fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 119
Like Tree39Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; Oops...
  1. #31
    HDI0390 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Oops

  2. #32
    crump13's Avatar
    crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    244

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by HDI0390 View Post
    Unless your next oil change will be in the next day, or so, you should probably schedule an appointment to have this done as soon as possible, as this is a safety recall and the problem could result in an increased risk of a crash.
    The update is not available yet. GM has 60 days from the time they notified NHTSA of the recall to notify the owners, dealers and distributors. As of the last time I checked with my service dept, they had not even heard anything from GM about the recall. I was the one to notify them of it. So it might be a few weeks before the fix is available.

    For all of us that have actually experienced this issue, I am sure we are all very anxious to get this fixed but just knowing the sequence of events that causes the issue is good to know to limit the chance of it happening again until the fix is available.

    ~Tina~
    HDI0390 likes this.

  3. #33
    Marc NY's Avatar
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    ... For all of us that have actually experienced this issue, I am sure we are all very anxious to get this fixed but just knowing the sequence of events that causes the issue is good to know to limit the chance of it happening again until the fix is available.

    ~Tina~
    I agree ... I called the dealer too and the service guy said that a letter should be coming out very soon and to let him know when I get the letter and he will schedule an appointment for me.
    crump13 likes this.

  4. #34
    crump13's Avatar
    crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    244

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I agree ... I called the dealer too and the service guy said that a letter should be coming out very soon and to let him know when I get the letter and he will schedule an appointment for me.
    I got to "like" your post since you agreed with me... :-)

    ~Tina~

  5. #35
    HDI0390 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    [QUOTE=georule;12434401]I think may have happened to me once at a stop sign. Guess I'll have them apply the fix on my next oil change
    .[/QUnless your next oil change will be in the next day, or so, you should probably schedule an appointment to have this done as soon as possible, as this is a safety recall and the problem could result in an increased risk of a crash. UOTE]

  6. #36
    njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Berlin WI
    Posts
    135

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    The Transmission Control Module was reprogrammed today on my SRX. This was done before my VIN is matched with the Recall.

    When the update is applied, your transmission will shift strangely for the first several trips. I made eight trips today and this evening it is shifting smoothly once again. The initial trip as I left the dealer had terrible shifts most noticeably 2-3 where the RPM surged about 700 RPM as it shifted with engagement to 3 which was very noticeable.

    The service invoice does not mention the Recall, but states update 2810175 with SPS 2013 WP94.

    I will be watching for further Recall documentation to verify the correct update was applied.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    The Transmission Control Module was reprogrammed today on my SRX. This was done before my VIN is matched with the Recall.

    When the update is applied, your transmission will shift strangely for the first several trips. I made eight trips today and this evening it is shifting smoothly once again. The initial trip as I left the dealer had terrible shifts most noticeably 2-3 where the RPM surged about 700 RPM as it shifted with engagement to 3 which was very noticeable.

    The service invoice does not mention the Recall, but states update 2810175 with SPS 2013 WP94.

    I will be watching for further Recall documentation to verify the correct update was applied.
    Just found the 2810175 is the Global Labor Code for reprograming the TCM. (Google on the Internet is wonderful).

    Perhaps the SPS 2013 WP94 is the fix that was applied.
    crump13 likes this.

  7. #37
    crump13's Avatar
    crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    244

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    The Transmission Control Module was reprogrammed today on my SRX. This was done before my VIN is matched with the Recall.

    When the update is applied, your transmission will shift strangely for the first several trips. I made eight trips today and this evening it is shifting smoothly once again. The initial trip as I left the dealer had terrible shifts most noticeably 2-3 where the RPM surged about 700 RPM as it shifted with engagement to 3 which was very noticeable.

    The service invoice does not mention the Recall, but states update 2810175 with SPS 2013 WP94.

    I will be watching for further Recall documentation to verify the correct update was applied.

    ----------



    Just found the 2810175 is the Global Labor Code for reprograming the TCM. (Google on the Internet is wonderful).

