Front driver seat belt buckle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Front driver seat belt buckle in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi, I feel like going crazy Am I just too tired? Or that's because of the lighter clothing resulting from ...
    ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Front driver seat belt buckle

Hi,

I feel like going crazy Am I just too tired? Or that's because of the lighter clothing resulting from gradually going from winter to spring...Anyway, almost 6 weeks after getting the new SRX I have noticed that the buckle on the driver seat safety belt is kinda...reversed?? Look at the pictures, hopefully they are clear enough. On the passenger side it seems correct, the plastic cover facing the middle of the car...

I have tried to turn the buckle around the belt but it does not seem to be simple, the opening for the belt is very narrow.

Feel very silly about noticing it just today
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

Re: Front driver seat belt buckle

I would say push the passenger one off the seat and let it hang vertically against the B pillar, ensure there is no twist in the webbing, then see which way the buckle faces. Do the same with the drivers (not holding, let it hang against B pillar, no twist) and compare which way that buckle faces.

In these pix looks like it's backwards to me, but double check via the B pillar hang.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumkk View Post
    I would say push the passenger one off the seat and let it hang vertically against the B pillar, ensure there is no twist in the webbing,
    I do not see any twists...and the rear passenger left-side belt looks correct to me too. Here are more photos.
    Attached Images

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I had this problem on one of my cars. You can fold the seat belt in half and pull the buckle through to reverse the buckle position. Google is your friend here. Edit: feeling generous:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/se...ed-171555.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    TheCaptain likes this.

MI-SRX is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Yep, your driver side buckle is reversed from what it should be. Just checked mine and they are all the same as your picture of the passenger side belt. I had this in one of my previous vehicles and the solution posted above by 'adamjeeps' will work.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    Or you could do that. Hopefully they would't take apart your interior to fix it. I would give it a shot myself first before wasting time and gas going to the dealer unless you were already going for some other reason.

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

Easy fix as described above. I've had several vehicles do this, so its not unique to the SRX. Just normal use can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    That's what I am going to do. While it sounds simple, I have not managed yet to turn it around, the hole for the belt seems to be very narrow and I am not sure if I have a chance to cut the belt if I apply too much force after folding it. I would prefer the GM guys to cut it in this case

How this can even pass some quality control at Cadillac???? A basic safety feature of the car being incorrectly installed???

It could have happened during a test drive or even the salesman or service department having some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    It could have happened during a test drive or even the salesman or service department having some fun.
    When I have received this car it had 13km on it. So, obviously, it was not test-driven too much. Also these buckles are really difficult to turn on the belt, unlike the ones for the baby seats

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ngrigoriev View Post
    Hi,

I feel like going crazy Am I just too tired? Or that's because of the lighter clothing resulting from gradually going from winter to spring...Anyway, almost 6 weeks after getting the new SRX I have noticed that the buckle on the driver seat safety belt is kinda...reversed?? Look at the pictures, hopefully they are clear enough. On the passenger side it seems correct, the plastic cover facing the middle of the car...

I have tried to turn the buckle around the belt but it does not seem to be simple, the opening for the belt is very narrow.

Feel very silly about noticing it just today
    Hello ngrigoriev,

If you would like our assistance in setting up an appointment at your dealership like westham suggested, you can reach out to our Customer Care team in Canada through one of the ways listed on this site: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview. I hope this information helps! Please keep us updated with what you do to address the issue. Please feel free to private message us if you have any further questions as well.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rays B4U is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury Gray Flannel Metallic

My passenger side front seat belt was reversed on my 13. I fixed mine the same way as adamjeeps explained. Took me about a minute to correct it. It was so easy to fix I can see how it could have just as easily been unknowingly twisted by a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rays B4U View Post
    My passenger side front seat belt was reversed on my 13. I fixed mine the same way as adamjeeps explained. Took me about a minute to correct it. It was so easy to fix I can see how it could have just as easily been unknowingly twisted by a passenger.
    I had some free time last night while waiting for my son and finally managed to turn that buckle. It just required proper folding angle and some meditation But still it was pretty tight, I can hardly imagine twisting it by mistake.

quantex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Own two 2012 SRX-4 w/o Nav

Its on youtube to fix. Pull the seatbelt all the way out. Then pull the twist through the buckle. It will fix it. No need to take it in to the dealership.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.