fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by MJDART How can I find my manufacture date to know if my '13 SRX is part of ...
    crump13 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    How can I find my manufacture date to know if my '13 SRX is part of the recall?
    It's on the driver's door on the inside on the door sill, If I remember correctly. Or you can give your vin to marcny and he. Can provide you with the build sheet of your srx but my guess it that most all 2013s are part of the recall.

~Tina~

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

Quote Originally Posted by MJDART View Post
    How can I find my manufacture date to know if my '13 SRX is part of the recall?
    Hello MJDART,

We would be happy to research your VIN and see if there are any open recalls or service announcements on your vehicle. Please feel free to private message us if you would like us to do that on your behalf. You can also sign up for the Cadillac owner center here: https://my.cadillac.com/web/portal/managemybrand?g=1. You can track your warranty and recalls at this website after you create an account. I hope this information helps! Please feel free to private message us if you would like our assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I just had my 2013 SRX in for an oil change and the latest updates and all I have to say is ... it really improved my tranny response!
    georule and crump13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I just had my 2013 SRX in for an oil change and the latest updates and all I have to say is ... it really improved my tranny response!
    I agree. Since the update on my SRX the transmission shifts smoother and less wishy washy on what gear it wants to be in and much better response!!

~Tina~
    RoyC80 likes this.

RogerBClark is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My dealer contacted me that they have the update and wants me to bring it in. I happened to be in Yellowstone (live in West Palm Beach) when I got the email, but just got back and will make the appointment. Glad to see the update coming out and also the positive comments on the outcome so far.

Roger

I just filled up today and calculated my MPG at 22.35. Before the update I would typically get between 19 - 20 mpg with a mix of in town and interstate driving. I typically drive about 400 or so miles a week which means I fill up once a week. I did not do any more interstate driving for this tank then I typically do so maybe the update might have provided better fuel economy. The only times I got 22 mpg or better was when I would do more interstate driving.

I'm taking a trip to the keys in two weeks so I'll see what I get on that trip. I will be loaded up more than my typical daily commute and will have my sister and my 5 year old niece in the car as well. I'd love to see 24 or better MPG on this trip. :-)

~Tina~

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

A while back I posted an issue I was experiencing where there was an audible rattle during light acceleration out of a low speed turn. I suspected detonation and even tried higher octane fuel. As it turns out, our SRX had a bad universal joint. The SRX AWD uses a three piece drive shaft which does not have provisions to replace universal joints...the entire drive shaft must be replaced. The new drive shaft was installed yesterday and I have not heard the rattle since. I feel fortunate to have the drive shaft replaced under warrantee because the List Price is $708. Searching on-line there are several sources with selling prices in the $400-$500 range. I did not check, but shipping is probably significant.

mca2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx premium

Just had the wife's car in for the "safety" update today at the dealer, #14132. Did anyone else get a second update at the same time? The invoice lists a second "service" update #14183 "Reprogram ECM to improve acceleration from stop". This must also be new, as I had the vehicle in for service 2 weeks ago, and neither were available. Must say, driving home, it is MUCH more responsive. We'll see if the wife notices it.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

I just purchased a 2010 Premium. Unrelated, but a question none the less. Driving normally say between 25 45 MPH, if I press the gas to speed up, the car seems to lag / bog 1 sec. or so (almost like downshifting feeling, car slows a bit no downshift but defiantly a drag), then drives normally. Any Ideas? or is this normal. Dealer said no recalls on this, what about TSB?

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I just got my recall notice the other day and will schedule my visit. I read the labor charge is .5 hrs, so I should be able to wait for the repair if I understand correctly. Being I'm averaging 22.7 mpg for over 15,000 miles, I hoping this update doesn't negatively affect my good gas mileage average. I don't like how my SRX downshifts in manual ( it seems to surge ahead before the lower gear takes hold). My '06 CTS Sport with 5 spd auto, had instant downshift response. I'm hoping this flash will correct my downshift response time.

Miataman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDART
    I just got my recall notice the other day and will schedule my visit. I read the labor charge is .5 hrs, so I should be able to wait for the repair if I understand correctly. Being I'm averaging 22.7 mpg for over 15,000 miles, I hoping this update doesn't negatively affect my good gas mileage average. I don't like how my SRX downshifts in manual ( it seems to surge ahead before the lower gear takes hold). My '06 CTS Sport with 5 spd auto, had instant downshift response. I'm hoping this flash will correct my downshift response time.
    My SRX does the same when downshifting in manual. And the recall on lagging was completed

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mca2012
    Just had the wife's car in for the "safety" update today at the dealer, #14132. Did anyone else get a second update at the same time? The invoice lists a second "service" update #14183 "Reprogram ECM to improve acceleration from stop". This must also be new, as I had the vehicle in for service 2 weeks ago, and neither were available. Must say, driving home, it is MUCH more responsive. We'll see if the wife notices it.
    Yes. I got a second notice. And completed..

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat
    Piked up my 2013 back from having the two recalls done. For the first 10 miles or so in city driving the shifting was very harsh. As i was driving the shifting became very smooth and just as before. My service advisor warned me what to expect in advance. Shoe

ezed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77sev(Trd)82Eld(died)92sls(Trd)99sls(Trd)03dts(Trd)07sts13sr

got my recall letter today :-) service coming, up will have it done then, also earlier in miles i was having this problem 4000 or so, it kinda just faded away hasnt done it in a few thousand miles? me being at 16000 now, go figure:-(??

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Got My Recall Letter Today... Oil change and tire rotation coming up soon, will have everything done at once. Thanks GM for the notice....

RogerBClark is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dropped my Wife's SRX off today for the recall. Glad to see this has been addressed!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.