    Perhaps the SPS 2013 WP94 is the fix that was applied.
    It's good to hear that the updated TCM program is out and available for uploading. I'll have to give my service manager call to see if they have it available or if it is going out in waves.

    Thanks for the update.

    ~Tina~

  8. #38
    Marc NY's Avatar
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I got to "like" your post since you agreed with me... :-)

    ~Tina~
    I have to *LIKE* that you liked me agreeing with you! LOL
    crump13 likes this.

  9. #39
    MI-SRX's Avatar
    MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    166

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    I have to *LIKE* that you liked me agreeing with you! LOL
    I like the fact that Marc likes that Lisa likes that Marc agrees with her.
    Marc NY and crump13 like this.

  10. #40
    crump13's Avatar
    crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    244

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by MI-SRX View Post
    I like the fact that Marc likes that Lisa likes that Marc agrees with her.
    I REALLY like this!!! :-)

    On a serious note, I received a message from my service manager letting me know they have the offical recall info and the updated TCM program and want to know if Monday is good for me to bring in my SRX for the fix. So looks like I will be fixed on Monday!! And I can return this data recorder at the same time.

    I'm pretty excited about getting the fix. When I drop it off on Monday I'll let them know that the transmission will shift a little rough at the start. Hopefully they will be able to run it some to work out the rough shifting before I get it back.

    ~Tina~

  11. #41
    njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Berlin WI
    Posts
    135

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I REALLY like this!!! :-)

    On a serious note, I received a message from my service manager letting me know they have the offical recall info and the updated TCM program and want to know if Monday is good for me to bring in my SRX for the fix. So looks like I will be fixed on Monday!! And I can return this data recorder at the same time.

    I'm pretty excited about getting the fix. When I drop it off on Monday I'll let them know that the transmission will shift a little rough at the start. Hopefully they will be able to run it some to work out the rough shifting before I get it back.

    ~Tina~
    Tina,

    When the work is done Monday, can you post the numbers behind SPS as stated on your service invoice? I would like to see the numbers for assurance the acceleration lag fix is included in the new code being applied.

    Thanks
    crump13 likes this.

  12. #42
    crump13's Avatar
    crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    Posts
    244

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    Tina,

    When the work is done Monday, can you post the numbers behind SPS as stated on your service invoice? I would like to see the numbers for assurance the acceleration lag fix is included in the new code being applied.

    Thanks
    I sure will. :-)

    ~Tina~

  13. #43
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,322

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I REALLY like this!!! :-)

    On a serious note, I received a message from my service manager letting me know they have the offical recall info and the updated TCM program and want to know if Monday is good for me to bring in my SRX for the fix. So looks like I will be fixed on Monday!! And I can return this data recorder at the same time.

    I'm pretty excited about getting the fix. When I drop it off on Monday I'll let them know that the transmission will shift a little rough at the start. Hopefully they will be able to run it some to work out the rough shifting before I get it back.

    ~Tina~
    Hello Tina,

    That’s great news! Please keep us updated on Monday after you have the repair completed, as we would like to make sure that you aren’t experiencing any further concerns after this has been applied. We will be sure to be on the lookout for your future updates!

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    crump13 and RoyC80 like this.

  14. #44
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,322

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    Hello Nels,

    I wanted to let you know I received your private message, and will answer your questions to the best of my ability there.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  15. #45
    SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    47

    Re: fw: GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

    To get all new updates for your car go to : https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
    Enter your VIN and you will have all the calibration info available for your car.

    For the TCM, part number of the new calibration is 24273822 : New calibration to resolve vehicle hesitation during acceleration under certain conditions.

    If you were to drive into a dealer and tell them you want all updates that are available from GM installed, most likely they wouldn't do it. But if you were experiencing that particular condition, then they would load the update. I think GM does not allow the "selling" of warranty repairs. The customer must have a complaint, before they can do a repair.
    njacobsen and crump13 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting