2013 Adaptive Cruise Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 Adaptive Cruise Issues in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am having an issue with my cruise control and would appreciate it if anyone with ACC could perform a ...
    matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 14 CTSV Wagon (past 13 SRX-4 Prem, 08 CTS, 05 Escalade EXT)

2013 Adaptive Cruise Issues

I am having an issue with my cruise control and would appreciate it if anyone with ACC could perform a quick test:

Enable adaptive cruise
    Set your cruise control at 25-35 mph
    Accelerate to 50-70 mph (without using the break in between or disabling active cruise in any way)
    Let off the gas at the higher speed
    Push cruise set

What does your car do? Does it clear the 30 mph cruise and set cruise at the new 50 mph speed or does it decrease cruise speed from 30 to 29 (-) and rapidly apply the brake?

Prompt response would be great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: 2013 Adaptive Cruise Issues

I'll give this a try
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Yes, you can set the higher speed. Just be sure to push down on SET and not up to RES.

I push down the set and it does NOT set the higher speed.

My Cadillac dealer is telling me all the cars on the lot function the same as mine (that is cruise tries to resume the old speed -1 mph and applies the breaks). I am going to see for myself tomorrow and I know that this doesn't make sense.

Please: only post if you have ACC and have tried this. I am interested in what is happening to others, I don't need opinions as logic may not apply here...

A key component is your foot must be OFF the gas peddle when you push set and your cruise must still be active (green dash light).

12CTSMAN, I don't mean to assume you didn't try this... Did you? I have Cadillac Engineers telling me it should accept the newer high speed. It only makes sense that it would accept the higher speed. Every car I've ever owned would accept the higher speed; this said, the service manager is telling me the other cars WITH ACC on the lot function like mine (abruptly and harshly applying the breaks), they said GM Technical confirms that it will NOT accept the higher speed and that my car is functioning as designed. The service manager asked me to come drive another car with him to show me... It just doesn't make sense and that is why I am only interested in others test results vs opinions.

Any updates Captain?

Yea. Two conditions happen. One you are off throttle and set the cruise, it reduces and resumes at the previous speed (slow).
    The other is if you are on the throttle and set cruise it sets at the new higher speed.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

That is what they tell me and what my car does as well. The issue I have is after accelerating up to 70 mph, I go to set the cruise and the car applies the adaptive breaks... If someone is following behind me as I accelerate I could get rear ended.... It doesn't make sense that after I accelerate more than 30mph faster, the car is not smart enough to clear the previous set point and set it at the new set point.

Thanks again for checking!

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matthayes3741
    12CTSMAN, I don't mean to assume you didn't try this... Did you? I have Cadillac Engineers telling me it should accept the newer high speed. It only makes sense that it would accept the higher speed. Every car I've ever owned would accept the higher speed; this said, the service manager is telling me the other cars WITH ACC on the lot function like mine (abruptly and harshly applying the breaks), they said GM Technical confirms that it will NOT accept the higher speed and that my car is functioning as designed. The service manager asked me to come drive another car with him to show me... It just doesn't make sense and that is why I am only interested in others test results vs opinions. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    If you were not going to believe me then why ask the question in the first place? I like your use of "assume" since you certainly made an ass of yourself to me. FYI, I have been driving for over 50 years and have owned 44 vehicles (including 2 Indy 500 replica pace cars) in my lifetime and I am a former member of USAC (if you don't what that means you don't know jack about auto racing) so I know a few things about cars and how they operate, or don't. Plus, I was a sponsor on 2 Indy cars in the late 70's.

I sincerely apologize.

The reason I asked is so that someone with ACC would try this and post the results (as I tried to explain in my earlier post). Finally, were you right in saying that it would accept the higher speed as long as I pushed set vs resume? As stated, I agree with you that it should accept the new speed but it does not.

Captain has confirmed that it will not accept the higher speed and that is why I assumed you had not tested it on an ACC car... my car does not accept the higher speed, the dealership informed me it would not and scheduled tomorrow to show it to me.

Why does an internet thread have to turn into 'who is an ass and who isn't'?

Again, I meant absolutely no disrespect and apologize if you are upset.

So yours is setting the cruise to the back to the low speed even when you are on the throttle at the higher speed? (That's what it sounds like you are saying...)

Sorry, it is tricky to word this correctly. When my foot is on the pedal, it accepts the new speed; when off the pedal it goes to the slower speed. I believe mine is functioning exactly as yours... That said, I don't like that when I attempt to set the cruise at a higher speed my car applies the brakes... Cars without ACC do not function this way, they clear the old and set at the new higher speed regardless of where your foot is... They do not try to reduce the old, slower speed by 1 mph and slowly cruise down to that speed (since they don't have control of brakes).

Correct. That is the way GM has programmed the ACC to function. Keep your foot on the throttle to set the new cruise speed. Easy.

It's definitely easy but when someone drives another Cadillac without ACC and isn't aware of this throttle requirement, merges into the slow lane and sets the cruise and nearly gets rear ended and flipped the bird for applying the brakes (even though it was the car that braked) it was a cause for concern. I wanted the dealership to look at it and see if it was working as intended.

Now that I know it is functioning as designed, I will just be sure to hit set while my foot is on the throttle.

Thanks again for your help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.