SRX engine +stereo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX engine +stereo in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have owned several Eldorados and then SRX's. My 2013 SRX is a wonderful vehicle. There are two concerns about ...
    Doctor J is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

SRX engine +stereo

I have owned several Eldorados and then SRX's. My 2013 SRX is a wonderful vehicle. There are two concerns about the SRX. One is My friends who all drive SUV's One has a Porsche Cayenne S, and another has an Audi something and the last one of my friends has a Infinity FX 50. All of these suv's have one thing in common that my SRX does not have HORSEPOWER. Sure the V-6 I have is fine, but I would like to see Cadillac offer the new twin-turbo V-6 as an option for those of us loyal Cadillac owners to at least keep up to the German suv's and the Infinity even the Jeep 5.7 left me behind. Please make that engine available . Maybe Cadillac could also upgrade the stereo in the SRX aswell. I had to take my SRX in for something(cant remember what) I was given a XTS I think that had a real good stereo compared to mine. More speakers and a lot more power. I would like to see that stereo in the SRX. It seems to me that such a beautiful vehicle like the SRX is always a couple steps behind . Come on Cadillac take two giant steps forward
    Doctor J

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Re: SRX engine +stereo

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post
    I have owned several Eldorados and then SRX's. My 2013 SRX is a wonderful vehicle. There are two concerns about the SRX. One is My friends who all drive SUV's One has a Porsche Cayenne S, and another has an Audi something and the last one of my friends has a Infinity FX 50. All of these suv's have one thing in common that my SRX does not have HORSEPOWER. Sure the V-6 I have is fine, but I would like to see Cadillac offer the new twin-turbo V-6 as an option for those of us loyal Cadillac owners to at least keep up to the German suv's and the Infinity even the Jeep 5.7 left me behind. Please make that engine available . Maybe Cadillac could also upgrade the stereo in the SRX aswell. I had to take my SRX in for something(cant remember what) I was given a XTS I think that had a real good stereo compared to mine. More speakers and a lot more power. I would like to see that stereo in the SRX. It seems to me that such a beautiful vehicle like the SRX is always a couple steps behind . Come on Cadillac take two giant steps forward
    Doctor J
    What model SRX do you have? I believe only the Perfomance and Premium trims have the upgraded stereo.

~Tina~

Performance

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

You have the 20" wheels so that is probably going to dull the 0-60 acceleration. Probably .2-4 secs at most.
    The Cts with 19" wheels and fe3 suspension and the ford edge sport with 22" wheels have the same issue.
    About the only thing you can do now is go to lighter weight 18s and see if someone will tune the engine and transmission for you. Also, if you have an awd that is going to take the edge off of the acceleration.
    The base srx is 200 lbs lighter than a awd loaded srx.

The other thing is that the 3.6l just doesn't have a lot of tq down low. You gotta be at 4000 rpms to get into the hp band.

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

If you go into the stereo settings, you can change the calibration from center to driver oriented. I find driver oriented setting sounds pretty good.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

I've had the 2014 XTS as a dealer loaner too. . .yeah, the stereo is noticeably beefier compared to my SRX Luxury (with the 10 speaker Bose, that upgrade comes with Navigation). Tho I noticed somebody had already cranked the bass and treble on the XTS (which I have cranked on my SRX already).

I find my SRX stereo adequate for my needs, but I'm not hardcore about such things. At any rate, the XTS setup is definitely a noticeable improvement over the SRX in my experience with both, IMO.

I like the feel of AWD acceleration. Feels very even and surefooted. I like that a lot better than feeling like being "pulled" by a FWD.

I'm coming out of a 2004 Dodge Durango w/5.7L Hemi. My Cadillac dealer called that "a rocketship". No, my SRX doesn't have that kind of torque, but I generally find it pretty satisfying. Because it's smaller and handles better, I'm actually more willing to *use* its torque than my old boat of a Durango.

Still, a twin-turbo would be a nice option for the SRX. If they offer it with the AWD (they don't on the CTS --too much torque for the AWD transfer case?).

