Anybody makes a CAI for a 2012 SRX?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Anybody makes a CAI for a 2012 SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Been searching the internet and coming up with nothing. I see them for the 3.0 but not the 3.6. Any ...
    navycb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac SRX

Anybody makes a CAI for a 2012 SRX?

Been searching the internet and coming up with nothing. I see them for the 3.0 but not the 3.6. Any suggestions? I know they don't do much in terms of power but I like the sound. I have had them on every vehicle I have purchased since the Mid 90's. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Anybody makes a CAI for a 2012 SRX?

I guess the answer is no!!! Maybe I will have to make a custom one from a Spectre kit.

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    Only for the 3.0 V6. http://www.kpe-products.com/product-.../cadillac-srx/

K&N drop-in is your only choice for 2012 and up.

srs244 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

that's a shame (as i have a 2012 newly purchased also). i have found on previous vehicles that a CAI seems to help fuel economy a bit when the engine gets to breath a bit better. i would be interested in one also should someone come up with a solution to the OP question.

thanks

Wonder how much modification it would take to get a 3.0 version to work on our 3.6? Anyone tried that? Can't believe our 3.6 have been out for 2+ years and no one has even tried a CAI. Maybe I will get motivated and try it in the near future.......

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    A lot of work would go into a DIY intake. Testing, dyno time, etc....

Can't just slap one on as it affects airflow around the MAF.

But I'd love to see you succeed and post the results to the forum!

Anyone out there that can post a good pic of their 3.0? What I looked at on Google images is that the two engines look pretty close to each other. So I think the 3.0 kit will work with maybe just some slight adjustments. I made many DIY kits for my vehicles years ago and never had a problem. As long as I can get the air box to fit, the intake tube itself should not be that difficult to modify. Now I just need to find a deal on a 3.0 kit......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.