Temperature
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jrose7004
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Temperature in Cadillac SRX Forums; All of a sudden my temperature is gone. I asked our local dealership and they said that that has nothing ...
    Cntrydebi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Temperature

All of a sudden my temperature is gone. I asked our local dealership and they said that that has nothing to do with the SRX, the temp display is satellite radio. Is that true? I mean really, even much less expensive vehicles have a temperature readout.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Temperature

Not true. Nothing to do with XM. You have a temp sensor in the front grill area. Find a better informed dealer

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

OMG

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Sort of about the temperature too - about the engine temperature I have noticed that SRX engine, at least if I refer to the temperature gauge on the dashboard, warms up very quickly. I mean really quickly comparing to other cars I had or rented. Even when it was around 0C outside I saw the gauge at ~30% only after two minutes of driving, less than a kilometer away from home. Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining, of course it is good that the engine warms up But I do the same route every morning and afternoon and I had a few cars to compare with. And, yes, once it warms up fully it stays approximately in the middle of the gauge, as it would be expected.

Is it just the way the engine temperature is shown? I think many other cars have the gauges that only start moving once the engine reaches certain temperature, maybe it is not the case for SRX engine?

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

My SRX engine temperature rises really fast too. Nothing to get alarmed about. If the needle stays in the middle, no problem. Drive and enjoy!!!

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

How could XM know your local temp? Dealers say the most ignorant things at times.
    allgm likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrydebi View Post
    All of a sudden my temperature is gone. I asked our local dealership and they said that that has nothing to do with the SRX, the temp display is satellite radio. Is that true? I mean really, even much less expensive vehicles have a temperature readout.
    Hi Cntrydebi,

I can see where the temperature display issue and dealership response would be frustrating. I would be happy to look in to this for you if you could please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership (the one you spoke to), and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by jrose7004 View Post
    How could XM know your local temp? Dealers say the most ignorant things at times.
    XM does offer Navtraffic and weather, but it has nothing to do with the constant temperature reading we assume the OP is referring to.

http://www.siriusxm.com/infotainment

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

It is possible that the salesman/ dealer didn't understand the question fully and thought perhaps it was the XM Weather temps that cntrydebi was referring to?

One would hope that the salesman would be informed well enough to give the right answers!

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    One would hope that the salesman would be informed well enough to give the right answers!
    That would be a refreshing change.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.