fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; My On* report I received last week showed this recall for our SRX, then on Mon received the notice in ...
    JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

My On* report I received last week showed this recall for our SRX, then on Mon received the notice in the (snail) mail. Oil life is still at 38%, so it looks like I'll have to get the recall service done before I'm ready for an oil change / tire rotate.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Yeah, I got the recall notice in yesterday's mail. Still planning on waiting for my next oil change, however, to have it done.

I'm not too concerned about it so long as it gets done before ice season again. The one time *I think* it happened to me seems to be supported by the description of when it might happen included in the notice. In my case an ice spin-out from a full stop at a stop sign, take the foot off the gas to stop the wheel spin, then try to go again.

RogerBClark is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Recall completed. As others have said, the vehicle shift points and feel have changed. It is much more aggressive than it was and seems to shift at a higher RPM than before. We will see how it sorts out when we've driven it enough to complete the learning process. So far so good

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by mca2012 View Post
    Just had the wife's car in for the "safety" update today at the dealer, #14132. Did anyone else get a second update at the same time? The invoice lists a second "service" update #14183 "Reprogram ECM to improve acceleration from stop". This must also be new, as I had the vehicle in for service 2 weeks ago, and neither were available. Must say, driving home, it is MUCH more responsive. We'll see if the wife notices it.
    Yes, I just had both updates applied Thursday, alongside an oil change and tire rotation. What a difference!!

Now, I just need to get a scratch in the rear quarter panel repaired (which likely involves reprinting the entire panel!) and she'll be better than new,

RoyC80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I agree. Since the update on my SRX the transmission shifts smoother and less wishy washy on what gear it wants to be in and much better response!!

~Tina~
    My wife's 2013 Highlander at 270 HP and I believe heavier has always seemed peppier than my 2013 SRX Performance. Looking forward to the software upgrade

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

I am due for another oil change... seems like the miles are flying by... I'm already around 12900 miles.

The service update to the ECM (14183) wasn't done on my SRX at the time the Safety update to the TCM was done. Looks like the service update notice came after I had the safety one completed so I will have the service update to the ECM done on Thursday when I take my SRX in for an oil change and rotation. I'm looking forward to the added pep from stop.

I have enjoyed driving the SRX much more since the TCM update. The shifting is much smoother and the SRX is more confident in the gear selection as I haven't experienced the "which gear should I be in" and shifting up and down like it had done on occasion before since the update.

So with the ECM update I can only imagine that will add to the overall driving experience!!

~Tina~

matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)
    I received my recall and brought the car to the dealership and it is much better now.... That is, I traded my 2013 SRX Premium AWD in for a 2014 CTS V Wagon!

I was complaining about the terrible shifts since getting my SRX... Glad you all are enjoying your cars again!

njacobsen is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by matthayes3741 View Post
    I received my recall and brought the car to the dealership and it is much better now.... That is, I traded my 2013 SRX Premium AWD in for a 2014 CTS V Wagon!

I was complaining about the terrible shifts since getting my SRX... Glad you all are enjoying your cars again!
    That is definitely a performance upgrade...enjoy your new ride.

The two fixes for the TCM and ECM combined are a definite performance improvement for the SRX, but no match for a CTS-V.

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

but no match for a CTS-V.
    Not much is. The fact that it's a wagon makes it twice as nice!

Congrats

Thanks guys! I LOVE the Vagon. If I stay off the supercharger I am averaging 15.9 mpg. The tank only holds 16 gal or so. When I give it gas the car moves quick... But so does the gas lol.

I wish I would have gotten to enjoy my SRX, but between the adaptive cruise issues (see my other threads), transmission/acceleration issues and recurring CEL... I was over it... And hey, I was able to upgrade!
    Attached Images
    TheCaptain and crump13 like this.

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

marrhaynes3741... what issues did you have with the adaptive cruise control? Mine just quit today. It says adaptive cruise control unavailable
    temporarily...Checked the on and off switch to make sure it was on. Made no difference. Looking forward to your response...

----------

it looks like i put the wrong name on the reply, sorry Matthayes3741. Enjoy your new ride, nice looking unit....

I had that occur just one time "adaptive cruise unavailable." I was a mile from work and when I left to come home at the end of the day it went back to normal.

My main issue is with the design. When I lived in California I had no issues (I never noticed this because of typical traffic) but since moving to Texas I dealt with this issue everyday. When cruising through a small town at 30 mph (on cruise control) I would then accelerate to 65 mph upon reaching the end of town (no stop lights therefore no applying the brakes)... Then I let off the gas and push Cruise Set. Instead of setting cruise at 65, the car then applies brakes down to 29 mph (30-1). It is upsetting to attempt to set cruise at higher speeds and have the brakes applied hard... This occurred multiple times per day. Then add in terrible shifting/acceleration and random check engine lights on a brand new car... It is quite upsetting.

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

I had that occur just one time "adaptive cruise unavailable." I was a mile from work and when I left to come home at the end of the day it went back to normal.

My main issue is with the design. When I lived in California I had no issues (I never noticed this because of typical traffic) but since moving to Texas I dealt with this issue everyday. When cruising through a small town at 30 mph (on cruise control) I would then accelerate to 65 mph upon reaching the end of town (no stop lights therefore no applying the brakes)... Then I let off the gas and push Cruise Set. Instead of setting cruise at 65, the car then applies brakes down to 29 mph (30-1). It is upsetting to attempt to set cruise at higher speeds and have the brakes applied hard... This occurred multiple times per day. Then add in terrible shifting/acceleration and random check engine lights on a brand new car... It is quite upsetting.
    Does your new Vagon have adaptive cruise control and if so I guess it doesn't act the same? If not then I would think that is a defect in your SRX. I don't have the adaptive cruise control option on my SRX in order to experience this but then again I don't use cruise control very often anyway.

~Tina~

The Vagon's do not come with adaptive cruise. When I first started experiencing the issue with the SRX, Cadillac had me drive several other Cadillacs with adaptive cruise. They all function the same... In my opinion it is a poor design.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I don't know how to fix the cruise being unavailable, mine still does it after 6 attempted repairs over a year and a half.

I do know the easy way to fix your cruise set issue (when you had the SRX). If you keep your foot on the gas when you set cruise, it goes to the new speed. If you take your foot off the gas, it resumes the old speed. Simple.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.