Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Audison Prima line... the stereo answer i have been waiting for?

10K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  excelon72 
#1 ·
Audison recently announced a new OEM integration product line.
http://www.bpgautosound.com/uncateg...he-oem-integrator-a-historical-turning-point/
I am a stereo nut. and my previous car a very modified 2007 scion tc had over 9k in sound quality stereo. But with the new SRX i did not want to modify it to that point. At the end of the day it is still an suv that i will need to use as such. So after having my stereo place open my srx up i got an estimate of $7500.00 for a stealth Audison/Hertz system. The price was a little daunting at first but even though the Bose 10 speaker system isnt bad , it is not as good as what i am used to, so i started saving.

Then Audison releases this series and i make a few calls and do some research and i think this is what i am looking for. With the old quoted system everything had to be custom mounted. Lots of cutting and drilling and panel modification. Now would that system have been better than the Prima system.... YES.... but at several times the cost and lots of unreversable modification and diminished utility.
The Audison Prima line is direct OEM replacement using super high quality Audison parts. The 6, 6.5 inch speakers will be replaced, the 2 tweeters and the 1 3 or 4" in the dash ( that may require a little modification). Along with the 8 channel amp/DSP and an add on amp for the subs. The one modification i will be doing is mounting 2, 8" Prima subs in the tailgate powered by the add on amp.

All this andit will be invisible and not interfere in anyway with the CUE system, which except for a few issues i have grown to love. Seems that the base system will be about $2,000.00. I am guessing the one i am looking at will be more like $3500.00 without customization but still half the price. I really like the cargo management system in the SRX AND the storage compartment so i do not want to mount a sub in the floor so this seems like a god sent. We will see how it turns out when my stereo guys get back from CES and let me know what we are looking at. Will post pics of the project.

See less See more
#9 ·
Anyone know EXACTLY the size and number of speakers in a 2013 SRX with the Bose 10 spkr package?
I am assuming this configuration or on of the 2
2x apillar tweeters
2x front door woofers
2x rear door woofers
2x tailgate woofers
1xsubwoofer?
1x dash speaker

OR
2x apillar tweeters
2x front door woofers
2x rear door woofers
2x tailgate woofers
2x rear door tweeters

#11 ·
This thread seems to have stalled.

I figured I'd stop in and update where I'm at.

My local installer has just received most of the Prima line and his tech has just returned from Audison training on the new line. The demo vehicle they worked on for training was a Porsche with a Bose OEM. They set up an 8.9 system running all speakers, but leaving the OEM Bose sub module intact while feeding it corrected output from the 8.9.

My plan is to have an AP8.9 installed and powering all the OEM speakers (sans Center & sub) for the interim. They looked at the current OEM bass module and it looks like they can use its integrated amp with the AP8.9 processed signal.

The center is up in the air right now, and they will have to see if it handles BT/Nav prompt. The install shop feels it doesn't add any value to a properly processed and tuned signal. If it does carry voice prompts, it will likely be left powered by the OEM amp.

I would go ahead and install the Prima speakers as well, but we are still debating which will work best in my CTS wagon. They don't have the AP8 woofers in yet and are initially leaning to running the AP8 in the door, and a midrange/tweet in the dash. Since the new APx.9 bits are happy at 2ohm loads, the OEM Bose will likely pose no problem for the 8.9 amp.

At some point, the next step would be to get the front stage and rears replaced. Then a proper sub and AP1D amp after that.

By no means is this 'cheap'. The AP8.9 is $1k alone and the remote controller adds $200.

It is still a good savings (and space too) over a full blown Bit One and external 8ch amp though.

I actually like the idea of taking this 'staged' install route. I'll get to hear what just the processor can do on its own and then evaluate the improvement of mids/tweets, and finally a proper sub.

I'll post back as I have updates.

#13 ·
No i have not. My neighboring townhouse had a small fire but it was large enough to severely damage my den. Even though insurance covered most of it i decided to remodel it and the extra money i had set aside vanished quickly. My wifes CTS gets paid off this summer and i look at it again then. I do not want to stage it so the system is about 4500.00 total which is still cheaper than the original 7500.00. We will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.