check engine light - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, check engine light in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by adamjeeps Sometimes its not brand loyalty, but dealer (sales, service, finance) department loyalty. My father in-law bought ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: check engine light

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Sometimes its not brand loyalty, but dealer (sales, service, finance) department loyalty. My father in-law bought from the same dealer/salesman for many years. This seems more common with the older folks. Me, I am going to buy the best vehicle for my money I can find, I don't care what brand it is. I just traded my 07 Avalanche for a 2013 Lincoln MKT Ecoboost certified used. This thing has way more bells and whistles than my wife's 2012 SRX. Will it be reliable? I don't know, but I am going to use that warranty at every chance I get.
    I don't blame you for using "that warranty every chance I get". But... and it's a big but, mine just ran out. So now I'm on my own. And I don't mind telling you, it's scary. I have never owned a vehicle until now where I felt like I needed to "dump" it lest I get hit with extraordinary expenses. I am constantly on guard for a replacement for the SRX. This is a first for me. I am looking to rid myself of a problem before it happens. What fun is that for vehicle ownership? Good luck with your 2013 Lincoln MKT Ecoboost.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I guess that is why leasing has become so popular: Lease an expensive car for less than a car note for the warranty duration and turn it back in and repeat. You never own anything, but at the same time, you know your vehicle expense will never go up. You can find some really good lease deals on high-end cars, considering how much they would cost to buy. It still seems to be a more financially prudent decision to buy a car and keep it until its either fully or mostly paid off, but I certainly see the frustration of having to make repairs.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I guess that is why leasing has become so popular: Lease an expensive car for less than a car note for the warranty duration and turn it back in and repeat. You never own anything, but at the same time, you know your vehicle expense will never go up. You can find some really good lease deals on high-end cars, considering how much they would cost to buy. It still seems to be a more financially prudent decision to buy a car and keep it until its either fully or mostly paid off, but I certainly see the frustration of having to make repairs.
    Leases scare me. I've heard horror stories of people having some minor blemishes getting nailed to the wall about it. What recourse do you have if someone gives you a major door ding?

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Not sure, I've never leased a car before. I suppose you either fix with out of pocket funds or insurance claim. Or, just turn it in and hope you don't get hit too hard. My father got a kit 4 months before his lease was up that showed how big a blemish could be before it counted against "excess wear and tear". I think it was about a 1 or 2 inch circle for paint damage.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375
    Leases scare me. I've heard horror stories of people having some minor blemishes getting nailed to the wall about it. What recourse do you have if someone gives you a major door ding?
    In my experience, leasing is generally not a problem at turn in time. This is especially true if you lease again from the same manufacturer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.