fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by SRX-MTL To get all new updates for your car go to : https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web Enter your VIN and ...
    adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

Quote Originally Posted by SRX-MTL View Post
    To get all new updates for your car go to : https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
    Enter your VIN and you will have all the calibration info available for your car.

For the TCM, part number of the new calibration is 24273822 : New calibration to resolve vehicle hesitation during acceleration under certain conditions.

If you were to drive into a dealer and tell them you want all updates that are available from GM installed, most likely they wouldn't do it. But if you were experiencing that particular condition, then they would load the update. I think GM does not allow the "selling" of warranty repairs. The customer must have a complaint, before they can do a repair.
    Wow there is a lot of info in that link. My question is how do you know if you have the updates or not? Most areas seem to have only the original programming. But for areas that have been updated, the website does not seem to know which version my SRX has.

Thanks for that link.

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

If you were to drive into a dealer and tell them you want all updates that are available from GM installed, most likely they wouldn't do it. But if you were experiencing that particular condition, then they would load the update. I think GM does not allow the "selling" of warranty repairs. The customer must have a complaint, before they can do a repair.
    This does not make sense. This is a recall on a SAFETY ISSUE that occurrs under rare and obscure conditions and is very difficult to duplicate. Just because someone has not experienced the conditions that cause the SAFETY ISSUE to occur doesn't mean that there is no potential for it occurring in the future. It seems to me that if GM fixes ONLY the "complainers", they are leaving themselves open for liability in the future. It would be in GM's best interest to purge ALL of the bad TCM code in existence by making sure each and every vehicle that has the bad code gets "the fix".

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBzSRX View Post
    This does not make sense. This is a recall on a SAFETY ISSUE that occurrs under rare and obscure conditions and is very difficult to duplicate. Just because someone has not experienced the conditions that cause the SAFETY ISSUE to occur doesn't mean that there is no potential for it occurring in the future. It seems to me that if GM fixes ONLY the "complainers", they are leaving themselves open for liability in the future. It would be in GM's best interest to purge ALL of the bad TCM code in existence by making sure each and every vehicle that has the bad code gets "the fix".
    I think what SRX-MTL was saying more in regards to all the other items listed when you enter you VIN in that website. Everyone that is listed under the recall notice WILL have their vehicles fixed with the updated TCM program regardless if they have experienced the issue or not. But the other issues I found listed under my VIN like radio update or HAVC update those are not specific to a safety issue. I have no clue if my SRX has had those updates but I am not experiencing any issue with my radio or HAVC so going in to my dealer with a print out of that website with all the available updates would probably not work because I haven't experienced those issues and may never.

Again, this is how I interpreted SRX-MTL's post.

~Tina~

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I think what SRX-MTL was saying more in regards to all the other items listed when you enter you VIN in that website. Everyone that is listed under the recall notice WILL have their vehicles fixed with the updated TCM program regardless if they have experienced the issue or not. But the other issues I found listed under my VIN like radio update or HAVC update those are not specific to a safety issue. I have no clue if my SRX has had those updates but I am not experiencing any issue with my radio or HAVC so going in to my dealer with a print out of that website with all the available updates would probably not work because I haven't experienced those issues and may never.

Again, this is how I interpreted SRX-MTL's post.

~Tina~
    Exactly Tina ! Thanks for the precision.
    crump13 likes this.

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

Exactly Tina ! Thanks for the precision.
    "Aye" said the blind man.

Or as Emily Litella would say, "Nevermind".
    crump13 likes this.

I dropped my SRX off this morning for the TCM recall. They told me that they received the offical notice and the fix from GM on Friday morning. They also indicated there were other 2013 SRX owners that have complained about the same issue. While I was waiting on the courtesy transportaion to take me to work, another 2013 SRX owner pulled into the service area for the same fix. I'm sure the Cadillac service dept will be busy with this fix.

I also let my service advisor know that after the update the car shifts clunky for a little bit and then smooths out.

~Tina~

I had the TCM update done today. I drove the car off the lot and there was couple of slower then expected shifts but after that everything seems to be shifting fine. After I picked up my car I went to the gas station to fill it up and in the little bit of driving I have done today, it seems like the fuel range indicator is showing less of a range then typical. Not sure of before the fuel range was off and now it is fixed or if it is off now. It typically shows a range of about 410 or so miles when I fill it up and will stay there and not go down for quite a few miles of driving but this time it showed 390 mile range when filled up and moves down steadily as I drive. I'm interested to see what my overall MPG will be now. I check it at every fill up so my typically driving pattern gets me around 19 - 20 MPG and that is with a mix of interstate and in town driving.

I have attached the invoice showing the TCM update.

~Tina~

TCM Invoice 05122014.jpg
    Marc NY likes this.

Just to provide an update after about two days of driving since the TCM update, everything seems to be running very smooth. Shifting is much smoother than it was before the update and doesn't seem to wonder what gear it should be in like it did before. Fuel range seems to be a little better so maybe with the new program it needed to re-calibrate some. I have driven about 112 miles since the TCM update and my fuel range shows 346 so that brings it back up. I know that will go up and down based on my driving habits so the true test will be when I fill up and calculate the MPG then.

It is great to get in the car and truly enjoy driving and not having to worry about the potential to lose acceleration. I notice that I still hesitate when cutting across traffic. I still tend to wait for a much larger gap in traffic then I actually need. I got in that habit because of the loss of acceleration and it isn't necessarily a bad habit to be in either. :-)

~Tina~
    njacobsen likes this.

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

Good to know things are running right! Enjoy your wheels, the way it should have been!

Max
    crump13 likes this.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    Shifting is much smoother than it was before the update and doesn't seem to wonder what gear it should be in like it did before. ~Tina~
    I agree that gear selection is better calibrated to low speed driving maneuvers.

I also stepped up to using Premium BP (93 Octane) which unleashed low RPM torque for better acceleration out of corners and so far the detonation previously heard occasionally is no longer apparent. I think better gear selection along with the higher octane fuel delivers much better drivability.
    crump13 likes this.

22velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cadillac srx performance

I had my 2013 performance model re-flashed yesterday at the dealer that I bought it from. Driving home from the dealership It felt I was in a completely different vehicle. There was a big improvement in performance. I just hope that once the computer "learns" my driving style, it doesn't revert back to the previous performance level. I can't drive the vehicle as aggressively on a regular as I was able to yesterday. I also noted that on the repair order the safety recall code was listed as 14132- lag in acceleration and the operation code was listed as 9100521. The labor hours was .5 If I experience any future changes I will keep you posted. Frank

hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Is anyone sitting and waiting for this update to be applied? I live a little ways away and don't really want to drop off the car and have to come back and we just had services done a couple months ago so it will be next fall before we need to go back in. If it only takes an hour or less I could wait, any one wait?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    Is anyone sitting and waiting for this update to be applied? I live a little ways away and don't really want to drop off the car and have to come back and we just had services done a couple months ago so it will be next fall before we need to go back in. If it only takes an hour or less I could wait, any one wait?
    If you have a Chevrolet or other GM dealer near you they should be able to do the recall. Call and ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    You should be able to have this done and wait for it. It is not a long fix. Just let your service manager know you are waiting on it and they will get it done timely.

~Tina~

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

How can I find my manufacture date to know if my '13 SRX is part of the recall?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.