How to turn off airbag?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By retcad
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How to turn off airbag? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Tomorrow I have to make a 5-hour trip home from the Cleveland Clinic. My discharge instructions are that I must ...
    GringoEd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 4

How to turn off airbag?

Tomorrow I have to make a 5-hour trip home from the Cleveland Clinic. My discharge instructions are that I must not sit in a seat with an active airbag. How do I turn off the passenger side airbag in my 2012 SRX? Thanks for any help with this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Re: How to turn off airbag?

Quote Originally Posted by GringoEd View Post
    Tomorrow I have to make a 5-hour trip home from the Cleveland Clinic. My discharge instructions are that I must not sit in a seat with an active airbag. How do I turn off the passenger side airbag in my 2012 SRX? Thanks for any help with this.
    To the best of my knowledge there is no way, and is (IMO) probably illegal to do so anyhow. If it's a real concern, and depending on the specific reasons for the restriction, the back seat seems to be the only alternative.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Sit in the back seat. Yet the back seat has side curtain air bags too... so you could sit in the cargo area... but then you aren't belted in.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Whenever I want to turn off my airbag, I just tell my mother-in-law to get out of my car.
    allgm and stevec5375 like this.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Hmmm, very similar to the remedy I found for dealing with the squealing sound I have coming from the right/front of mine...

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    I had those issues for the first few weeks, then it's sort of like living near an airport, you just don't hear the plains any
    more.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
    I had those issues for the first few weeks, then it's sort of like living near an airport, you just don't hear the plains any
    more.
    Must be an airport in Nebraska.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.