What To Use to Clean the Rocker Panel Trim and Front and Back Bumper Trim
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Likely
  • 1 Post By JohninBC
  • 1 Post By MJDART
  • 1 Post By Likely
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What To Use to Clean the Rocker Panel Trim and Front and Back Bumper Trim in Cadillac SRX Forums; Just wondering what some of the rest of you are using on your black trim on the skirt or rocker ...
    Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection

What To Use to Clean the Rocker Panel Trim and Front and Back Bumper Trim

Just wondering what some of the rest of you are using on your black trim on the skirt or rocker panel area on your SRX and also on the front and back bumpers on the bottom. I know I shouldn't wax them, but wondered what cleaning products some of you use...Armor All? I have seen a product called Eagle One Spray Gel and another product called Ultimate Black.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Re: What To Use to Clean the Rocker Panel Trim and Front and Back Bumper Trim

Stoners trim shine works real well...I have used aerospace 303 protectant also. Both work well for me...The aerospace 303 is alittle pricey!!!It never goes on sale. You can get stoners at o'reilly auto parts. They do have a sale now and then....
    Indy_Mike likes this.

JohninBC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance AWD Crystal Red/Ebony

I've only had my 2014 for a month and have been trying different things. Tried the 303 and it worked ok. Over the weekend I was using Zano Z2 on the car and I tried it on the black trim, worked really well. Followed that up with a quick spray and wipe with ultimate shine and they look good, no white haze. Haven't found Stoners in Canada yet.
    Indy_Mike likes this.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I've almost gone through my first bottle of "Ultimate Black", I like it alot and will most likely buy another when the first is empty. I use Armor All Tire foam $3.97 and occasionaly when spraying the tires I will spray the rocker panels, mud flaps and the front and rear valance areas and wipe down with a clean cloth before I wipe the tires, this also works well for a quick touch up.

Ultimate Black.jpg
    Armor_all_tire_foam.jpg
    Indy_Mike likes this.

Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection

Quote Originally Posted by JohninBC View Post
    I've only had my 2014 for a month and have been trying different things. Tried the 303 and it worked ok. Over the weekend I was using Zano Z2 on the car and I tried it on the black trim, worked really well. Followed that up with a quick spray and wipe with ultimate shine and they look good, no white haze. Haven't found Stoners in Canada yet.
    I used Zaino Z6 (maybe the same as what you are calling ultimate shine) kind of by accident yesterday and noticed it looked like it did a really good job. Still think I will try the Stoners if I can find it at my local O'Reilly's.

Maybe there are some other ideas out there too?

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

If you have road oil or any material below the rocker panel, use purple power to remove. Then go back over with trim shine or 303 protectant. I get the purple power at Walmart...You can buy a small spray bottle or it also comes in a gallon size...I use the purple power inside the fender wells also!!!Good luck. Enjoy the ride....
    Indy_Mike likes this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Likely View Post
    If you have road oil or any material below the rocker panel, use purple power to remove. Then go back over with trim shine or 303 protectant. I get the purple power at Walmart...You can buy a small spray bottle or it also comes in a gallon size...I use the purple power inside the fender wells also!!!Good luck. Enjoy the ride....
    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70040...61637&leid=534

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.