Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :( - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :( in Cadillac SRX Forums; That vehicle has been wrecked!!!!That dealer is really something!!!!I would demand my money back. Also i would be talking with ...
    Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

Re: Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :(

That vehicle has been wrecked!!!!That dealer is really something!!!!I would demand my money back. Also i would be talking with GM as soon as possible!!!!

SRG963 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX LUX

Re: Cadillac Of South Charlotte - My 6.5 Hour Terrible Experience Without Purchase :(

Emails have been sent to GM. GM has contacted my mother. Waiting to hear back from GM.

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Was your mother's car purchased as a certified pre owned?

If so, even with a clean Carfax report, the technicians that went over it should have caught these issues and disclosed them to the customer. They have a multipoint inspection process that would certainly reveal some of these issues. They can also check GM records to see what kind of service or repairs it's had in the past (provided they were performed at a GM dealer). If this is the case then do what I did and return it (my father in laws car). We got the deposit and 6 months worth of payments applied towards another vehicle.

If not a certified vehicle, well, your out of luck. They make no guarantees as to the history of the car and their inspection is limited to a test drive and quick visual inspection (primarily to make sure it's mechanically sound and that it will pass state inspection). If you didn't catch any flaws during your test drive why would they? Not sure you have much recourse in this case nor do I think the dealer has much responsibility here either.

Carfax only works if repairs are done through an insurance company claim or at a dealer that chooses to report. If paid for in cash a "Joe's" body shop there will be no record. Good luck.

Thanks for the support guys, and lesson learned. I really like the SRX, just wish the car was clean as promised. We have a carfax stating clean. Vehicle is not clean.

Found this today. Driver side is good.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

When it rains, it pours. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

The condensation is a common problem. Cadillac has been replacing them but you might get some resistance. Good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post

Thanks for the support guys, and lesson learned. I really like the SRX, just wish the car was clean as promised. We have a carfax stating clean. Vehicle is not clean.

Found this today. Driver side is good.
    It's only a matter of time before the driver's side becomes bad as well. Both of my front headlight assemblies had to be replaced due to condensation and standing water. In fact, one of them went completely dead due to standing water. The repair was done under warranty but the service adviser told me that the cost would have been around $2,000 each if it had been out of warranty.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    You need to contact your state's AG's office if you get no satisfaction from the dealership. There is little GM can do other than reprimand the dealership, who will simply blame Carfax. GM is not going to intercede. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not excluding any options.

I have dealt with this dealership in the past, when it was Arnold Palmer, and had nothing but good things to say about them. That's why I'm so shocked at the outcome of my latest visit.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi SRG963,

I am incredibly sorry for the unsatisfactory experience and resulting inconveniences caused by the poor service you received at this dealership. If you would like to PM me with your case number I would be happy to add the information shared in this forum, along with anything additional, to the information you have already given to GM directly.

If there is anything else I can do to assist with resolving this situation, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks.

What frustrates me most, is that the salesman continued to "sell" me the rare Cadillac I found, when he knew it wasn't available! Next on the list of frustrations, is the salesman first showed me and my mother the cargo rack, cargo cover, and the keyless entry (buttons on the handles). I guess we first test drove a 2011? He told us all the same features would be on our vehicle. None of them are!

I realize the dealership may have not known about the vehicle being in an accident of some sort (carfax shows clean)....but they should have caught the not origional to the vehicle parts on their 172 point inspection IMO. They definitely should have caught the rear hatch door malfunctioning!

----------

Added some door protection today. Really like the results, plus it hides that terrible hack paint job line on the rear driverside door lol

----------

And then I find this while wiping down the chrome

Bummer, headlights aren't covered under any kind of warranty (excluding OEM B2B).....looks like a $1200 fix for a little condensation

Guess headlights are not part of the 172 point inspection???

I'll probably drill some air vent holes into the housing and be done with it, or leave it as is and trade it in a year.....

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Buddy, I hate to tell you this, but you bought a pig with lipstick. This 2010 model is fraught with problems. To be honest with you, I'm scared as to what the next problem is going to be on this thing. It's not an "if" but a "when". I wish I had never bought it and you're headed down the same path. Sell the damn thing, take your loss, and move on. I'm planning on getting rid of mine before the wheels fall off. Yep, it's that bad.

^Thanks for the advise. I purchased the "top of the line" 3/36 extended warranty just in case. I plan on trading it in at the end of the year, if the numbers work out.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SRG963
    ^Thanks for the advise. I purchased the "top of the line" 3/36 extended warranty just in case. I plan on trading it in at the end of the year, if the numbers work out.
    You're kidding about buying an extended warranty? I'm sad to say you threw your money away, but hey, it's your money.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
    I thought your mother purchased the SRX?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.