Require opinion saffire blue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Require opinion saffire blue in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi All . My dealer has been trying to come up with a 2014 premium for me without the extra ...
    shoeman is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

Require opinion saffire blue

Hi All . My dealer has been trying to come up with a 2014 premium for me without the extra paint surcharge so he can get me out of my 2013 Plat Tri Coat White Luxury model and into a 2014 Premium, within my budget. My first choice was Silver coast with Shale Brownstone interior. All that is available is Saffire Blue with the same interior. I have not seen the color in person, and he does not have a car in any line in that color available. I deal with this one sales mngr for years , he said on a chev yes , Cadillac no , not high end looking. Do not want to make a mistake here . As it is this car is 5 hrs away, and he has to go get it. Opinions Please . Thx Shoe

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Require opinion saffire blue

If a paint surcharge is keeping you from buying, perhaps you should not be going into debt any further.

The paint surcharge is simply pushing the envelope more than I want to be in my lease payments. Besides, I personally believe that a 1,200 paint surcharge that works out to an additional 25.00 per month is not money well spent.

JohninBC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance AWD Crystal Red/Ebony

I looked at a Sapphire Blue Performance last week before I bought my 2014 Crystal Red. The day I was making the deal it was very cloudy and I found the blue quite dark. At first I wasn't sure it was blue. If it had been a sunny day, I would probably have a blue SRX in the garage instead of red. Having said that, I do love the Crystal Red, same as my last CTS Sport Wagon.
    If you want to see a good picture of the Sapphire Blue, check out the thread on pin stripping that is current, very nice picture of a Sapphire Blue SRX.

----------

Sorry Shoeman, the SRX I was referring to is 2013 Xenon Blue, not Sapphire Blue. I'm thinking the Sapphire Blue is darker.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by shoeman View Post
    The paint surcharge is simply pushing the envelope more than I want to be in my lease payments. Besides, I personally believe that a 1,200 paint surcharge that works out to an additional 25.00 per month is not money well spent.
    I agree. Have you looked at buying? GM is having supplier pricing now I think. Good, not great deals.

caddydaddy2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Saphire blue is GORGEOUS! I got 2014 perfect w caramel interior ! Not high end? Every car right now the hottest color is dark blue. Form mercedes to bmw to vette. Sales manager trying to sell u car on lot! And up charge for paint !

image-3448738868.jpg
    ladypro likes this.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Pretty when it is clean. Like all really dark cars tho, hard to keep looking clean.

In other than good natural light it can look black.

Had a loaner 2014 XTS in that color for several days. I couldn't stand how dirty it looked and paid on my own dime to take it thru a car wash (tho to be fair, it was winter here and we have real winter). But clean, it is very nice looking.

I had a black Pontiac Fiero back in the day --cured me of ever owning a car that dark again.

Guy in another thread around here just bought a Sapphire Blue, and he's happy with it. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-saphire.html

And, yeah, I have a Silver Coast Metallic (tho I think of it as "champagne") with shale/brownstone interior.

I've had 6 caddys all new all loaded...and I've gotten more head turns with my sweet saphire, then any other. Yes you have to keep her clean. But it's a CADDY.....you gotta make her always look good.

image-1672079211.jpg

Interior: caramel/ebony
    Lencarguy likes this.

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

Saffire Blue looks great in the sunlight. They do look black when it's cloudy but hey, there's nothing wrong with black.

MI-SRX is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

I've owned black and blue cars in the past and never again. Both look great when clean but don't stay that way long.

Dark blue is better than black 'cause it stays clean longer - 45 seconds for blue vs. 30 seconds for black.

Red is better 'cause it stays clean for up to 90 seconds.
    GMJim, allgm, Marc NY and 1 others like this.

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

I like dark cars. In summer it is a bit of inconvenience because of the heat but, in general, they look great. The problem is that I can only appreciate this look when it is on my driveway right after I washed it

A little bit of dirt and it becomes very very visibly dirty. In winter most of the time it means (in my area) - one trip to the school and we are done.

Also, any minor scratch or bump is highly visible on the darker cars.

Another thing is washing. I prefer to wash my cars myself. Dark cars do not tolerate incorrect washing techniques, they get swirls quickly and they are highly visible under sunlight. So, usually only the passionate owner can wash it properly. Not only this is quite a pleasant work, I _think_ I know how to do it right and I do care about my car's finish. So, two buckets, grit guards, proper shampoo, nice mitt, clean microfiber and nice thick microfiber towels for drying. Quick detailer, good liquid wax...Staying away from any car washes that touch the car, being very suspicious about any hand-wash places unless you know them well. Using the contact-less car washes in winter only as last resort, ONR...If all this does not sound inspiring, I would think twice about getting the dark car.
    ladypro likes this.

Thank you everyone . I appreciate all your input. I agree with the last post about dark colors and keeping them clean. I to wash my cars all the time and only go to the car wash during the salty and snowy winter months, and always wanting my ride to look clean. I am going to call my dealer and see if he can get his hands on the Silver coast that is out of town. If not he has a Platinum Tri coat just as mine is now on the way and I will get that one. Shoe

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

I have tried to choose something in between and given the very limited inventory of the vehicles (Premium) I have picked the red one. Not too dark, not white. BTW, Silver Coast really looks nice but there was no one available anywhere close enough. And white...I like white, my old car was alpine-white and did look very shiny when clean. And when dirty it did not look that dirty either But I believe we have only so many cars to try in our life so trying different colors is important

Quote Originally Posted by ngrigoriev View Post
    I have tried to choose something in between and given the very limited inventory of the vehicles (Premium) I have picked the red one. Not too dark, not white. BTW, Silver Coast really looks nice but there was no one available anywhere close enough. And white...I like white, my old car was alpine-white and did look very shiny when clean. And when dirty it did not look that dirty either But I believe we have only so many cars to try in our life so trying different colors is important
    The issue that I am having is that almost every car in the Toronto area is either White which I have now , or Black and most as well have Black interior. I am not a fan of Black interiors , as they do not look rich to me , and tend to be just to dark. I have seen the Silver coast and it has a nice rich look to it. Shoe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.