IMHO turbo engines make their torque in the higher end of the power band. I think that it is something like 369 ft, lbs of torque(twin turbo) is not enough to have drive train fatigue. Now a supercharged engine has the torque in the right now band. Then the drive train would have some thing to think about.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

IMHO turbo engines make their torque in the higher end of the power band. I think that it is something like 369 ft, lbs of torque(twin turbo) is not enough to have drive train fatigue. Now a supercharged engine has the torque in the right now band. Then the drive train would have some thing to think about.
    The 3.5L Ecoboost V6 in the Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT has 350 lb/ft of torque at 1,500 rpm. My MKT moves down the road like a rocket compared to the wife's SRX. There is no reason GM couldn't put an engine like this in their lineup.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I think you might be thinking of older turbo engines. Manufacturers have moved to twin turbos that are physically smaller so they spool up at and provide more boost at lower rpms then the larger single turbos of the '80s and '90s. In most instances the smaller twin turbos make LESs power at high rpms than the larger single turbos. So they are big on low and midrange power but near redline the response is not linear. This is very true especially with the 2.0 4 cylinder small single turbos. Sometimes their redline are lower than the same engine that is naturally aspirated.
    The 6 speed fwd transaxle that was jointly designed by ford and GM has a torque limit. Both the 3.6 GM twin turbo and ford 3.5 Ecoboost are detuned for tq(not up)in these applications. In the ford trucks and caddy cts they produce about 50 lb ft of tq more.

That is very interesting about new turbo engines. Thank You for that. I would like everybody that checks this thread to check out the stereo that Jeep puts in their Grand Cherokee Summit. Awesome!!! When its time to trade my 2013 SRX in. Instead of waiting for Cadillac to upgrade the SRX I will be looking at that model of Jeep. It is really nice and I could get a Hemi. 360 horses(wish it was 410 hp) and awesome stereo that might change this loyal Cadillac owner to a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit owner

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

It would be nice just to have options in the engines and sound systems for our SRX's. I love our 2012 Premium but wish it had more pep in the engine which a turbo would easily provide. Our SRX is listed as the same horsepower as our 2009 Infiniti FX35 had but our Infiniti would run cycles around our SRX. As for the sound system even Bose's best is poor. The adage goes "No highs, No Lows it must be Bose." Our Corvette also has Bose and it is also lacking in sound quality. We know Cadillac is building cars with turbos so step up to the plate and hit a home run for those of us who want a few options for our next SRX.
    Bill

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    It would be nice just to have options in the engines and sound systems for our SRX's. I love our 2012 Premium but wish it had more pep in the engine which a turbo would easily provide. Our SRX is listed as the same horsepower as our 2009 Infiniti FX35 had but our Infiniti would run cycles around our SRX. As for the sound system even Bose's best is poor. The adage goes "No highs, No Lows it must be Bose." Our Corvette also has Bose and it is also lacking in sound quality. We know Cadillac is building cars with turbos so step up to the plate and hit a home run for those of us who want a few options for our next SRX.
    Bill
    Bose spends huge sums of money on their marketing. It's name recognition as opposed to quality. Be glad you got a 2012 SRX. It has a larger engine than my 2010 Premium. I feel like I need to get out and push sometimes.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Bose spends huge sums of money on their marketing. It's name recognition as opposed to quality. Be glad you got a 2012 SRX. It has a larger engine than my 2010 Premium. I feel like I need to get out and push sometimes.
    I drove a 2010 SRX when I bought our FX35. The SRX was so poor I thought there was something wrong with it and took it back so the salesman could have it looked at and repaired. He then broke the news to me that it wasn't broken!
    Bill
    stevec5375 likes this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    I drove a 2010 SRX when I bought our FX35. The SRX was so poor I thought there was something wrong with it and took it back so the salesman could have it looked at and repaired. He then broke the news to me that it wasn't broken!
    Bill
    I wish I had done the same. It was a mistake that I'll hopefully never repeat.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

The head rest speakers in the XTS definitely help. It has 14 speakers to the SRX 10. I'm not a Bose defender, but I think it could be better sound in the SRX even without switching providers.

Also, I just noticed the V6 turbo XTS (410HP) is available in AWD. Price tag is $64k and up, however. . .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.