2012 SRX - "Pre-Certified" Pre-Owned Warranty - Was the dealer lying to me?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jrose7004
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 SRX - "Pre-Certified" Pre-Owned Warranty - Was the dealer lying to me? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I bought a 13' CTS-V last month and my wife liked it so much (she never liked cadillac before) that ...
    BigTymer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

2012 SRX - "Pre-Certified" Pre-Owned Warranty - Was the dealer lying to me?

I bought a 13' CTS-V last month and my wife liked it so much (she never liked cadillac before) that we went out and bought a used 12' Cadillac SRX Performance.

While I was with the finacing guy, he tried to sell me the Cadillac "Certified" Warranty. I explained to him that the Carfax states that the car is already Cadillac Pre-Owned Certified but he tried to tell me that it wasnt and the car was only "Cadillac PRE Certified Pre owned." I didnt feel like he was being truthful and passed on the certified warranty charge.

Well, the Carfax states it is certified, not "pre-certified" and it sounded more to me like he was trying to pull a "fast one" on me and get me to pay for a warranty that already existed.

Can anyone give me their thoughts? Was he trying to screw me over paying for a warranty that was already there or is there really a "pre-certified" warranty?

The Carfax still should be up for a few days and the link is below...
    http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...FNBE30CS592355

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    You should have received a warranty statement for the remaining bumper to bumper coverage and, any certified preowned coverage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

It clearly states on the dealer website certified when you search it. I'm also curious they replaced three tires. Do you have one tire that is worn substantially more than the other?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Re: 2012 SRX - "Pre-Certified" Pre-Owned Warranty - Was the dealer lying to me?

Adamjeeps, youre 100% right, it does state that on thier website, i did a couple of printouts for my records as well. Thanks!

honestly, i didnt even look at the tires, two of the whels have some nasty curb rash so I had already planned on changing them out....

I also took a photo while sitting in the dealership of the salesman screen showing the webpage up of the car and you can see the certified icon as well.

I think with all of the info I have, i should have no problem threatening a lawsuit if they tried to say the car didnt have the certified warranty.

In all, i walked out with that car for 28,300 before TTL.... Im upset that he lied to me about the warranty. He also tried to throw in some other crap without telling me but when I got to the main contract page for the financing, I relaized they had an extra $1,000 on the car. "oops" he said and then made it right. I was happy with the sales guy but the way I was treated in the final moments will cause me to never go back to that dealer.

I plan on calling Cadillac's HQ to express my opinion as well. Love the cars (hell, bought two just in 2014 already!) but crap like this is just WRONG.

I just hope you have a legal document stating your vehicle has the CPO coverage. I have never heard of "pre-certified". That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I just bought a different brand CPO (Lincoln MKT) and spent two months researching all the CPO programs, so I am 99% sure he was trying to pull a fast one on you.

Sadly, I bet he has ripped off some other unsuspecting buyers, though.

going to give caddy a call in the morning..... Regardless, if it came down to it, I would sue them even if it cost more than the warranty or repair cost, just for the principle..... il update when i get more info

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

BigTymer.... If you were worried about the warranty, and the dealership not being truthful, why even do business with them!!!!!

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by BigTymer View Post
    going to give caddy a call in the morning..... Regardless, if it came down to it, I would sue them even if it cost more than the warranty or repair cost, just for the principle..... il update when i get more info
    Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

jrose7004 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

One of the things I absolutely hate is dealing with the finance guy. Biggest hassle of the whole process and it seems that they do try and run things past you to get the ticket up as much as they can.
    stevec5375 likes this.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Finance guys make a huge commission trying to make you feel stupid about not buying warranties. Only an extra 20 a month, they'll say. Plus, they know you're excited about buying a new car and you're on 'spending auto-pilot'. How these thieves sleep at night has always been a mystery to me.

Update 1 :

This morning:

I spoke with Cadillac's customer service (1-800-458-8006). They stated that it can take 6-8 weeks for the CPO so show up in VISS. He spoke with the dealership and verified that the car is CPO and holds the CPO warranty. He noted that if I have any problems with the warranty, I am to call him at his extension and he will make sure I am covered.

My 13' CTS-V is sitting up at the same dealership right now waiting for a "mount" to fix my drivers Recaro seat (rocks back and forth while turning) so I will have a chat with the GM on my concerns as well when I go to pick it up.

Update 2 :

Just now

Dealer called me up and said that they didn't submit the paperwork for the certification as they "thought" I was buying it as a non certified. (yeah whatever)

So they Said to make sure I am taken care of, they are certifying the car at no charge to me and will be emailing me a couple document to sign for the warranty.

So I guess in the end, talking to Cadillac's customer service line really does work pretty well.... I may not be 100% happy with the dealership but the way Cadillac handled this exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier with them....

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    The finance/money person is always the best salesperson/liar in the dealership; no ifs, ands, or buts about it. They know every trick of the trade and there is no way you can beat them. As long as you're happy don't think/worry about the extra hundreds or thousands of dollars you gave the dealership to get that new or used car off the lot.

----------

Whenever you get a call, email, or letter that you are a "loyal" customer aka sucker you should go looking for another dealership as they have your number as someone who they made a lot of money on and you did not realize it.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

I'm glad it worked for you. That said if I had other Cadillac Dealer options I wouldn't use this dealer again. They've proven in their attempted fraudulent sale of a warranty which already existed to be dishonest. I am surprised GM/Cadillac would put up with this type of business model from one of their dealers. Thanks for the Carfax link which identified the dealer.
    Bill

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTymer View Post
    Update 1 :

This morning:

I spoke with Cadillac's customer service (1-800-458-8006). They stated that it can take 6-8 weeks for the CPO so show up in VISS. He spoke with the dealership and verified that the car is CPO and holds the CPO warranty. He noted that if I have any problems with the warranty, I am to call him at his extension and he will make sure I am covered.

My 13' CTS-V is sitting up at the same dealership right now waiting for a "mount" to fix my drivers Recaro seat (rocks back and forth while turning) so I will have a chat with the GM on my concerns as well when I go to pick it up.

Update 2 :

Just now

Dealer called me up and said that they didn't submit the paperwork for the certification as they "thought" I was buying it as a non certified. (yeah whatever)

So they Said to make sure I am taken care of, they are certifying the car at no charge to me and will be emailing me a couple document to sign for the warranty.

So I guess in the end, talking to Cadillac's customer service line really does work pretty well.... I may not be 100% happy with the dealership but the way Cadillac handled this exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier with them....
    Hello BigTymer,

Thank you very much for keeping this thread updated! I am glad to hear that our Customer Care team on the phones were able to assist you with your concern! Please feel free to keep us with further updates and you can always private message Laura or myself on the forum if you have any further questions or concerns with your new vehicle.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.