New to me 2012 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redwest
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New to me 2012 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Over the last 2 months i have been going back and forth on whether or not i should upgrade to ...
    Redwest is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New to me 2012 SRX

Over the last 2 months i have been going back and forth on whether or not i should upgrade to a newer model vehicle. I currently own a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with the hemi. It was my first vehicle i ever purchased and drove. Over the years i have put a lot of miles on it and over the last year or so it has started to rust out real bad. Living in the rust belt i should have been more proactive on preventing the rust with yearly oil sprays. Live and learn. With 172k miles on the truck i decided that i would start browsing at newer vehicles. I looked at many new cars, suv's and trucks. I quickly excluded cars from my search after a test drive of a Ford Fusion. After driving a truck for so many years being that low to the ground just wasnt the same and i didnt like it at all. I test drove a 2010 SRX with the 3.0 and found it decent but still wasnt what i was looking for. After a few more rides in various SUV's and Trucks i checked out this 2012 SRX and i fell in love with it. It was well within the range of my budget. There were other SUV's that i liked but were a bit out of the range i was comfortable with paying. I have only owned it for 1 day but i am real happy with the vehicle and the purchase price. After getting about 12 mpg's in the truck for the last several years i'm real happy with the fuel economy this provides. I look forward to driving it more and hopefully it lasts for many years to come.

Does anyone have any experience with the Dupont Protection Package they sell at the dealer? I purchased it and was just wondering if its going to be worth it in the long run. I would love to hear from anyone that had this done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Re: New to me 2012 SRX

Congrats! Welcome to the forum. We also bought a "new to us" 2012 a few months ago and LOVE it.

I don't have any experience with the DuPont treatment but I tend to say no to most "add ons".

I normally do as well, but this being the nicest vehicle i have purchased i kinda didnt mind the extra $10 added onto my monthly payments. I did turn down the extra insurance, on star, and the satellite radio they offered. With all that the price per month would have went through the roof. Hopefully it turns out well though and isnt just a scam to get me to spend a little more.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I owned a 2010 then a 2012 SRX and BTW: I loved both of them too! However, the 3.6 L engine 300+ HP was what I had really been wanting to have ... just love the added torque and power ...

I agree. I was unaware of the HP of the 3.6L prior to test driving it. And i was shocked when i gave it some gas. I like the smiles per gallon i get out of it.
    georule likes this.

chagrin falls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx perf, 2010 cts4 prem

if you're interested you can push the Onstar button on your rearview mirror and they should give you a complimentary 90 day trial-same applies to sirius radio. your dealer should have made you aware of this. i would never be without Onstar. enjoy your new srx-you made a great decision!

They did indeed set me up with the 90 day trial. I was chatting with the lady while i was driving it home. She just tried getting me to sign up for emergency minutes and went over a few plans with me. I told her i was just going to test out the trial period and will get back with them if i decide to go with it.

Noncon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Redwest View Post
    I told her i was just going to test out the trial period and will get back with them if i decide to go with it.
    Do they have your your credit card number? If so, its opt out, not opt in. Onstar will usually offer up a great deal on hands-free calling minutes, just to get your credit card number, doing so enables their Continuous Coverage.

No i never gave them my credit card number. The salesman told me not to otherwise they would automatically bill me.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Redwest View Post
    I like the smiles per gallon i get out of it.
    Love this!
    Welcome & congrats!!!

Thanks. I'll be doing some before and after pictures of this Dupont package. I take it in on the 27th to have it done. Not sure if there will be any difference but i will give my 2 cents on how it looks and holds up over time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.