitive and my CTS V (without adaptive cruise) does not try to slow or decelerate to the lower speed.... It accepts the new speed.

spartan4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2103 SRX

I told my dealership of this issue twice (and that it almost got me hit when stalled while merging in traffic) and each time they tried to convince me it was "bad gas" - I only put Chevron in my car, so I knew that was not it. Really getting disillusioned with GM and especially this particular dealership.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by spartan4444 View Post
    I told my dealership of this issue twice (and that it almost got me hit when stalled while merging in traffic) and each time they tried to convince me it was "bad gas" - I only put Chevron in my car, so I knew that was not it. Really getting disillusioned with GM and especially this particular dealership.
    Have you asked them to perform the recall? If they still say "bad gas", then I would ask to talk to the owner of the dealership.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Couldn't even get an appointment this week (called late last week) to have the recall fix applied. Seems they are pretty busy at the local Chevy & Cadillac dealership these days. Having it done Monday, however. Better go smoothly, as I have to have the car for a trip on Tuesday, and if I don't they're going to be giving me a loaner that is going to log a lot of miles!

Pappy1121 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Had the recall done despite never having this issue. Car seems to be a bit more peppy. Dealer called me about recall 2 days before receiving the official letter from GM. Appointment made for next day and a loaner was given for the day. Best PR service I have ever experienced. Jim Hudson in Columbia, SC does it right !
    georule likes this.

cadillac 31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

hey guys i just got my recall done today but when i reached home i noticed the tachometer barely moving like the needle would barely go to 3 even with the car in park and I'm hitting the gas...i don't think thats right but curious to if anyone had the same issue or similar after the update.....by the way acceleration is perfect i love the way it works now..just the tachometer issue

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I'm pretty sure most vehicles will only rev so hi when in Park.

Zl700 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS-Vsport
    Yup, cars today have rev limiters when in park

thanks guys but i think yall missing my issue maybe its how i wrote i dunno ..but i meant im driving but tachometer barely moving with acceleration..i couldn't go hard because i was in traffic ,,so when i got home and try hitting the gas needle still barely moving barely making to 3 on tachometer ...all well i guess bak to the dealer next week

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

When you say "got home" they assume you mean parked in your driveway or garage, and they're telling you it has a rev limiter on it when in "park". They aren't saying you don't have a problem with your tach --just that it can't be tested for a problem with the tach when in "park".

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac 31 View Post
    thanks guys but i think yall missing my issue maybe its how i wrote i dunno ..but i meant im driving but tachometer barely moving with acceleration..i couldn't go hard because i was in traffic ,,so when i got home and try hitting the gas needle still barely moving barely making to 3 on tachometer ...all well i guess bak to the dealer next week
    Hello cadillac 31,

I am glad to hear your dealership service visit went well and that the acceleration is now working perfectly for you. Please let me know if you set up an appointment at your dealer next week regarding your vehicle's tachometer concern. I can be reached via private message to further discuss your situation.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Have you tried manually downshifting to see if the revs climb? (while driving, not in park)

i will try that ..reason why i also did it in park i was comparing it to my tahoe when in park hit the gas the needle climbs and as far i know thats how the tachometer works.... if the srx don't do that I'm fine but it wasn't doing that before

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.