check engine light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, check engine light in Cadillac SRX Forums; Took vehicle to dealer on Monday for check engine light and a few other things. I was treated great but ...
    djwlbk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx4

check engine light

Took vehicle to dealer on Monday for check engine light and a few other things. I was treated great but my problem is all they did was reset the check engine light and said there were no stored codes. Sent me on my way. Today guess what a check engine light and no remote start due to this called them back and they say just bring it back well that's fine but everytime I have to take it in that's 100 miles off my warranty. I should get these miles added to my warranty for every trip I make to the dealer for a warranty claim. Am I wrong? Anyway this check engine light has been coming and going since I bought the vehicle. Any suggestion? Thanks to all
    stevec5375 and ladypro like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: check engine light

If they added the kms or miles to your warranty for taking it in, my old 2010 (463's now) would never be off warranty.
    Almost the same with my 2013.

Good luck with your suggestion though.

As for the check engine... leave your vehicle at the dealer and tell them you aren't taking it back until they find and fix properly what is going on with the engine code.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

If the check engine light keeps coming on, there's a reason for it! Can't believe no codes are stored. I would also try to find a dealership that is closer....

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by djwlbk View Post
    Took vehicle to dealer on Monday for check engine light and a few other things. I was treated great but my problem is all they did was reset the check engine light and said there were no stored codes. Sent me on my way. Today guess what a check engine light and no remote start due to this called them back and they say just bring it back well that's fine but everytime I have to take it in that's 100 miles off my warranty. I should get these miles added to my warranty for every trip I make to the dealer for a warranty claim. Am I wrong? Anyway this check engine light has been coming and going since I bought the vehicle. Any suggestion? Thanks to all
    Hello djwlbk,

Do you have any further updates regarding your SRX? Have you had a chance to take your vehicle back to the dealership? If you would like any assistance locating a dealership that is closer to you, or any assistance in setting up an appointment, I would be happy to do so. Please feel free to private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, and mileage. I will be on the lookout for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

djwlbk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx4

check engine light

Ok so after my light being reset by the dealer and coming on and going off a few more times they finally caught two codes on it today. One was engine position sensor and another was a code something to do with the turbo. Hope they can figure this out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by djwlbk View Post
    Ok so after my light being reset by the dealer and coming on and going off a few more times they finally caught two codes on it today. One was engine position sensor and another was a code something to do with the turbo. Hope they can figure this out.
    Hello djwlbk,

I apologize for any inconvenience your vehicle concerns have caused for you. I am glad your dealer was able to scan and find two codes on your vehicle. Please continue to keep me updated on the outcome of your situation. I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Please do not start new threads on an item you've already created. (And a reminder to search first before posting first!-ok in this case- general reminder)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

Harry347 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hi, I going through the same thing right now with my 2010 SRX. My car also has the turbo. For awhile, the check engine light as well as service stablitrack light would go on but there would be no codes. Sometime the lights would go off only to come back on the next day or so. I actually thought that having low levels of gas in the tank had something to do with the cause since the lights would go off shortly after a fill-up. Eventually the check engine light stayed on and several codes were found.

On Tuesday the dealer though the problem was caused by a defective fuse block. The fuse block was replaced and on my way home, all the warning lights came on again! Later yesterday, I was told the issue is a defective throttle body which needed replacing BUT the part is being redesigned and will not be available for at least another week. The dealer still claims the fuse block needed replacing.

At this point I'm not sure what is the real root cause of the problem. I have a hard time understanding how 2 parts with no or minimal moving parts can cause these issues on a 3 year old car. I've owned the car since it was new and have never been in an accident.

Hope my post helps

Harry

hprifledude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

my 2010 SRX 3.0 had the mechanics stumped for about a week trying to find the problem with a lean code check engine light. The problem was found to be a intake manifold gasket.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    If they added the kms or miles to your warranty for taking it in, my old 2010 (463's now) would never be off warranty.
    Almost the same with my 2013.

Good luck with your suggestion though.

As for the check engine... leave your vehicle at the dealer and tell them you aren't taking it back until they find and fix properly what is going on with the engine code.
    Expiring minds want to know: Why do you keep buying SRX's if you're having to take it in to be "fixed" so often?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Expiring minds want to know: Why do you keep buying SRX's if you're having to take it in to be "fixed" so often?
    Can you tell me a vehicle that is guaranteed to not have issues? There are forums of problems for every single new car sold today.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Can you tell me a vehicle that is guaranteed to not have issues? There are forums of problems for every single new car sold today.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I suppose there are no guarantees. However, my last 3 vehicles had virtually no issues compared to this SRX. I can't imagine buying another one. Fool me once...well, you know the old saying.

I figured maybe Cadillac would have their stuff figured out by now. And the SRX is so awesome as a vehicle, it does everything so amazingly. It just doesn't have any quality...

And I'm loyal to a fault. But even loyalty can only run so far...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I figured maybe Cadillac would have their stuff figured out by now. And the SRX is so awesome as a vehicle, it does everything so amazingly. It just doesn't have any quality...

And I'm loyal to a fault. But even loyalty can only run so far...
    I had a Nissan Maxima, an Infiniti I30t, then an Infiniti QX4 before this Cadillac SRX. All of the Nissan/Infiniti products were far superior in quality. I only had to deal with routine maintenance and nothing more. Granted, they were not as sophisticated electronically as the SRX but that is only because of the age of them. However, what good is it to have bells and whistles if they are chronically broken? I would rather do without than have to be at the dealer constantly getting something fixed.

I am amazed at brand loyalty. To me it means that the marketing dept. is doing its job. But I am not one to get trapped in the marketing hype. As an American citizen, I would love to see GM succeed, but they are going to have to do better than this. There are still problems from the 2010 era that are showing up in the 2014 models. What's up with that?

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Sometimes its not brand loyalty, but dealer (sales, service, finance) department loyalty. My father in-law bought from the same dealer/salesman for many years. This seems more common with the older folks. Me, I am going to buy the best vehicle for my money I can find, I don't care what brand it is. I just traded my 07 Avalanche for a 2013 Lincoln MKT Ecoboost certified used. This thing has way more bells and whistles than my wife's 2012 SRX. Will it be reliable? I don't know, but I am going to use that warranty at every chance I get.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.