Radio Removal Instructions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By baldor18
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Radio Removal Instructions in Cadillac SRX Forums; Wondering if anyone here has access to the instructions on removing the radio face plate so that the radio box ...
    davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Question Radio Removal Instructions

Wondering if anyone here has access to the instructions on removing the radio face plate so that the radio box can be removed? It would be great to have the official GM instructions/pics.

I'm once again battling the issues of the OnStar light on the mirror intermittently turning red (instead of green). Last time this happened I had OnStar run a diagnostic and it came back with an error that pointed to a problem with the OnStar antenna. I can re-seat the coax where the OnStar antenna plugs into the OnStar box, and the problem clears up for a week or a few days, but then re-occurs. According to some pics I've found the onstar antenna wire also runs to the radio box. Since I had my radio replaced I'm wondering if they didn't get the OnStar coax cable snapped on well.

I'm under warranty, but I've had it in for this issue and they can't seem to find anything wrong (plus the light always decides to go back to green when it's at the dealership.

Anybody else have this issue and get it resolved?

Thanks ahead of time for any instructions/pics!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baldor18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Re: Radio Removal Instructions

i have the same issue, but i haven't been able to remove the stereo to take a look, i would also like to have the instructions. Thanks
    davedogcaddy likes this.

If I had to guess I would say replacing the Onstar harness that goes between the Onstar box and the radio would fix the issue. It's only about $60. But I would still have to figure out how to remove the radio...

FINALLY!

I don't know how many times I have Googled various combinations of key words, but I finally found instructions on removing the radio!

Here is a linky to a pdf:
    http://intraphex.com/wp-content/uplo...all-Manual.pdf

Not an official GM procedure, but it has pictures. Looks like it's for some sort of aftermarket equipment.

I just re-seated the OnStar antenna coax at the OnStar box (again) last night - so for now my LED is green - but the next time it turns red I think I'm going to try this.

baldor18 - please report back if you discover any info/solution either on your own or from your dealer. There seems to be very little info on this issue. I have about a month and a half of warranty left but my dealership is pretty much clueless on a fix so I want some concrete info before I waste time with them again.

I've saved a copy of this PDF in case this the website hosting it every goes away.

EDIT: Bonus: CTS Radio Removal instructions from them as well:
    http://intraphex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/CTS-Install-Manual.pdf

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic
    I had this issue on my 2010. The dealer replaced the roof OnStar antenna and it fixed it. Hasn't came back in three years!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I had this issue on my 2010. The dealer replaced the roof OnStar antenna and it fixed it. Hasn't came back in three years!
    Captain! THANK YOU! This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! Now I feel like I might be able to get somewhere with my dealership!

You wouldn't happen to still have your invoice from that repair would you? It would be awesome if you could post it here so I'd have a repair description and part number(s) - my dealership really needs their hands held with this sort of thing.

THANKS again!

I hate to beat a dead horse here - but the red light finally came back on during the drive home tonight so I'm going to take it to the dealership in the morning......Captain - if you still have your paperwork from those repairs and could provide me with any details on exactly what part was replaced that would be great - a part number would be even better.

I'm assuming the 'roof antenna' is the painted base that the whip antenna screws into?

Thanks in advance!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    Captain! THANK YOU! This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for! Now I feel like I might be able to get somewhere with my dealership!

You wouldn't happen to still have your invoice from that repair would you? It would be awesome if you could post it here so I'd have a repair description and part number(s) - my dealership really needs their hands held with this sort of thing.

THANKS again!
    One of the many "mystery" problems that The Captain had that he didn't share with us while we were all bitching about our 2010 SRX issues. <shakes head>

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    One of the many "mystery" problems that The Captain had that he didn't share with us while we were all bitching about our 2010 SRX issues. <shakes head>
    I'm sorry, How does this comment contribute towards a solution?

The Saga Continues:

Well, when I went to pull out of the driveway this morning to take the SRX to the dealership, the light was back to green again!

I called ahead and spoke with a Service Adviser, explaining the whole issue, and asking if OnStar had picked up a trouble code for the Antenna (B2470), and they had a record of this on my active OnStar account - was this enough to go ahead and do an antenna replacement? No. They have to have their computer tell them it's bad. They offered to take a look again, and I explained that last time I bought it in with the green light they came up with nothing. I went ahead and dropped it off anyway, giving them all kinds of info on the problem.

Later today my service Adviser called and said "Well, you were right again" (I was the one who told them how to fix the radio reset issue, and the XM pause issue). He joked that they were going to have to hire me for consolation. lol

Anyway, new antenna is on order - should be in middle of next week, for now I've got my SRX back. I asked if they could just call me once they got it painted and the service adviser had no idea what I was talking about. I explained everywhere I saw the antenna for sale it was unpainted. He said "I guess we'll find out when it gets here"

Captain - I'm assuming yours had to be painted to match the car?

Anyway - thrilled this is finally getting resolved. As usual you have to go in there knowing more than they do to get anything accomplished when it comes to the electronics on this car. Thanks to everyone for the help here. I will update next week on the outcome.

UPDATE:

Antenna Base was replaced today. Part number is 20870293 'F-BASE' (although this may vary with options, mine is fully loaded with NAV, etc). Paperwork notes that antenna was 'Shorted'

All is well so far - but only time will tell.

Interesting fact if you are looking to to the swap yourself: Yes, the antenna comes unpainted (black), but apparently you can swap the 'guts' out and use your old 'cover' - I found this out because I only trust this dealership as far as I can throw it so I used a sharpie and made a mark on my antenna base out of sight under the whip antenna. Checked it on delivery, mark was still there. Service adviser had no explanation and had to track down the tech that worked on it who produced the original antenna and explained what he did to avoid painting the new one. This is was actually a great idea as you don't have to worry about the paint matching, and saves labor.

So I ended up looking a little silly - but I'm running out of warranty in a few weeks and wanted to be sure it was done right.

Again, check your part numbers because there are several versions based on your options, but it looks like Amazon has a good deal on the Antenna if you are out of Warranty: http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-208702...words=20870293

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.