2013 SRX Remote Start - How Does it Work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 SRX Remote Start - How Does it Work in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi all, I'm sitting here at the dealership and I don't think I'm receiving correct information to my questions on ...
    goddesspt2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Crystal Red/Ebony SRX Premium

2013 SRX Remote Start - How Does it Work

Hi all,

I'm sitting here at the dealership and I don't think I'm receiving correct information to my questions on the remote start and how it is supposed to work. Here are my questions:

1. What exactly is supposed to turn on when remote start is activated? Front Defrost, Rear Defrost, Heat or AC depending on temperature, Heated or Cooled Seats if the options are set up under settings.

2. I understand the manual says it will turn things on based on previous settings. So that means I leave Auto on, and the Rear Defrost on? Do I also need to leave heated or cooled seat buttons on (even though this option is selected under settings)?

3. Can I have both the heated and cooled seats setting on at the same time or do they cancel each other out? I would think not, but I can't get any clear answers.

I have tried various combinations of things and nothing seems to work. The dealer says the only thing that should happen with remote start is that when I actually turn the vehicle on hot air will come out immediately.

Any help on understanding what is supposed to happen and steps I need to take to make this happen would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Re: 2013 SRX Remote Start - How Does it Work

In Settings in CUE you can tell it whether to have the heated seats come on with a remote start. I don't know about ventilated seats, as my model doesn't have them. Oddly, tho, when you get in the car and are still required to hit the start button on the dash to actually drive off, that will turn the heated seats off and you have to remember to use the control below the CUE screen to turn them on again. Remote start does not, however, turn on all the electronics. . .like for instance you won't be able to tell looking at the control faceplate that your heated seats are on (i.e. the control will not be lit up), but presumably your bottom will know.

Sadly, remote start won't turn the heated steering wheel on, which would be nice (i.e. there is no option for it in the CUE settings).

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: 2013 SRX Remote Start - How Does it Work

Geo is correct, also the rear defrost comes on if set, the seats will cancel each other out, and the HVAC will try for hot on front defrost (under remote start - rather than your settings). The HVAC won't do anything if the engine temperature isn't enough to blow any heat though, so don't expect that if you are in colder climates.
    Once you push button start, all of your previous settings will go back (HVAC) and the seats will need to be restarted.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.