SRX Front Brake Duct Covers (Chrome, LED, etc..)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX Front Brake Duct Covers (Chrome, LED, etc..) in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    sweetlu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX - Luxury AWD

SRX Front Brake Duct Covers (Chrome, LED, etc..)

Just picked up “Selma” yesterday. My first Caddy and luxury car altogether. Man this Caddy is smooth like glass.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are chrome aftermarket covers to replace the stock ones. Would be great if it matches the upper and lower grilles.

Perhaps there is a kit that you can add a vertical LED strip to the cover as well.

Thanks for you responses in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rays B4U is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury Gray Flannel Metallic

Re: SRX Front Brake Duct Covers (Chrome, LED, etc..)

If you can't find any aftermarket suppliers for what you're looking for you might consider sending the trim bezels off and having them plastic chrome plated. There's a company out of Waco, Tx called Hydrotex Designs that does this. I'm not affiliated with them nor have I ever seen their work in-person but they say it's durable enough for car grilles, etc. I can't find a webpage for them other than their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hydrotexdesigns

Good luck!

pusatekm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Luxury Crystal Red Tintcoat with Nav

I have looked high and low for this same thing. All I can find are the mesh chrome ones from E&G Classics or the ones that have LEDs across the top above the outlet for the factory fogs. I don't have the factory fogs and would just like duct covers that have LEDs. I think that I am just going to make my own. I will pop out the factory covers and lay a strip of LEDs (3M tape) around the lower lip running up the outside and then pop them back in. I'll just tap the wires into the ignition. It just does't look that easy to get those covers out. I was hoping to be able to pry them out from the front, but now I am hearing that you have to pinch clips from the back. If I can get to them from underneath the car I will still do it. If I have to take the wheels and fender liner off then I won't.

pusatekm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Luxury Crystal Red Tintcoat with Nav

IMG_0825.jpg IMG_0822.jpgI did this instead of trying to get the brake duct covers out and add lights to them. It looks awesome day or night.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.