Trouble setting memory seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Trouble setting memory seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have had numerous vehicles with memory seats. I just set them and forget them. On my 2014 SRX I ...
    Movinon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance

Trouble setting memory seats

I have had numerous vehicles with memory seats. I just set them and forget them. On my 2014 SRX I can't seem to set them. I hold down the memory and the number 2 button and wait for a chime. It doesn't make any noise, although I have heard it when I first bought the car and tried to set the driver's seat. After holding the 2 buttons down for several seconds, I press just the #2 button, which is the button I just tried to set. The seat starts to move, which it shouldn't since it is in the position I just set for #2.
    I tried setting the seats with the engine running and in park and without the engine running. My wife should be #1 and she can't get her button to set either. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Re: Trouble setting memory seats

Quote Originally Posted by Movinon View Post
    I have had numerous vehicles with memory seats. I just set them and forget them. On my 2014 SRX I can't seem to set them. I hold down the memory and the number 2 button and wait for a chime. It doesn't make any noise, although I have heard it when I first bought the car and tried to set the driver's seat. After holding the 2 buttons down for several seconds, I press just the #2 button, which is the button I just tried to set. The seat starts to move, which it shouldn't since it is in the position I just set for #2.
    I tried setting the seats with the engine running and in park and without the engine running. My wife should be #1 and she can't get her button to set either. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    When I set mine, I would only hear the confirmation beep when I pushed both buttons at the exact same time. If I pressed the M button first and then the number button, I could hold it there like that forever and there would not be a beep and the memory wouldn't set. So the key is to push the M and the number at the exact same time until you hear the beep, which comes pretty quickly.

Keep in mind when you want your seat to return to the memory setting that you stored for 1 or 2 you have to press the number you want and keep it pressed until the seat stops moving completely before releasing the number button. I originally thought I just had to press and release the button and it would automatically move everything back but it won't as it stops all movement when you release the button, therefore you need to keep it pressed until the seat is back in position.

~Tina~

Thanks for the response. I am fairly sure I am pressing the memory and the #2 button at the same time, at least that is what my intentions have been. I will try again. It is a 100 mile round trip to my dealer so I was trying to avoid that.

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

On my side, I had the same problem as you when I took delivery of my brand new 13 SRX and my dealer had to change the memory switch. Since then, it works fine.

Thanks for the information.

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

There's a bulletin, PIE0269, for the ATS, XTS, SRX, and CTS, for memory/power seat issues. It instructs dealers to contact engineers listed in a bulletin before replacing any components. My guess is that it's therefore a software issue that the dealer should be able to correct.

hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

Just had my 2013 fixed for the second time yesterday, our required another software update.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Movinon,

I apologize for any inconvenience your memory seat malfunction has caused for you and your wife. I see other forum members have provided insight to your situation and how they resolved their seat memory concern. I understand you are hesitant to drive to your dealer due to distance, but if you do choose to work with your dealer let us know so we can assist. We can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks for all the responses. I will wait until my first scheduled oil change and have the dealer look at it then.
    Tom

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

My memory seats only travel to the memory position after I lock the vehicle then unlock and open the door which I think is dumb why do you want to enter a vehicle with the seat moving forward? If I exit the car and do not lock the door I have to select, press and hold the memory button to get the set to the memory location. My Jeep Grand Cherokee puts the seat into the memory position when the starter button is pressed locking or not locking the door makes no difference. Is this normal for a 2010 or do I have a software issue, does anyone else know?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SRX-MTL View Post
    On my side, I had the same problem as you when I took delivery of my brand new 13 SRX and my dealer had to change the memory switch. Since then, it works fine.
    Hello SRX-MTL,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this concern with your SRX as well. I am glad that the dealership was able to diagnose and address this concern. Thanks for updating us with this experience, I hope that it will assist any other community member who is experiencing this.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Thanks for all the responses. I will wait until my first scheduled oil change and have the dealer look at it then.
    Tom
    Hello Tom,

Thanks for keeping us updated! We will definitely be on the lookout for your updates once you take your vehicle in for your first oil change. Please feel free to private message us if you would like any assistance in setting up that appointment or working with your dealership.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

satman1962 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX
    I have that problem of not being able to set the memory as well. Will bring it to the attention of the dealer next week.

Jay

I started this thread stating that my memory seat button didn't beep or work. A few days ago it started to work fine. My wife and I have readjusted the seat and mirror settings several times since then with no problem.
    We are doing the same thing as before holding the memory and either the #1 or #2 button at the same time. It wouldn't work before no matter how often we tried, now it works every time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.