Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :( in Cadillac SRX Forums; Searching for my dream car for my long daily commute, and using the Sonic vehicle locator application for smart phones, ...
    SRG963 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX LUX

Exclamation Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :(

Searching for my dream car for my long daily commute, and using the Sonic vehicle locator application for smart phones, I found the vehicle I wanted to purchase. It was a 2010 DTS Platinum Edition, with only 52k miles, and it was only one state away. I arrived at Cadillac of South Charlotte (Pineville) around noon on a Saturday. I approached the salesman I spoke with several months ago about locating this exact vehicle. I gave him all the info on the vehicle, since it was at another Sonic dealership, and things went down hill from there.

We started negotiating since I had a vehicle to trade in. Prices went back and forth for a half an hour or so, then it was time for me to leave the dealership and pick up my mother from her lunch appointment. My mother was also looking to trade in her vehicle on a Buick Encore, but I begged her to test drive a Cadillac SRX before deciding.

I was back at the dealership with my mother 30 minutes later. My mother was supposed to test drive a vehicle only, not purchase anything. Well, after driving a White Diamond with beige interior, she agreed to go pick up her vehicle to see where she stood. My mother isn't a fan of white vehicles, but she loved the beige interior and all the luxury the Cadillac offered. At this time, the salesman took off to find the keys to another SRX. I should have stopped the process at that point, but I was still trying to close the deal on the 2010 DTS Platinum Edition.

The salesman pushed my deal aside and proceeded to sell my mother a vehicle. The salesman pulled a White SRX with black interior around for my mother to test drive. My mother hates White with black interior, why she felt compelled to purchase that vehicle is beyond my comprehension....other than she felt we were both getting a good deal.

Back to my 2010 DTS Platinum Edition....I put down the $500 to transfer after the pricing was agreed upon. The salesman was supposed to call me Monday with more info. I purchased floor mats for the DTS, which I was expecting to own after a few days. Credit all approved, everything was signed, ready to go.

I got a call Monday from the Salesman asking me if I had contacted the other dealership (where the 2010 DTS Platinum Edition was located). Weird question, to which I answered no. He then proceeded to tell me that someone else had been looking at that vehicle and it was no longer available. What?!?!? I put down money on this vehicle, how could they sell it to someone else?

After I got off work, I drove directly to the dealership for answers. I told the Salesman I would be by after work. When I arrived, the salesman had left early for the day (wonderful customer service right?), so I was left speaking with the used car manager. The manager proceeded to tell me that he had told my salesman that someone else was looking to purchase the vehicle I found....but the salesman never relayed that very important information to me. In fact, we looked over the 2010 DTS Platinum Edition online, and had several conversations about it, never mentioning that it may not be available. He was concentrated on selling a car to my mother, I was second priority.

I always examine all vehicles very, very closely before purchasing...at least a full day of research on the vehicle....I had done no research on the SRX, other than taking the word of the salesman (never do this!). He stated the vehicle was "clean", "never been in a accident", and was a "one owner".

The SRX Cadillac of South Charlotte sold to my mother had several things wrong with it, including a hatch that wouldn't stay open, it would just flap up and down, then shut. I was told by the used car manager that the vehicle should not have been on the lot in that condition....but all the items were covered under the bumper to bumper warranty and fixed promptly. The salesman also told my mother everything in the first SRX that she test drove was in the second SRX that he was pushing on my mother, it was not. The vehicle sold to my mother was missing the handle buttons (found on newer models) and the cargo rack was also missing.

After closer examination, the SRX had it's front struts replaced at some point...there was not the standard GM markings on them, I looked at other SRX's on the lot. The struts on the SRX had a green and a yellow letter on the top of the strut body, and appeared to possibly be from a salvaged vehicle. The rear drivers side door has been repainted (very poorly) along with the front fender..

The entire reason for visiting this dealership was for me to trade in my vehicle on a 2010 DTS Platinum Edition, which didn't happen. My mother was pressured into purchasing a vehicle she doesn't like the colors of, granted she does like the vehicle, just not the color combo that was pushed on her. The vehicle she test drove was the same price...but the salesman didn't even mention that, I found that info later after the purchase. My mother could have had the interior color she wanted, with the features she wanted, at the price she wanted.

The salesman said he would keep an eye out for another DTS to suite my needs. Well, I found another DTS on the Sonic website days ago, and no call from the salesman still. There is no doubt in my mind he hasn't even looked, and doesn't care about my business.

I'm very dissapointed with Cadillac of South Charlotte.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Re: Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :(

The term "Buyer beware" has never been more true than when purchasing a car (especially a used one).

My father in law had a similar experience when buying a certified previously owned CTS. 6 months later we found out it was in a "moderate to severe" collision (words they used). Cadillac certified vehicles are supposed to come with a Carfax report, his did not. We insisted they take it back for an exchange on another model and after much negotiating we got them to apply both the original down payment as well as 6 months worth of payments towards a different model.

This not a knock on Cadillac; my cousin had a similar experience at Ford. My motto is "Go in there prepared to make a deal not a friend". Get them where it hurts and buy yours elsewhere. Good luck.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    At least dealers no longer put sawdust and honey in the oil anymore, or eggs in the radiator to stop leaks to sell a "used" car, or do they? I've had my share of used cars, but I still can't understand why so many people don't understand the perils of such a purchase, especially if you're told it was only driven to church by a little old lady. Those, of course, are the worst used cars to buy.
    SRG963 likes this.

86lxjunker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :(

Thanks for the info on South Charlotte Cadillac....we just moved to NC and one of the cars we are trying to decide on is the SRX.....we are closer to Hendrick Cadillac, but the South Charlotte location is closer to work. Any info on the Hendrick dealership ?

The SRX came with Carfax stating no accidents, but the doors and bumper have been repainted poorly. If done properly, I wouldn't have made this thread lol.

I'm mad at myself, I should have stoped her deal. The salesman wouldn't "close" my deal until my mother signed for the SRX, then I closed my deal on a already spoke for DTS. I was there at noon, and there was nobody (employees) left on site when we drove off. He kept us there all day!

The entire reason to visit the dealership was to purchase my DTS and my mother to test drive. It turned out opposite FML.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 86lxjunker View Post
    Thanks for the info on South Charlotte Cadillac....we just moved to NC and one of the cars we are trying to decide on is the SRX.....we are closer to Hendrick Cadillac, but the South Charlotte location is closer to work. Any info on the Hendrick dealership ?
    The service department at Cadillac of South Charlotte is one of the best I've visited!

I have no hesitation with taking any of my GM vehicles there for service.

I only have a issue on how everything went down that Saturday.

Take the time to look at all vehicles before purchase. Door jambs especially.

I know what to look for, but I didn't do any looking!

She was only there for a test drive :-(

Maybe some of you can tell me what the adhesive film around the door jambs is, that a northern thing?

--------

Here are the struts and minor front bumper damage....and I do mean minor.

DS

PS

----------

Here is the poor paint job

Look at the middle of the ridge, can you see the line of paint run?

And the inside rear drivers side door

----------

I still can't get over the paint job. Who paints half a door? WTF???

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Looks like seam sealer on the door jams to cover up paint break off point. Very bad body work all around. Not to sure what you can do now. Should of looked it over before you bought it. Not sure it is all the dealers fault.
    SRG963 likes this.

paid4c4 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

The marking on the strut assembles looks like markings from a junk yard? Probably bought used to make front end repairs of an unreported accident? Sad that your mother was deceived.
    Bill
    SRG963 likes this.

I know, I should have looked it over. I would have if I woulda known she was going to sign that day, she was just supposed to test drive and then sleep on it.

I bought some body moldings to hide the paint slop, and to protect from door dings.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Any time you buy a used car, you take a certified mechanic with you to the dealership to go over it. It may cost you a little bit of money up front, but in the end, it will be worth it. Sorry you got a bad deal.
    allgm and ladypro like this.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

There is a special place in hell for car salespeople. Assume with the first handshake and smile that they are liars and thieves. And dealerships are the ultimate enemy. Do your homework way ahead of time, confront bullshit immediately, buy the car, and never return (unless warranty work).

I always shake my head when I see people post....." so I took it back to the dealer for an oil change.............."

Wise up, people.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by retcad View Post
    There is a special place in hell for car salespeople. Assume with the first handshake and smile that they are liars and thieves. And dealerships are the ultimate enemy. Do your homework way ahead of time, confront bullshit immediately, buy the car, and never return (unless warranty work).

I always shake my head when I see people post....." so I took it back to the dealer for an oil change.............."

Wise up, people.
    Why is taking it to the dealer for an oil change a problem?

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I would trust my dealer with an oil change better than the in and out places you see around the mall. My dealer is always sending me discount coupons for services like oil changes. Plus if you have 2011 up its free.

hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Quote Originally Posted by 86lxjunker View Post
    Are you referring to the Fayetteville dealer? There are Hendricks dealers all over NC. We bought ours in Louisiana but now that we are in Fayetteville we have to use the local dealer and there so so, had a better feel for the one in La. Dealing with sales people is one thing put I care more about the service department as they are the ones you will be dealing with for the rest of the time you own the vehicle.

More pics. Found out the front drivers side fendor is not origional to the vehicle.

This fender came from a vehicle with pinstripes. Look closely at the picture, you can see the line.

----------

The buffed that front fender so much, they burnt the paint off the bumper line.

See the black line?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.